SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    be careful on the country roads , it's harvest time
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

be careful on the country roads , it's harvest time Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Track days. Enjoy spirited driving while avoiding things like tractors, speed traps, bicyclists, pedestrians, emergency vehicles on the side of the road, etc.

Posts: 10908 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
saw a near miss today , not a close call by any means , but it could of been a disaster for four vehicles

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hunting season too. Look for deer on the roads. Had a couple young duck hunters pass me at high speed on the double yellow. I was going 2 over the speed limit and they had no cause. I caught up 5 min later and they'd pulled over and one of them was chasing a large bird through the brush. WTH? Why the hurry, there were folks out working their farms, and a single tractor crossing at the wrong spot could have been ugly.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Around here it’s deer season...but then gain we see them almost year ‘round...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post