SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    United Gives Sheila Jackson Lee Passenger's Seat, Claims She Cancelled Her Reservation
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

United Gives Sheila Jackson Lee Passenger's Seat, Claims She Cancelled Her Reservation Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted
I'm betting that somebody at United apparently deferred to Queen Sheila's exalted status and made it look like the original passenger cancelled her own reservation on her mobile app to slide Sheila onto the plane and into Seat 1A in first class.

Oh, and Sheila played the race card. What a shock.

http://m.chron.com/news/politi...-to-Rep-12452258.php

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Black privilege. Big Grin

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I'm shocked I tell you, shocked! Roll Eyes

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I wonder if she got seafood. Her quote from an a previous flight: “Don't you know who I am? I'm Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. Where is my seafood meal? I know it was ordered.”

"Lee’s diva antics are a familiar sight to Washington insiders. At one point, Congresswoman Lee would require staffers to book three different first-class flights at a time each week, and she would choose which one she wanted to actually use at the last minute. Continental Airlines eventually got fed up and reportedly sent her the flight schedule of a competing airline. That was not until after Sheila Jackson Lee yelled at a flight attendant because a seafood meal she had ordered was not on the menu."

https://www.inquisitr.com/1170...on-is-400-years-old/

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
A $500 voucher would NOT have done it for me after seeing folks get $1000 cash.

Fuck a voucher as I would never fly their airline ever again.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Whites getting moved to the back of the plane...

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another SWAMP TURD that needs to go.......
Why is anyone surprised with these "entitled, racist, loud mouths"?
Texas can and must do better electing these POS's!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:

Unlikely her district will elect anyone else...

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:

In her district, unfortunately, she is the cream of the crop. Sad.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Here's my run in with her district.

About 20 years ago, you know, when we used paper maps and newspapers you could hold, I was living in Spring, TX, with the ex. We were both working in downtown Houston and we both wanted an apartment to use. Anyway, long story short I was driving through Sheila's 'ward' with a map and a newspaper looking for apartments when I got pulled over for driving suspiciously slow in a high crime area. The first cop that approached, realized what I was doing and grabbed the map and started to 'X' out several neighborhoods and streets, and circled some places I might like better. The second PO came to the conclusion that more 'Xs' needed to be added, and by the time they were done, almost all of Sheila's turf was covered in 'Xs'.

Nothing has changed.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Nothing new here. UAL has a long history of screwing its customers/passengers.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

If true, the ploy of a false passenger electronic cancellation might be new.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
In her district, unfortunately, she is the cream of the crop. Sad.

Well....cream does float to the top....by coincidence, as in this case, so does shit.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:

Kinda' like a serial rapist trying a new lube.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
SheJac represents a set aside district thanks to the Voting Rights Act.
Her district is gerrymandered so that only a black representative can win.

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
In my experience, one cannot simply cancel or change his flight online once he or she is checked in. You have to call. She was on the last leg of her trip so I'm inclined to believe the passenger here.

Anyway, someone canceling her flight in the middle of her trip home makes no sense to me. A crap airline with crappy customer service giving special treatment to ghetto royalty trash somehow does make perfect sense to me.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
It was seat "1A" which would appeal to to majesty. Only the best.

United is lying. It is what they do.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
From the linked article:

CEO, Oscar Munoz, has promised a "culture shift toward becoming a better, more customer-focused airline."
Evidently the CEO's "promise" has not filtered down the food chain, to the employees who actually interact with passengers.

I am really thankful that I am no longer working in a job that requires me to travel. I used to use the V-Tail for most business travel, but there were the occasional trips to the west coast that were just not practical at 200 mph from Florida.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Rosa Sharks

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:

I would estimate that if such had happened, there would be electronic record of it.

Having said that, nothing UAL can say today that I will believe.

When I needed to cut my trip to Idaho a few days short, I ended up buying another ticket after all the BS UAL pulled with trying to reschedule my flight. $400 bucks for the original round trip ticket. Then, another $400 to "reschedule" the return.

Do not GAS about UAL. Should I have to fly to Idaho again, it will definitely NOT be with UAL, even if I have to go via Mexico City.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post