SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gender Reveal Sparks Arizona Wildfire
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gender Reveal Sparks Arizona Wildfire Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
Oops.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! It's a Moron!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Is the mom a redhead?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You Tube has also spawned ever more elaborate and ridiculous "gender reveal" events. What happened to telling people using actual words? Very effective, free, and generally safe.

Besides, I thought we were supposed to leave the kid gender neutral until they decided for themselves.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Idiocy. And when is a "gender reveal" cause for some kind of a party? You have having a kid, big deal! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Any more it's important that everyone knows what one of 57 different "genders" you've chosen for the kid....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at me, look at me, look at me!
How many "likes" did you get on that one dumbass.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Any more it's important that everyone knows what one of 57 different "genders" you've chosen for the kid....

flashguy

I'm gonna guess- flaming...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://telegraph1.net/index.p...illion-arizona-fire/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
People have to cut the stupid shit. This is idiotic. Forget about the wildfire. Just get the fuck over yourself.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've actually been on quite a few wildfires started by target shooting, tracers, and tannerite. And a few that were "gender reveals." In fact, I worked the sawmill fire.

I got home briefly this summer (from a fire), and loaded up to go shoot in the desert. As I approached my regular shooting haunt, I ran into a wildfire truck, and stopped to talk to the driver. New burn ban, in effect, no shooting.

No problem. I turned around and drove to an indoor range. Problem solved.

Not sure why the firestarting LEO in the "gender reveal" couldn't just hand out cigars and say "it's a boy," like everyone else.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This is why the feds think the public is too foolish to be free

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
...What happened to telling people using actual words? Very effective, free, and generally safe.

"You have a collect call from Bob Weoddababyeetsaboy"

Big Grin

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
This is why the feds think the public is too foolish to be free
And ironically, it was a Fed that started it.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
He caused $8M in damages yet only agreed to pay $220K in restitution?

Me thinks the private lawsuits are lining up....

Posts: 9039 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
People have to cut the stupid shit. This is idiotic. Forget about the wildfire. Just get the fuck over yourself.

+100000000 Roger that

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only dumb but so damn careless. Seems pretty obvious that you're going to need some fire containment in that situation. It's not like they did it on gravel or dirt or with any common sense. Fucking morons. Reminds me of the idiot that started the Hayman fire in CO. Preventable stupidity.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
What happened to handing out blue or pink bubblegum cigars?

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Surprised that there has not been a "The Simpsons" episode made yet of this. This has all the makings of a Homer trick.

On a serious note when I was a firefighter out west it was amazing how much common sense in regard to fires was uncommon. The college in town used to host a fireworks display on the 4th of July. Once the official one was over the unofficial one started. We would run three trucks with back to back runs and toss extra extinguishers in the ambulances, a all hands on deck night for three or four hours afterwards.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
People are going to do stupid things, I get that. I can even believe the careless, negligent, and thoughtless actions that seem to define so many.

I guess I've become used it. I know I've done some stupid stuff in my time.

The thing that puzzles me most is the narcissistic factor that social media seems to have bred into the stupidity.

I hope the father has to explain why the son has to work his way through college with this conversation:

"Dad, why don't I have a college fund?"

"Well son, I did a gender reveal and started a wildfire that caused 7 million dollars in damage and burned thousands of acres. So I had to pay $220K in damages."

"Great idea you fucking idiot."

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post