SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Air Force Academy First Sergeant Reprimanded For Telling Cadets To Dress Properly
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air Force Academy First Sergeant Reprimanded For Telling Cadets To Dress Properly Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a different take on this, I was taught NEVER to chew out or criticize a subordinate in public in front of other subordinates. If a individual needs to be reprehend it should be done in private. The colonel needs some chewing!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
I have a different take on this, I was taught NEVER to chew out or criticize a subordinate in public in front of other subordinates. If a individual needs to be reprehend it should be done in private. The colonel needs some chewing!

I thought the same thing. Even under the academy's boss respect is a focus. The good colonel needs re education

Posts: 6387 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did auto correct get ya?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, can you fix it. Thank you, J.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Col. needs to be relieved, and 1SGT needs to be promoted to E8.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:

I thought the same thing. Even under the academy's boss respect is a focus. The good colonel needs re education

quote:
First Sergeant Zachary Parish apparently wrote in a leaked email

Someone in the email chain needs a whoopin' too. It wouldn't be too hard to figure out who it was.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
when I was in Basic, every morning at parade we would have our uniforms inspected and the DI shouted out so everyone could hear what our deficiencies were...

I guess dress and deportment are no longer considered important

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
This is the same Academy that built a "Falcon Circle" - an outdoor worship area for the Pagan and Wicca cadets. Roll Eyes

Article is from 2011.

http://www.usafa.af.mil/News/C...s-right-thing-to-do/

I retired from the AF almost 20 years ago, and didn't like how it was evolving then. Now I just shake my head...

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herknav:
Link to Comm's Bio

Figures. No tours outside the US.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, can you fix it. Thank you, J.

I think you meant “reprimanded” not “reprehend.”

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stood guardmount every working shift. I was inspected every working shift. If I was not IAW AFM 35-10,(I still remember the manual number) it was cause for discipline. And you wanted to look good, because if you did, you got the night off!
Curtis Lemay is spinning in his grave.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16072 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
Link to Comm's Bio

In all fairness, she is a bomber pilot, not many opportunities to be assigned over seas, especially in the 1990s and early 2000s. I wonder how many missions she flew and combat time.

Posts: 3927 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The Commandant is a BGEN named Kristin Goodwin.

The Colonel who did the reprimanding is someone named Julian Stephens.

There must be some confusion here somewhere.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Link to Comm's Bio

Yes, but she made Full Bird in 19 years. She's very special.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
The corporate Air Force.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
quote:
Link to Comm's Bio

In all fairness, she is a bomber pilot, not many opportunities to be assigned over seas, especially in the 1990s and early 2000s. I wonder how many missions she flew and combat time.

Maybe so, but one would think that in her career she would have leaned a little bit about proper dealing with subordinates.

In my time in the army, NOBODY ever chewed out a subordinate NCO or officer in public. Well, almost never.

We had one 2lt who did that, once. His career effectively ended shortly thereafter. Having the entire NCO staff in the unit after your ass is not going to end well for you. And it didn't for him, either. Brigade commander had his ass transferred back to the states so fast that he didn't have time to hit the BOQ to pack his stuff.

2 Lt's did it and sent it after him.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Agreed! The Colonel has several issues that need to be addressed.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
We don't have a draft. These folks opted in. And it's the Air Force Academy, for heaven's sake. Not an easy place to get into, and you don't go there by accident.

I am having difficulties imagining hypersensitive people choosing a military career.

But, independently of that, snowflakes will melt in the blowtorch of combat. Might it not be better for all concerned to weed them out in training?

Posts: 15025 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Might it not be better for all concerned to weed them out in training?

It would be better than selecting for snowflake-ism and nurturing it, which is what they’ve been doing for a long time now.

For crying out loud, the Col in the article is the Vice Commandant for Culture & Climate. They have an O-6 who does this as a full-time job.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I don't know what microagression is, but i know what a gig line is.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post