SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Outlook Send To Mail recipient stopped working.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outlook Send To Mail recipient stopped working. Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
For the longest time I've been able to use the right click, send to, message option in windows to send a file in an outlook message without having to start a "New Email" in outlook.

Now in order to send a file from the drive I have to open a new email message from within Outlook 2010 and then copy the file into that message. It's not difficult but it's a change from a process that should work and that is simple to use.

Now that's changed and it's kind of odd because it's only doing it from saved files on a drive which is where 95% of the send to is done from, and has worked fine for several years.

Heres whats odd, the last time this happened I was on Win XP and it started right after MS announced they were not supporting XP, this time it's on Win7 Pro and started right after MS announced Win7 support is ending. Starting to thing MSFT puts bugs into the updates after support is stopped to push you into buying the next op system, I may need tin foil antennas...

Now here's the kicker, I can still select the email icon in Word, Excel etc and it will pop up a message with that file in the message, but if I select the file from a folder it won't. But it used to....

There seems to be several people that have this issue, but I can't get rid of it, and it was working fine up to a couple of weeks ago (for several years) I've deleted the mapi.dll file and run the fix program as FixMAPI.exe, it worked for a day then poof back to the same.

In the past and in some peoples systems the connect to mapi feature that allows you to send using the email function in the office applications will fail at the same time cutting off that feature as well.

For now it's working half way...

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
No help here. I've always created a new message in Outlook by using the "New Email" icon. I type and/or paste into it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
{snip} from the Internet (easier and writing it all out).

Ok, try this:

In windows explorer, in the address bar at the top type:

shell:sendto

You'll be taken here:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

Delete the mail recipient icon

create a new text file (show the file extension) and call it "Mail Recipient.MAPIMail" (It shouldn't have .txt at the end) once the file is created it should go back to the Envelope Icon

Open the file (with Notepad)

and type into the file:

Mail

Save the file

See if the right click send to Mail Recipient works

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that file is already there and it appears in the right click drop down menu, it just doesn't work...

Update, now it's working, apparently it had to reset, in fact the Mail Recipient stopped showing as an option and now it's back..

Its the upgrade demons that MSFT installs...

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its the upgrade demons that MSFT installs...

It's those commie Russian Apple Bots.

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Built in hacks by update programmers to make your system run slower, bugs implanted to cause issues, just to drive you to update the system...

It reared it's head after the last MSFT Update....

Bastages...

posted Hide Post
Why do people continue to use Microsoft when Linux is available ? I could understand for accounts and billing if necessary , but Microsoft updates break things and Windows 10 is pure Spyware . The Windows 10 EULA clearly states that Microsoft has access to your computer at any time and you only LEASE the operating system . Linux is FREE and has thousands of FREE programs that do what YOU want . You can do your updates AND use your computer at the same time . None of the " do not touch bullcrap " Do yourself a favour and download a Linux OS and try it as a LIVE OS to see if it will do what you want
Best .

Posts: 132 | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jman78
posted Hide Post
I ran in to a similar situation where outlook refused to be useful in any way. Can’t attach or send an email. Worked fine from my phone. But, the computer would just annoy the he’ll out of me. It was Firefox that caused my issues. To many tabs and Fire Fox was sucking up memory like demon raps suck up freedom. After a reset of Firefox and clearing the cookies and other data, out look works but i still have to reset Firefox once I a while.

Posts: 178 | Location: St. Petersburg FLorida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bernborough2000:
Why do people continue to use Microsoft when Linux is available ? I could understand for accounts and billing if necessary , but Microsoft updates break things and Windows 10 is pure Spyware . The Windows 10 EULA clearly states that Microsoft has access to your computer at any time and you only LEASE the operating system . Linux is FREE and has thousands of FREE programs that do what YOU want . You can do your updates AND use your computer at the same time . None of the " do not touch bullcrap " Do yourself a favour and download a Linux OS and try it as a LIVE OS to see if it will do what you want
Best .
Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
replace the mouse.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post