SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump Jr. hunts Elk in KY and the left lose their minds!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump Jr. hunts Elk in KY and the left lose their minds!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I can't say I am a huge Trump supporter but he is worlds better than our other option but I sure can say that I am absolutly love watching the left lose their shit about every little thing that any of the Trumps do.

A little preface here on the article. Elk hunting is quite limited here in the state. Only allowed in certain areas and regions with a very limited number of tags given in a lottery system.
Though there are some recreational tags are given to large landowners (like 40k acres and above) that allow the public to hunt their property. It is my understanding that the land owner may give the tags to whomever they choose and the tag does not have to be used in season.

The article does not mention who gave their tag to Trump Jr. but I would go to guess someone in the coal industry. I am all for them doing it what they want with the tag they are given.

Reading the comments not only on that site but Facebook are hysterical. Most people don't actually read the article and are pissed he got a lottery tag they have been putting in for for years.

http://www.kentucky.com/news/s...rticle142715599.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Anything that sets off the snowflakes works for me.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Selective outrage,bless their hearts.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump Jr. hunts Elk in KY and the left loose their minds!!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1850011224

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Lose, loose...such a fine line. Wink

I liked the mental image of the leftists setting their minds loose, myself. Imagine the troubles they'd have finding the little things, afterward. Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I didn't know there are Elk in Kentucky.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Lose, loose...such a fine line. Wink

I liked the mental image of the leftists setting their minds loose, myself. Imagine the troubles they'd have finding the little things, afterward. Smile

Sorry, more of a fat finger issue.
Make that a autocorrect issue. I see it did it in the body as well did a little test and sure enough switches lose to loose.
Man that is annoying.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I didn't know there are Elk in Kentucky.

Fair amount in Eastern Ky still very limited hunts.
I have seen 1 and it was huge!!!

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Is he an NRA member?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I was wondering how big a herd would grow in 15 years if they started with 7 ?

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
"Can I get me a huntin' licence here?"

John Kerry

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I was wondering how big a herd would grow in 15 years if they started with 7 ?

A few years old but here is the State report on Elk.
http://fw.ky.gov/Hunt/Documents/1314ElkReport.pdf

The reintroduction has been a great success. Same with black bears. I have property on the KY/Tn border and bears are most certainly now a couple times a week sighting.
The male on our property is getting pretty brace he'll come and sit on the gravel drive when one is out mowing.
The female you don't see too often but have a few good gamecam shots of her and the babies.

————————————————

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Have to give the guy credit for his skill.

Having said that, as an Idaho refugee who has hunted elk there, I hunted elk in Colorado when stationed there, and have hunted elk in Germany as well. The seasons in all those places are in the fall/winter.

Does game management in that state belong to land owners, rather than the state?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Some of Kentucky's elk have wondered into other states like VA, TN, and Mo. Their elk program was helped by the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and has been very successful and was started back in 2000.

VA also has started an elk restoration program in some of the western counties.

Since restoration efforts to restore this once-native species began a few years ago, Virginia’s Elk have been thriving! DGIF Biologists estimate the total number of elk in Virginia to be between 150 to 200 animals. Our Virginia bulls are growing impressive antlers and are now “bugling” to assert their dominance, and to impress their harems. The sound of the elk bugle is one of the most unique sounds in nature. These magnificent animals provide a great viewing opportunity–Elk Cows can weigh up to 600lbs and Bulls can grow to a whopping 700lbs!

https://blog.wildlife.virginia...lk-herd-in-virginia/

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
On Jan. 14, Trump used a bow and arrow to kill a bull elk on private property in Martin County, said Mark Marraccini, communications director for the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife. Marraccini said he believes Trump’s elk weighed about 700 pounds.

“It doesn’t really matter what you’re hunting, if you’re an archer, that’s a higher skill level than using a rifle. He made this kill with a bow and was probably 30 yards away,” Marraccini said. “To get close enough to make a kill with a bow, there’s a lot of skill involved in that.”

snowflakes are melting all over....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
"Can I get me a huntin' licence here?"

John Kerry

Smile Good memory.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nice article on him and his family in Bowhunter

http://www.bowhunter.com/tacti...ifth-avenue-redneck/

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I thought I recalled an interview with him on Bowsite a couple of years back, and I just located it. You need to click the links to actually hear several segments of the interview. Pretty cool!

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE...views/donaldtrumpjr/

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I thought Dan'l Boone got them all

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Is he an NRA member?

I believe so.

He's shot some high Power matches at the Camp Pendleton Gun club that I use to be a member of.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post