SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sad Anecdote About Chick-Fil-A
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sad Anecdote About Chick-Fil-A Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I'm truly afraid of what my kids will learn in school.

Same, dude. Same. We're in the same county as Seattle.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is the reason why we have decided to homeschool our children when they reach school age.

No brainwashing for my two boys!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
More yummy hate chicken for the rest of us, and presumably, smaller lines (which never happens. The lines are 15 deep)

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

This is the reason why we have decided to homeschool our children when they reach school age.

No brainwashing for my two boys!

We pulled our daughter out of public school when she entered Jr High. BEST. DECISION. EVER!
She is graduating a year early and is on track to join the Air Force and enroll in their medial program. She is to be a surgeon.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
the title of this should be changed to "Sad Anecdote about the state of today's youth"

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, that degree of ignorance is in no way limited to youngsters.
A few years ago the Chick-Fil-A location in Bellevue, WA was about to open and I mentioned to a coworker that I'd like to try the place out, as I'd never eaten there but had heard good things about them.

Her reply was something along the lines of, "Isn't that that racist company?"

I guess she'd heard the news story from someone who heard it from someone who heard it from ... etc. Kind of a game of Telephone, but where "supports traditional marriage" got turned into "hates gays" got turned into "hates non-whites" or some such.

I probably stammered a bit in confusion, but then straightened her out. Nevertheless, I kind of wondered about her listening comprehension skills afterward. This gal was about 30 years old at the time. Should've known better.

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 642 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

I would not raise a family here.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
My wife is a medical case manager for over 30 yrs. and back in the mid 90's one of her clients was Chick Fil A. One of their employee's was in the hospital that was HIV positive and not doing to well. She reached out to his Dr's and they recommended an experimental treatment plan that may help the patient but of course not covered by the insurance plan. She reached out to Chick Fil A HR and they refused to approve it because of the experimental nature.

That afternoon she received a call from the CEO of Chick Fil A wanting to know about this case and my wife's opinion on the treatment plan. She said it was worth a shot because of the results they were getting in the lab. He then told her that he was approving whatever it costs to have the procedure done. He overnighted a signed letter to that effect.

I think it costed Chick Fil A about 145K and when my wife check on the patient a year later he was doing well.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing cool story blueye. I'm going to pick me up some hate caring chicken for lunch today.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
That afternoon she received a call from the CEO of Chick Fil A wanting to know about this case and my wife's opinion on the treatment plan. She said it was worth a shot because of the results they were getting in the lab. He then told her that he was approving whatever it costs to have the procedure done. He overnighted a signed letter to that effect.

Truett Cathy was a hell of a good man and his son Dan fills his shoes well. I worked for CFA over a span of nearly nine years in high school and college and can't think of a single negative thing to say about the corporate culture.

Food service wasn't going to be my career, obviously, but I do often wonder where I would be right now if I had taken the track towards Owner/Operator that was offered to me back then.

Still love me some hate chicken! I just wish they hadn't cut the cole slaw.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

I would not raise a family here.

I don’t want to. Long story short, it’s a lot of things. Timing, job situation, house repairs, etc. Realistically, I’m going to be here at least another 2-3 years. I don’t want it to be any longer than that, he’ll have used up all his impressionable youth around some very confusing input from society. There's only so many times you can leave the playground for another one when your five year old runs up to you and says "Dad, that little boy says he's a girl" with a confused scowl on his face. "Hey kiddo, how about we go somewhere else without confused people?" A vigorous, emphatic nod was his reply.

On topic, the Chick-Fil-A that opened here a year and a half or so ago is still crazy busy at all meal hours that I've driven past it. I take note and wish them well in Whackyland, and they're doing well. I've met the franchise manager/owner and he's a friendly, solid and very polite fellow. I once witnessed him running a pair of large coffees out to the local PD guys running traffic enforcement on the main road parked in the lot adjacent to the store in moderate winds in the low 20's. I made a point to go through the drive through and get something and pass along a compliment to the lady at the window about it. I asked if the officers ordered coffee from across the parking lot and she bubbled "no, he just figured they could use the warmup." He was standing out there next to their Explorer in short shirt sleeves with his hands on his hips, tie flapping in the wind and snow like fucking Superman chatting up the boys in blue working their corner beat. Solid guy.

I've never had a bad experience at a Chick-Fil-A until a few months ago. The family wanted some breakfast chicken on a Saturday, so I bopped down there, came home, we opened it up and there were three sandwiches with (no joke) no chicken inside them. We all just looked at each other, and I bagged it all up and left without comment. Bopped back down to the store and that owner/manager was back in the kitchen, expediting and overseeing things. I made eye contact and he came up to the counter and asked what he could do for me. I opened up the sandwiches and I said "I didn't realize it until I got home, but there's a small problem here. Either you've got a confused and stressed trainee back there, or someone has a sick sense of humor, but you can see from the way the cheese melted that there was never any chicken on these." His face darkened and he turned around and walked back to the line and looked over the divider between the fryers and assembly areas and man, I dunno what he said to them, but I wouldn't have wanted to be on the other side of that divider and been the one that put that embarrassed, disappointed look on his face. He didn't scream, and they don't swear, and he lowered his voice so the customer couldn't hear, but it was brief and had the desired effect. I had my order remade fresh about a minute and a half later, tops. He had me take the mistaken order bag as well, joking "what am I gonna do with that?" He dropped two free sandwich cards on me for my inconvenience and turned a minor annoyance into a good situation. We still go.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post