SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has anyone shot at the Palm Beach Shooting Sports Complex yet?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone shot at the Palm Beach Shooting Sports Complex yet? Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
I understand that this range just opened recently. Have any of our Florida guys been there yet? Any comments on your experience?

Thanks,
Mike

https://myfwc.com/hunting/safe...g-ranges/palm-beach/

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in Pompano Beach. But no, given the restrictions, make an appointment, 50% capacity, 1 shooter per lane (most important one to me), I'll wait until it's fully open to try it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking the same thing.
It is about equidistant to Markham Park.
I may give it a try anyway. I have 2 rifles to check zero on before election day.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
I may give it a try anyway. I have 2 rifles to check zero on before election day.

I feel for you. I HATE Markhams rifle range......hot 10 minutes, cold ten minutes, wait, 1 range officer per 5 people......no targets of people or animals including silhouettes.........I LOVE Markhams trap range though. Report back if you go.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Will do.

quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

I feel for you. I HATE Markhams rifle range......hot 10 minutes, cold ten minutes, wait, 1 range officer per 5 people......no targets of people or animals including silhouettes.........I LOVE Markhams trap range though. Report back if you go.

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I tried to go there last summer but it was not open yet though they promised on their web site it would be fully open within a month If they are still not fully open they have some unmentioned problems.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Hey Jimmy, I have a reservation for Monday at 3:00 pm. I will let you know about the experience.

quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

posted Hide Post
I like Okeechobee Shooting Sports.

I rented an entire bay for my group, including a highly competent instructor to teach the new shooters.

Friendly staff, great pro-shop and gun smithing!

Not run by civil servants...

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I go up there from time to time. Too long of a drive. The people are nice. I find it odd that there are tip jars at the rifle and pistol ranges!

quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
I like Okeechobee Shooting Sports.

I rented an entire bay for my group, including a highly competent instructor to teach the new shooters.

Friendly staff, great pro-shop and gun smithing!

Not run by civil servants...

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Wonderful experience to day at https://myfwc.com/hunting/safe...g-ranges/palm-beach/

The range was super clean and the RO's were great and helpful. It is laid out nicely, so everyone is not crammed into one space. My only complaint was the 25 mph winds.

I have found a new rifle range. No need to go back to Markham Park.