SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Air Force Academy First Sergeant Reprimanded For Telling Cadets To Dress Properly
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air Force Academy First Sergeant Reprimanded For Telling Cadets To Dress Properly Login/Join 
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
No micro aggression at Ft. Polk La. In 1967 but loads of MACROAGRESSION. This s..t has gotton waaaaaaaay out of line.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
Originally posted by Herknav:
Link to Comm's Bio

Figures. No tours outside the US.

In all fairness, she is a bomber pilot, not many opportunities to be assigned over seas, especially in the 1990s and early 2000s. I wonder how many missions she flew and combat time.

Maybe so, but one would think that in her career she would have leaned a little bit about proper dealing with subordinates.

In my time in the army, NOBODY ever chewed out a subordinate NCO or officer in public. Well, almost never.

We had one 2lt who did that, once. His career effectively ended shortly thereafter. Having the entire NCO staff in the unit after your ass is not going to end well for you. And it didn't for him, either. Brigade commander had his ass transferred back to the states so fast that he didn't have time to hit the BOQ to pack his stuff.

2 Lt's did it and sent it after him.

She isn't the one who chewed out the First Sgt., it was a Colonel under her command.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
In my time in the army, NOBODY ever chewed out a subordinate NCO or officer in public.
I was Navy, not Army. A four plus two contract: four years regular Navy, followed by two years reserve.

My reserve time included two weeks at a Navy school, where I was the senior enlisted guy (E-5) in my class. I was marching the class from breakfast to the classroom when one of the school staff, E-6, shouted a disparaging remark from an open window in the school building; he did not like something I was doing.

I halted the class, told them to stand at ease, marched my narrow ass into his office, and proceeded to chew his ass out despite the fact that he outranked me.

He apologized.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post