SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Honda Accord or ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Honda Accord or ? Login/Join 
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I’m going to take a look at Subaru as well. I wouldn’t mind AWD for my wife in the winter since she leaves for work at 5:30 AM. Still leaning towards Accord or even Civic but need to get out and look at them all

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
Mazda is made by ford

Not the newest generation stuff. The last Ford/Mazda products were the 2015 Mazda5 and 2015 CX-9.

Starting with the 2012 CX-5, it's all Mazda, all the time, and it shows. While I love my '07 CX-7 from a driving dynamic standpoint, it's nothing compared to my '16 Mazda6 and '16 CX-9. It's hard to fathom that they were produced by the same company.

Mazda has been working overtime to rid itself of the Ford association. I think that when you sit in the driver's seat, they have been pretty successful. Much more like Mazdas of old, before the heavy Ford influence of the mid-'00's.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
quote:
Here's a 2016 Touring with under 10k mile and it's $7000 cheaper than a new one...

It's not really fair to compare full retail for a new car to PPBV on a used car. I paid $30,400, before TTL, for my new 2017 Accord Touring in February of this year. Dealer was 20 miles from where I live. I am sure there are better deals to be had on the 2017's that are still out there. Now if you could find that 2016 touring with 10,000 miles and it was priced around $24,000 that would be an unbelievable deal, and I might actually travel to Maryland to buy it.

How about CPO for $4500 less than what you paid, before you start negotiating since they've had ti for over 70 days...

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/...ue#listing=183592687

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about CPO for $4500 less than what you paid, before you start negotiating since they've had ti for over 70 days...

That's not bad at all, even if it is maroon Big Grin Personally I wouldn't travel that far to get a car. 1000 + miles for me. Too much risk, for me, to trust an unknown dealer to not pull some fuckery when I got there. I am guessing you can get a new 2017 touring for 29ish now maybe even less if you can negotiate. If you could actually get that 2016 for that price or less, that is a very good deal, nice find.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Toyota Camry is bulletproof in my opinion, our 2010 is still going strong, with only oil changes, and brake job.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
quote:
Mazda is made by ford

Not the newest generation stuff. The last Ford/Mazda products were the 2015 Mazda5 and 2015 CX-9.

Starting with the 2012 CX-5, it's all Mazda, all the time, and it shows. While I love my '07 CX-7 from a driving dynamic standpoint, it's nothing compared to my '16 Mazda6 and '16 CX-9. It's hard to fathom that they were produced by the same company.

Mazda has been working overtime to rid itself of the Ford association. I think that when you sit in the driver's seat, they have been pretty successful. Much more like Mazdas of old, before the heavy Ford influence of the mid-'00's.

I had heard different
So, they are done with the pickups as well?
Thx for clarifying

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned 8 accords since 2000, and while the most recent version (2013-2017) was a very good 4c car (Sport model), I have had a fair share of problems, and do not consider the car as good as it used to be. The engines have had problems - the V6 back in the early 2000's with the transmission, the 2007-2009 4c engines were known to be old consumers (my wife drove a 2008, and I had a 2009 for only a year). Both cars had oil issues, and my 2009 was ultimately replaced by the factory with a 2010 model as a result of feeding to oil like it was gas (approximately 1 qt per fill-up).

My 2013 was really solid, but at 80,000 is decided that it was going to start sucking down oil. I put in another quart about every 2,500 miles now. Of course, Honda says that "it is within acceptable guidelines", I call bullshit. We dumped my wife's 2008 and got a Subaru Impreza. So far, so good, but it only has 5,000 miles, so it is still a little early to tell.

MY 2013 Sport is still averaging over 32 MPG for it's life (93,500), but again it is not burning oil at a heightened rate too.

If you are looking at new, find a 2017 V6 and buy it, or lease it. It is the last of it's kind, a solid engine, good body with very good mileage and a rock solid transmission to boot. The 2018's were just released, and the 2.0 Turbo is supposed to be fun, but with a higher price tag than the old 2017 V6.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Mazda6. The few I've driven are much more driver engaging than the Camry/Accord. The Mazda 6MT is great as well.

Slightly smaller, but the Mazda3 can be had with the same 2.5 I4 from the Mazda6 with a 6MT & is a quick little car.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15317 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
quote:
Mazda is made by ford

I had heard different
So, they are done with the pickups as well?
Thx for clarifying

They are likely not going to produce another pickup, no. Never say never though...

They are concentrating on their core, which is design and driving dynamics.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Accord vote here. My 2004 with 105K miles drives like new and has been relatively problem free.

Posts: 701 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
How does the Accord do in the snow? I know it’s FWD but I’ve had some do well, others not so much.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
How does the Accord do in the snow? I know it’s FWD but I’ve had some do well, others not so much.

You need to have the right tires for winter driving. I ran blizzaks on my 08 Accord for 7 winters and it did great. Pretty much gas or brake at will. I will be putting blizzaks on my 17 here in the next week. I am more worried about my 08 rims fitting on my 17 Smile

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post