posted Hide Post
For what?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I have used cbd oil for a couple years and I give it to my dogs for the same reason I use it - pain relief. Arthritis in my 17 yr old red dog and chronic sore back in the 4 yr old pekingese. I buy from Lazarus Natural. Not touting, just telling what I do.

https://www.lazarusnaturals.co...ncture-full-spectrum

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One True IcePick
Picture of eyrich
posted Hide Post
I give it to our girls on firework nights.
also when they are displaying signs of anxiety.

Posts: 859 | Location: IL | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I use it for fireworks relief too, really helps with my girls.
The chihuahua doesn’t need it but the other two get a dose.
Start with a low dose you can give another drop or two as needed
I put a few drops on a biscuit
For pain I used a different formula for my 17 year old girl lucee until she went to the bridge.
My local shop was a big help deciding what they needed.
I’m using fairwinds companion just because that’s what they had, I have no idea if there’s something better, but this worked.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I use it for one of my older Greyhounds, at 12 she was slowing down. Member downtownv hooked me up with some and she gets around much easier since she started on it.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our dog randomly got a bad licking granuloma about 4 years ago, after 2 years of trying everything the vet recommended, a new vet recommended CBD oil twice a day. Within 2 weeks it was completely healed.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Tried it to help my dog not get into fights at doggy daycare, but it didn't help.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
For fireworks and thunderstorms, for our little girl.

She's a toy poodle bichon mix, we think.

Our foster failure Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
All four of our dogs get CBD. Our 17 year old Norfolk Terrier takes it for his dementia for which he suffers from Sundowner's Syndrom. Help keeps him calm. We buy ours from Nuleaf

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I use it for one of my dogs who gets really anxious at bath and grooming time. Does it work? Not sure. I ask but he refuses to answer.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Read up on the endocannabinoid system. Dogs cats and horses have 2 times the receptors as people.
It is very safe and very effective. People nor animals can NOT OD on CBD. I carry a line that was rated #1 developed by holistic Veterinarians who strongly are opposed to Pharma for animals short of antibiotics. Beware the one size fits all brands, quality CBD for Pets are for specific ailments and do NOT use People CBD on your pets
Check it out under the Pets Tab.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I had very good results with my older dog (11 years old when we started it, he was a Weim/Coonhound Mix). His joints were the issue, 2 weeks after starting the CBD treats, he was much more active and you could tell he could get up much easier.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a small vial for my dog Zhora, who is 12 and moving very slowly. And who loses her mind with the almost daily thunderstorms. I hope it helps. Thanks for the recommendation to try CBD oil.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Interesting thread. I don't have a dog right now (I belong to a cat atm) but I've been friends w/ a few dogs that maybe could have been helped in the past.
And just to reiterate what "downtownv" posted for those who skim threads quickly to get through them all, like I sometimes do,
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Beware the one size fits all brands, quality CBD for Pets are for specific ailments and do NOT use People CBD on your pets
Check it out under the Pets Tab.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
Our dog has responded very well with inflammation on her front "elbow". I continue with a maintenance dose. Very good results. Read a LOT. Many, many various opinions on this subject.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
@djinco (Doug in Colorado); a few questions since I've never been in one of the many shops here in Colorado:
    Is there a record of you purchases here?, don't need anyone tracking CBD that's for my 13yr old Lab i.e. don't know if they connect to my ability to CCW

Any recommendations you can suggest would be appreciated; I'm over by DIA

Feel free to contact me plz via my profile email if you're able to help out or suggest places.

I'm totally green on this subject though I can tell my girl dog is hurting... she's much whiter now around the muzzle but man do we love her.

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 223 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I use it for one of my older Greyhounds, at 12 she was slowing down. Member downtownv hooked me up with some and she gets around much easier since she started on it.

How is it given?

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

How is it given?

By Dropper between the cheek and teeth along the gum line.

Mark, SO happy to hear the pup's improvement!

I carry the #1 rated pet CBD drug-free and a lot cheaper than a visit to the vet.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had heard of glucosamine supplements for aging and pain for fur children. Had not seen CBD for dogs though. Makes sense, but from what I understood was with the oils it takes time for effects not like a pill. Maybe I was misinformed. If dogs have more receptors that would make sense. Will have to check out more info now.

Following this

Posts: 105 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post