SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sad Anecdote About Chick-Fil-A
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sad Anecdote About Chick-Fil-A Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I was at a church small group last night and somewhere in the discussion the topic of Chick-fil-A came up.

The woman hosting the small group is a manager at a local dairy retail store that sells her family's dairy farm products. The staff is mostly local teens.

She told us that one day someone dropped off Chick-fil-A at the store and she told her workers to go ahead and have some. One of the local teens it turns out is gay and made the following comment (with a totally straight face, not joking at all) when he began to eat:

"This is good stuff, too bad they want people like me dead."

WHAT? This woman pulled him aside and asked him if he really believed that and he said yes, he did think that. She set him straight that no, CFA does NOT want you or anyone else dead and he was totally off base there. She also said it just made her very sad to think that is what a lot people out there might be thinking about this company.

This just got me to thinking about the amount of brainwashing going on with young people in our schools and culture in general; if HE thinks that, how many others out there do and why? Confused

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Keep saying it over and over and to some uninformed people, it appears to be the truth.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Not in the least surprised. The commies are brainwashing the children since grade school.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rules for propaganda -- Number 1

repeat a lie enough times and it becomes the truth

----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How True! Brainwashing is an appropriate term. If one or a group of other students, peers, does question or ask questions opposite the presented view, they are berated, punished, banned, etc. This appears to be happening from the youngest age well into later in life at many employers, whether private sector or public sector. Start them young and you have them for life, though even the hardest regimes falter at some point.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I was at a church small group last night and somewhere in the discussion the topic of Chick-fil-A came up.

The woman hosting the small group is a manager at a local dairy retail store that sells her family's dairy farm products. The staff is mostly local teens.

She told us that one day someone dropped off Chick-fil-A at the store and she told her workers to go ahead and have some. One of the local teens it turns out is gay and made the following comment (with a totally straight face, not joking at all) when he began to eat:

"This is good stuff, too bad they want people like me dead."

WHAT? This woman pulled him aside and asked him if he really believed that and he said yes, he did think that. She set him straight that no, CFA does NOT want you or anyone else dead and he was totally off base there. She also said it just made her very sad to think that is what a lot people out there might be thinking about this company.

This just got me to thinking about the amount of brainwashing going on with young people in our schools and culture in general; if HE thinks that, how many others out there do and why? Confused

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is indicative of society as a whole now. Most people are sadly NPC's - non playable characters - failing to think for themselves nor giving due thought or consideration other than what they are being programmed for.

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
rules for propaganda -- Number 1

repeat a lie enough times and it becomes the truth

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

-Joeseph Goebbles, Propaganda Minister for the Third Reich

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
A sad testament. Chick Fil A should be held up as the example of good and moral corporate business, in addition to having a damn good chicken sandwich

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Teenagers are melodramatic, emotionally-driven, dipshits anyway. We'll see what they say when they grow up and realize nobody really gives two shits what you do with your plumbing.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The education system today is totally indoctrinating our youth not educating them and allowing them to think on their own.
Not surprising though even Beto was advocating to strip (only) those churches from tax-exempt for merely believing in the Bible and that homo-marriage is wrong.

On a side note I personally think that ALL churches and educational schools all should to a degree pay some taxes too but not to punish one because of a belief. Eek

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
We'll see what they say when they grow up...
My friend...you're assuming A LOT with that statement. Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
On a side note I personally think that ALL churches and educational schools all should to a degree pay some taxes too but not to punish one because of a belief. Eek

Have you ever asked yourself why our Founding Fathers chose to make church organizations tax exempt?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
in the grand scheme of things I'm less worried about churches being tax-exempt except if they decide to become politically active, then they should lose their status immediately

being tax exempt is a gift from the people, if you abuse that gift it should be one-strike and you're done so they need to figure out what they want to be - a church or any other commercial organization

but in most of these cases, you can point the rapid decline of the country squarely at the feet of the school system - from start to finish and particularly the institutes of higher indoctrination

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
in the grand scheme of things I'm less worried about churches being tax-exempt except if they decide to become politically active, then they should lose their status immediately

being tax exempt is a gift from the people, if you abuse that gift it should be one-strike and you're done so they need to figure out what they want to be - a church or any other commercial organization

but in most of these cases, you can point the rapid decline of the country squarely at the feet of the school system - from start to finish and particularly the institutes of higher indoctrination

The law states that churches are to be stripped of their tax exempt status if they become politically active. And, you are absolutely spot on with your observation about our nation's schools!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Agreed.

Preach politics from the pulpit and you are just like any other hack fake news organization, except you are raking in money tax free.

Of course it never happens, but one can dream...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
How did my thread turn into a discussion of churches paying taxes, FFS? Roll Eyes

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
It's not the education system but the media's deluge of support for anything LGBTQRSTUV or whatever. If you don't believe in everything they advocate you are a hater and should be boycotted, demonstrated against, etc., etc., etc. Those boycotts again CFA have really gone well, haven't they? *s*

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Keep saying it over and over and to some uninformed people, it appears to be the truth.

Soooo much easier to indoctrinate uneducated people....

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
"those people" are going nuts on Twitter right now. CFA is opening a restaurant in the UK, and they're getting the usual stupid lib treatment. This time it's how they're "openly homophobic" and "funding executions of gays in Uganda". Huh?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

Soooo much easier to indoctrinate uneducated people....

My daughter (age 30) is not unedcuated but I think she's been indoctrinated. Maybe it was public school here or Iowa State (class of 2012) or hanging out with liberals in KC MO where she works. A few years ago I mentioned how much Mrs Sigmund and I enjoy eating at Chik Fil A when our daughter burst out "THEY HATE GAYS." I calmly explained the real story, not sure if she believed me.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post