SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can a snake climb a brick wall? (Warning snake pic)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can a snake climb a brick wall? (Warning snake pic) Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
TigerDore, is that a copperhead?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I/we have seen a couple incidents in which snakes climb. Black snakes three times.

One had climbed the cement block wall in our house that was under construction. It was in the above ground basement. Daughter walked into the house one night, and had one fall from above the door and land across her arms. Let out a scream which woke mom and I. I caught the snake and took it outside and let it go in the brush.

Found 1 here at the house some time ago. It was about half way into a bird house. I grabbed it by the tail and disengaged it from the bird house. It was not happy.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:

I have seen a few copperheads, and none were that color.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:

I don't think so. Even though there are some variations in tone, and the babies can appear grayish, the markings don't look right.

Here is some good info. They do come in gray color.

https://www.mdwfp.com/media/ne...akes-of-mississippi/

Here are some juvenile copperheads:

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Jim was a prophet, and Rhonda Wedge was my "Mary Lou". (even if he came along a few years later, he nailed it)

To be able to roll back the clock 50 years, and spend one more day and night...

Spiders and Snakes. Yeah, man.

God Bless you girl, wherever you are. I hope life treated you 1/2 as good as you treated me.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post