SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Air Force Academy First Sergeant Reprimanded For Telling Cadets To Dress Properly
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air Force Academy First Sergeant Reprimanded For Telling Cadets To Dress Properly Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
The good colonel simply understands that his job is to prepare future perfumed princes of the Pentagon, not real warriors.

He probably has a copy of the Obama National Museum portrait already hanging in his office.

Remember the old show "Branded" where the actor got his rank torn off due to alleged cowardice? This is what we should do to the colonel.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20317 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I've haven't any proper words...

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The commandant is making dignity and respect a priority for her staff.

Some how not surprised. Another obummer warrior?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
I suspect there may be some racial bias on the part of Col. Julian Stephens as well.

From a non-related article:
Maj. Julian Stephens, the air officer commanding for Cadet Squadron 14 and a liaison for the Hubert L. "Hooks" Jones Chapter of the Tuskegee Airmen Inc., took up the challenge.

"It was the least I could do for what the Tuskegee Airmen did for me as an African American," said Stephens, a 1996 Academy graduate and native of Sandusky, Ohio

Link to article

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
I also think that all officer candidates should have to serve as an enlisted member for a full 4 years before they are allowed to become an officer candidate.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
He was never seen with a gaudy chain around his neck, his pants below his waistline, or with a backwards baseball hat on during public appearances.”

It is my guess that this was the "micro-aggression". His example only calls out the black community's "fashion/style". Had he not included this sentence I bet the whole thing doesn't happen.

Still, it's bullshit.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's PC stuff like this that is the reason why the Army has to revamp Basic because the entitled little shits can't march, shoot or have a professional appearance to save their precious lives.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33748 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Jeezus Christmas. I need to buy an anvil so that I can go outside and hammer out my own micro-aggression after reading bullshit like this. So what's next? Graduation ceremonies featuring the latest in Hawaiian shirts and flip flops? FFS. Yup...we're in Bizarro World, folks.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
The new "Chair Force"

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3917 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It's PC stuff like this that is the reason why the Army has to revamp Basic because the entitled little shits can't march, shoot or have a professional appearance to save their precious lives.
Roll Eyes

Once, when I was roaming the halls of my ANG Wing HQ building, a prospective recruit came out of the Recruiters Office with his shirt tail hanging out, baggy jeans, untied shoestrings on his sneakers (basic 1990s “grunge look”). I was half tempted to tell him that his appearance was totally unacceptable for military standards, but since he was still a civilian I didn’t say anything, but I thought to myself, “Yeah, he’ll go far at Basic looking like that.” I have no idea if he enlisted or not. Looks like things have not improved in standards.

Once we (collective military “we”) start to allow “exceptions” because of societal feelings, than discipline will take a backseat to everything else and a cohesive and effective military is pretty much over.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Herknav and 2Bob:

Sadly, you both make sense.

My brother is retired USAF, didn't go to the Academy, did spend time at Cheyene Mountain and in Kosovo, this won't sit well with him.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The commandant is making dignity and respect a priority for her staff.

I hope she and her snowflake colonels don't read the new Mattis directive on 'Deploy or be removed from the service'. . Would that be considered a macroagression or still just a microagression?

I was enlisted before joining ROTC in the early 80's. We didn't get emails, we had infantry E-7's screaming in our face about looking like a bunch of G-D ragbags and doing pushups until we got the message.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Time to shuffle the 0bama devotee, Col Stephens, into retirement. Do not pass go or collect his Star...

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
This should be a huge embarrassment to the armed services, and IMO the colonel's commanding officer should call her in on the carpet and give her a course correction.

I pray we never have to go to an actual war (you know, with skilled, determined opponents willing to stand and fight) with a command structure dominated by this type of thinking, or we will never succeed. There will be no post-war diversity statues...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Not to thread drift, but...

Speaking of uniforms and shitbags, what's the latest on that sunuvabitch West Pointer Communist MF'er with the Che t-shirt that should be seeing the inside of a body bag? Kinda lost track of the piece of fecal matter...

[/drift]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The Commandant is a "female". Nuff said.

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember a lot of aggression from my DIs. None of it was "micro" and yet somehow, I survived. And learned how to present a military bearing. I really fear for the future of our military if Mattis and others like him are not put back in charge.

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The best part of all of this? Guess who is paying the salaries of the Colonel and his boss. Think about it when you look at the deductions portion of your next paycheck stub.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
damn have we came a long way in 50/60 years.
c p o Grimes would have made us double time around the grinder with our rifle over our heads
The whole company.
Then that night the blanker party took care of the shithead that caused this.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:....I was enlisted before joining ROTC in the early 80's. We didn't get emails, we had infantry E-7's screaming in our face about looking like a bunch of G-D ragbags and doing pushups until we got the message.

Smile

I had some E-6's that were quite good at that as well.

But not to worry. I am sure that in combat the enemy will go easy on the snowflakes. Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post