SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple I Watch 3
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple I Watch 3 Login/Join 
posted
Santa Brought Me One First Smart Watch Not Sure What To Make Of It Any One Have One❓How Do You Like It Thanks

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I like my Apple Watch (no "i" in the name). It pairs with my iPhone (there's the "i") and lets me do the following (in no particular order of preference):

* Take calls without using my iPhone
* Taps me on the wrist when I'm driving and a turn is coming up (works with the Maps app).
* Shows me current weather conditions
* Irritates me by reminding me to stand, move, breathe and stay active
* Can play music from my playlists (I don't use this much)
* Gives me news alerts
* Gives me email alerts
* Keeps me updated on my favorite teams' scores (really useful when I'm in a meeting and to use my phone would be impolite)
* Receive (and send) text messages
* Use boarding passes without having to open my phone

Oh, there are other things, too. To me, the bottom line is in what Apple calls "glances." You get a tap and glance at your phone. No need to stare, and the only response usually is to dismiss the glance (which goes away automatically, anyway). In short, I really like mine, but I don't think it should do more than it does, which is what I hear a lot of people say.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I like mine. I started a thread when mine dialed 911 on its own when I was cardioverted at OSU Wexner Medical Center.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Assuming you have an iPhone, it’s the bestest coolest thing since the iPad.

If you don’t have an iPhone it is pretty much just a watch.

I have series 2 and love it. The upgrades for the 3 aren’t something I need.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I have the Apple Watch series 2 and love it! I put it on in July 2016 and have worn it everyday since.

I love it mainly because I don't have to grab my phone all the time. I get an email and a quick glance let's me know if I need to reply or not. Messages are the same way. I love the fitness piece. It's a pretty handy device, at least for me!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My Christmas watch was the Watch 2. I am just beginning to discover the capabilities.

Both my adult kids and their spouses have the same watch and rave about the capabilities.

What next?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
My wife got me one too. However, I much prefer a nice watch. This is $300 flushed down a toilet in a few years as is all tech. It doesn't do enough for me to justify the cost. If it "just" made phone calls without a cell phone tether then I would be on board. However, a nice watch kept in good condition will hold its value or at least not lose as much an an Apple Watch. I plan on ditching my cell phone when my current one dies, iPhone 6. Its nice to have, but I am sick and tired of being constantly connected. I'd much rather like my piece and quiet. Just my $0.02.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3627 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
My wife chewed my ass for an hour when I got her one. She loves it now. Very handy to use on the run, phone battery lasts longer.

Dictation is a great way to use one.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
My wife chewed my ass for an hour when I got her one. She loves it now.
Ah, there's just one of the special parts of being married! Razz

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I like my Apple Watch (no "i" in the name). It pairs with my iPhone (there's the "i") and lets me do the following (in no particular order of preference):

* Take calls without using my iPhone
* Taps me on the wrist when I'm driving and a turn is coming up (works with the Maps app).
* Shows me current weather conditions
* Irritates me by reminding me to stand, move, breathe and stay active
* Can play music from my playlists (I don't use this much)
* Gives me news alerts
* Gives me email alerts
* Keeps me updated on my favorite teams' scores (really useful when I'm in a meeting and to use my phone would be impolite)
* Receive (and send) text messages
* Use boarding passes without having to open my phone

Oh, there are other things, too. To me, the bottom line is in what Apple calls "glances." You get a tap and glance at your phone. No need to stare, and the only response usually is to dismiss the glance (which goes away automatically, anyway). In short, I really like mine, but I don't think it should do more than it does, which is what I hear a lot of people say.

Also:
Pay for stuff by holding out your wrist to the cash register.
Unlocks my desktop and laptop computers automatically when I sit down at my desk.
Acts as a remote control for my
Apple TV
Sonos music system
Thermostats
Lights and outlets
Monitors my sleep with an app
Allows emergency 911 calls with press of one button (could be good for replacing those "I have fallen and can't get up" pendants or in certain robbery, mugging, active shooter etc situations where you can access your watch discreetly but not a phone.)

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post