SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shaving Mug Soap - Ideas
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shaving Mug Soap - Ideas Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I've found it's really trial and error. I tried many and eventually settled on a cream soap.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I would rotate between Col. Conk Glycerin soap and some Country Uncle stuff that was half soap half glycerine. The last couple years life's been hectic and I've been lazy so my straight razors haven't seen much use.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Col. Conk Bay Rum or D.R. Harris Lavender.

The D.R. Harris lathers up faster.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I like Cella and Proraso White. Between those two I've never felt the need to try any of the expensive ones (even though I'm sure I'd like them.)

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://mikesnaturalsoaps.com/Shaving%20Bars.html

In vetiver if you can get it, but he is usually sold out of it.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Tabac. Lathers good in the hard water here, and I love the smell of it.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleAdobe:
Another vote for Tabac. Lathers good in the hard water here, and I love the smell of it.

I'll second Tabac, especially the smell. Though when my skin needs some help and especially in winter months I use Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap.

Meißner also puts out some incredible shaving soaps.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
https://www.truefittandhill.com/collections/shaving

I liked what I was looking at on that website, until I realized the razors use Gillette blades, the quality of which have taken a real nosedive the last few years. I still use them, only because I haven't been able to find anything better, and haven't had a decent shave since they moved production to Mexico.

As to the soap, I'll have to check out some of them next time I'm at a drug store. The last one I bought was many years ago, made by Colgate and nothing special.

I just use their creams. I shave with my father's old Shick injector. I have a few DEs and a straight razor. The old single blade injector is my favorite. And the blades last months.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I shave with my father's old Shick injector. The old single blade injector is my favorite. And the blades last months.

+ baziilion for injectors. Pal and Schick adjustable being my favs for decades!

Outdated pic but still....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I don't know how you guys do this every day.

I suppose that there is something somewhat romantic about lathering up a brush and scraping away the whiskers, but...nope. Not for me. Trimming the beard once a week is about all I'll tolerate.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pd15:
I use Col. Conk world famous bay rum in a puck or
Mr. Taylor’s shaving cream.

Definitely second this recomendation. Col. Conk makes a very reputable product. I use the bay-rum and the almond shaving pucks.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pd15:
I use Col. Conk world famous bay rum in a puck or
Mr. Taylor’s shaving cream.

Another vote for Col. Conk Products bay rum. I also like the almond.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
After trying several mug soaps I found Creamo shaving lotion and it's better than everything else imo.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post