SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Took my 4 year old to the Aquarium today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Took my 4 year old to the Aquarium today. Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
He watches Aquanauts, it's among the actually educational shows we curate for him. Sometimes though, he likes to make up facts:

"Right Whales are called that because they only go right."

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
They must be the NASCAR drivers of the ocean. Smile

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The Boston aquarium is one of the best. I hope he had a magical time. I always did as a kid.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Some of my greatest memories as a kid and as an adult and as an adult taking my kidsSmile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Did you get to pet rays? That's always a blast.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
He watches Aquanauts...

My kids loved that show. I think my favorite episode is either the snapping shrimp, or the Christmas special where the vegimals sing Jingle Bells.

My kids also still like to make stuff up, but these days it’s more like, “yeah, my room is clean”, or, “I never knew Legos couldn’t really fly!”

- Bret

Posts: 2464 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
“CREATURE REPORT”

Octonauts is the boys current favorite. Quite educational. We just found Tip The Mouse it has some great little lessons many that are concurrent with issues our oldest has at school.

Boston Aquarium is awesome granted it has probably been 25 years since I have been there but still remember it quite vividly.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its been a while did you get a pic?
is he married yet?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I love the NE aquarium. I haven't been in awhile though, I'll have to go back soon.

My favorite exhibit there doesn't have any fish in it. It's the shore/beach birds exhibit.

Posts: 6344 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
its been a while did you get a pic?
is he married yet?

He's 4, so he'll be driving soon, and who knows when he'll be married.

With Mama:

At a local fair we went to today:

quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
I love the NE aquarium. I haven't been in awhile though, I'll have to go back soon.

My favorite exhibit there doesn't have any fish in it. It's the shore/beach birds exhibit.

That exhibit is still there, and does have fish in it, as well as some crustaceans, just "off shore."

We also went to see the USS Constitution, which was actually closed for a memorial service. Had we known we wouldn't have walked there. The museum and Cassin Young were still good though.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

It's big, but to think it was crewed with about 450 guys, it's small. I haven't been on it in years, but I remember thinking how tiny people must have been, and I wasn't even an adult at that point.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post