SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roadtrip and Eagles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roadtrip and Eagles Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
So it's been a hell of a roadtrip. I've spent 2 days driving through the interior of Alaska, crossed the Yukon Territory and clipped a corner of British Columbia only to cross back into Alaska to get to Haines. Haines has a weird weather pattern in which the Chiklat River is slow to freeze. As a result they have a salmon run in October/November in which just about every Bald Eagle in Alaska and northern Canada flies in to feast.

I've seen every form of weather in the last 2 days except for clear skis and sunshine. Hoping for some better weather tomorrow, hopefully this shot is just a preview of things to come.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I was in Haines last year. I enjoyed the visit. I also went in to the Yukon for a few hours and turned around and came back into the U.S. Since then, I took a trip to Europe but can't stop thinking of Alaska.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post