SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bee Stings!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bee Stings!!! Login/Join 
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted
Well they "suck" I was mowing the lawn and a bee or a hornet (not sure which) got me on the right ear on the inside edge on the cartilage.

Man does it burn and sting, I took some Alleve but it did nothing. Mad Mad

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
This guy gest stung just for fun. (Today's version of Steve Erwin???)

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Rub household ammonia on the sting as fast as you can.

Posts: 4682 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benadryl. Also make sure you get the stinger out, sometimes that breaks off.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
So far Ice is the only thing that is working, we can't see a stinger in it, just a white lump.

Does that mean that the stinger is in it?

Thanks,

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I ran over a bee's nest while mowing and got 10 stings, mostly on my ankles. The next time I mowed I got 6 stings. Them SOBs itch like crazy for a few days.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
1 sting you are complaining about 1 sting?? Roll Eyes

Get back to me when you find yourself 7 miles into a 14 mile hike and the tree you hop over has a nest on the other side where you land and your best count is well over 50 stings starting and your legs going all the way up to your face. Park rangers aren't answering so you have to hike it back the 7 miles you just went!
Took so much Benadryl for the next 2 days you could barely get out of bed to pee. Then the 3rd day you wake up to 5 of the sting locations swollen like a dark purple hockey puck (cellulitus).

Then you can complain about a sting Razz

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
1 sting you are complaining about 1 sting?? Roll Eyes

Get back to me when you find yourself 7 miles into a 14 mile hike and the tree you hop over has a nest on the other side where you land and your best count is well over 50 stings starting and your legs going all the way up to your face. Park rangers aren't answering so you have to hike it back the 7 miles you just went!
Took so much Benadryl for the next 2 days you could barely get out of bed to pee. Then the 3rd day you wake up to 5 of the sting locations swollen like a dark purple hockey puck (cellulitus).

Then you can complain about a sting Razz

OK you are tougher than I am, but my ear is still swollen red and throbbing, oh and did I mention that it hurts Razz

Archerman

posted Hide Post
Got stung on two different occasions this summer... hadn't had a sting in years.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
Got stung on two different occasions this summer... hadn't had a sting in years.

^This...I don't know if it was the weather or what, but man the bees, hornets, and wasps were bad this year. Before I took a direct hit to the ear earlier this summer, it had been many years since I had been stung.

Archerman, I feel for you. I was in your shoes earlier this summer and it'll probably "look" worse tomorrow. Mine looked like I had 1/2 a roll of bologna hanging from the side of my head Eek Ice helps a little for the pain, but as soon as you stop, it comes right back. Just grin and bear it Big Grin Not much else to do besides Benadryl which just might help you sleep off the worst of it.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I'm a beekeeper and get stung regularly. It hurts every time. An oldtimer told me his dad would spit tobacco juice on the stings. Last week I got stung in the calf. I took some pipe tobacco and water and rubbed the juice on the sting. I had instant relief. It worked.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for tobacco juice. From my grandpa. Not sure if it worked better than anything else, but a poultice made from chewing tobacco (Red Man, specifically) went on my stings as a youngster. Smile

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Bee keeper here and I chew red man gold all the time.
Yes it helps as I usually get one caught between my glasses and eye brow.
Just part of the excitement of bee keeping

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I woke up sunday, let my dog out the bathroom door. I then went to put on my bathrobe. Bam,bam pause,bam,bam on my left wrist. I swatted the lil fucker. The bitch ass wasp got me 4 times.

All before coffee. That is a shit way to start the day.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
If they are nesting in the ground they are probably yellow jackets and not bees. All the ground nesting wasps are very aggressive. There may be a big nest underground. Find their nest at night and terminate with prejudice.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post