SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Dad wrote a book
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Dad wrote a book Login/Join 
On a Wing
and a Prayer
Picture of Pilken
posted
I didn't want to hijack 12131's KARMA post, so I just thought I'd post this in it's own thread.

Pops wrote this book about a battle in Nam.

https://www.amazon.com/No-Plac...ll-Sly/dp/1532003048

Thanks

-------------------------
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
- Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2624 | Location: FINALLY just outside of Chicagoland | Registered: April 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cool, great reviews too. I just grabbed a Kindle version. Tell your father thanks.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
I got a hard cover... a friend's Dad was an AF officer over there. This looks very factual,(I enlisted in 1970.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Ordered.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks to you for the tip and thanks to him that can't be expressed in words. I'll give it a read.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Books on Vietnam are always high on my reading list.

Thanks for the link, I'll be ordering tonight.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post