SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New truck battery for 90's Chevy PU. $50, & $75 or $100?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New truck battery for 90's Chevy PU. $50, & $75 or $100? Login/Join 
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
For vehicle batteries I get the highest and best I can buy. I buy the Sears Diehard Gold or Platinum which are now maintenance free. YES they are very expensive at $200+ but they have a very long warranty exchange like 8 years and the first 3 or 4 years you are not prorated but full exchange. I had only 1 Diehard gold go bad within the 3 years and they replaced it for free for the full price with another Diehard Gold. Whereas the lesser expensive batteries have shorter warranties that immediately are prorated meaning you loss some money already. Just sharing my experience and opinion. God Bless Smile

When my Jeep WJ battery died this summer (happens every 3.5-4 yrs), went back to Sears for a Die Hard gold. Was told the prorated warranty was dissolved a few years ago on the replacement. Would have been more disappointed if I thought Sears was still going to exist in another 3 years...

Posts: 1305 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I put the $100 "premium" Walmart battery in my truck. It died within warranty and was replaced... maybe a fluke.

My wife's car got a $50 value line Walmart as an experiment. It last over 5 years so when it did die it got replaced with another $50 Walmart value battery.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thumper, with as I said. Batteries are a crap shoot I am leaning that way on the next battery I need. I opted for a local Delco this go round as I am not headed to WM any time soon. But I agree with your logic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I'd go to WalMart.

Wal-Mart 'Everstart' batteries are made by Johnson Controls. Same maker as Interstate.

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I'd just get a Johnson Controls battery. There is a lot of relabeling going on, NAPA doesn't own a battery factory.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Big Wal Mart fan here. Reason is that I can go to any store and I am already in the system for warranty work. I travel with the truck and used the warranty in another state. No problems.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post