SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Central Floridians: Eustis GC or CFRPC?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Central Floridians: Eustis GC or CFRPC? Login/Join 
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted
Looking to join a range near Orlando. Eustis and Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club are the two closest. Not really interested in driving more than 30 minutes to shoot, so Titusville, Seminole, and Chuluota are out.

Eustis would be a nicer drive for me, but CFRPC is about the same distance.

How do they feel about (controlled) rapid fire, double taps, holster draws, etc?

Do either of them allow children to shoot with a parent? This might be the deciding factor either way.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
You have mail.

I am a member of Eustis Gun Club, as are a bunch of other forum members: ArtieS, Paragon, BigRedFish, MPG, BrunoG, ... off the top of my head. I probably forgot some.

If you'd like to check it out, I can bring you in as a guest and you can shoot there.

Basically, everything you mentioned (rapid fire, double taps, holster draws, etc?) is allowed subject to rules (my wording): Don't hurt anybody. Don't do anything stupid or dangerous.

You can check the range rules on their website.

Email me if you have any questions.

ETA: Re children, yes. No problem. As a matter of fact, membership is $200.00 / year for the primary member. Spouse is free. Dependent children under the age of 18 who reside in your household are free. That's all the range time you want, 364 days / year. Closed on Christmas day. Open on all other days.

Membership year begins July 1. If you join now, I believe that the cost is pro-rated on a monthly basis, so it's probably about half right now.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy to host you as well. I don't use it much, because I can shoot in my back yard, but it's a nice club, very reasonable price, and kid friendly.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I'll be in touch.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
where do you live? There is a lot to do out there. there are two dedicated handgun bays shotgun, 25 50 100 and 300 meter ranges and 10 action bays and archery & knife throwing. A picnic pavillion. Multilpe rifle hand gun and shotgun competitions. My wife runs the annual Ladies Day event for 400 women. We live 45 miles away but feel it's well worth the trip. It would depend on where you live. We have been doing matches since 2010 and joined in 2014.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
Looking to join a range near Orlando. Eustis and Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club are the two closest. Not really interested in driving more than 30 minutes to shoot, so Titusville, Seminole, and Chuluota are out.

Eustis would be a nicer drive for me, but CFRPC is about the same distance.

How do they feel about (controlled) rapid fire, double taps, holster draws, etc?

Do either of them allow children to shoot with a parent? This might be the deciding factor either way.

Rapid fire is ok. Double taps are ok as long you are not hitting steel targets. Drawing from a holster is ok under certain circumstances. Children are aloud to shoot while supervised py a parent. We have several youth shooting teams that compete on the national level.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post