SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am at a loss for words.

McCabe lied multiple times about leaking.

Trump related people get crucified and trapped by FBI/DoJ but FBI people lie and walk.

Andrew McCabe: “As glad as I am that the DoJ and the DC attorney’s office finally decided to do the right thing today, it’s an absolute disgrace that they took 2 years and put my family through this experience for two years before they finally drew the obvious conclusion."

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appears the swamp is alive and well!!!

Posts: 1101 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Getting really difficult to stay positive. Really need to see some swamp dwellers go to jail.

Posts: 1198 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
NY Times today:

“WASHINGTON — Attorney General William P. Barr has assigned an outside prosecutor to scrutinize the criminal case against President Trump’s former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn, according to people familiar with the matter.

The review is highly unusual and could trigger more accusations of political interference by top Justice Department officials into the work of career prosecutors.

Mr. Barr has also installed a handful of outside prosecutors to broadly review the handling of other politically sensitive national-security cases in the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington, the people said. The team includes at least one prosecutor from the office of the United States attorney in St. Louis, Jeff Jensen, who is handling the Flynn matter, as well as prosecutors from the office of the deputy attorney general, Jeffrey A. Rosen.

Over the past two weeks, the outside prosecutors have begun grilling line prosecutors in the Washington office about various cases — some public, some not — including investigative steps, prosecutorial actions and why they took them, according to the people. They spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive internal deliberations.”

NY Times spins it as “top DOJ officials” (read: political appointees) interfering with “career prosecutors’ decisions.

Not sure how the McCabe decision today figures in as Jessie Liu did recommend prosecution. Or why Flynn’s case is being re-examined, but not Stone’s (as far aw we know).

But given that a federal prosecutor in PIttsburgh is supposedly looking through the Ukraine material, including Rudy’s, one suspects Barr doesn’t trust many people at the DOJ (and with good reason).

????? what is going on ?

are all these events related ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0...rosecutors-barr.html

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
But given that a federal prosecutor in PIttsburgh is supposedly looking through the Ukraine material, including Rudy’s, one suspects Barr doesn’t trust many people at the DOJ (and with good reason).

????? what is going on ?

Barr knows there are lots of people in the DOJ swamp with no loyalty to Trump. They attempted a coup after all.
But the difference between Barr and Sessions is night and day. Barr is able and willing to fight. Sessions was just there to go along and get along.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smug bastard. If he wants to talk about injustice he should look at Roger Stone or Carter Page.

Andrew McCabe: ‘Absolute Disgrace’ DOJ Investigated Me for Two Years

https://www.breitbart.com/clip...ed-me-for-two-years/

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe said Friday on CNN that while he was grateful the Department of Justice is dropping its investigation into him, it is an “absolute disgrace” it took two years.

McCabe said, “You know, it was traumatic to leave the FBI, certainly in the way that I did. And that’s been tough to live with. And this, the added insult and suspicion that comes with being under criminal investigation, just made the entire experience a million times worse. And I have to say that as glad as I am that the Justice Department and the DC attorney’s office finally decided to do the right thing today it’s an absolute disgrace that they took two years and put my family through this experience for two years before they finally drew the obvious conclusion and one they could have drawn a long, long time ago.”

He continued, “Like all Americans, I’ve been greatly concerned by what I’ve seen take place in the White House and in the Department of Justice, quite frankly in the last week and certainly the president’s kind of revenge tirade following his acquittal in the impeachment proceeding has only amplified my concerns about what would happen in my own case. I’ve said from the very first day, from the very first day that we were notified by the Department of Justice, that news of what should have been a confidential investigation was leaked to the public. That if they followed the law and they followed the facts that I would have nothing to worry about. But as the president’s interest in pursuing his perceived political enemies continued over the last two years, we were getting more and more concerned about where this would end up because quite frankly we are seeing things happen every day in this country that many of us never ever thought we would see here. The pursuit of political enemies and use of the criminal justice system and criminal investigations to exact some sort of political revenge on those enemies is something that should not be happening in the United States of America. ”

He added, “I really am looking forward to celebrating with my family and friends. It’s been so unbelievably tense, and just such an incredible pressure on all of us, and we’re all very, very happy. I’m just so glad my kids don’t have to live with this anymore. And then beyond that, you know, I am enjoying finally having the opportunity to speak publicly about things that I believe deeply in, about concerns that we all have about our country and the way things are going. And I look forward to continuing doing that work and trying to add to the conversation in the most productive ways that I can.”

Posts: 12576 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
It's almost as if they are absolutely certain none of them will pay a price for their treason. This is infuriating

Lisa Page celebrates Andy McCabe

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I tried to remain positive too but it seems all we did was set ourselves up for another, in a long line of, disappointments. We have to ask ourselves whether it's realistic to expect the government to clean up the government.

The President can't do it alone. And the people in government are not going to voluntarily submit themselves to any form of real accountability within the government.

Attempting to vote this problem away is never going to be successful. We can vote in the next 500 elections and not accomplish a damn thing.

The only thing that we, as citizens, can do is starve the government of money in protest but that's a fantasy that the government made impossible a long time ago.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
It's almost as if they are absolutely certain none of them will pay a price for their treason. This is infuriating

Lisa Page celebrates Andy McCabe

Well, at least she's getting eviscerated in the comments section. That's about the only "justice" we're ever going to get.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I'm neither shocked or surprised McCabe is not going to face charges. Nobody involved in this will. I came to this truth some time ago. I quit reading all the blogs that said justice is coming to these rats any day now. I quit hanging on every word Sundance, Bongino, DiGenova or any of the rest of them said or wrote. Hell somebody reported last week they expected Stozk was going to be arrested either this past Monday or Tuesday. Roll Eyes

I stopped waiting breathlessly for the next report to be released. Durham report will most likely fall flat and hopefully will be the last false hope being extended to the people that actual justice will be administered or even exists for that matter.

There is a two tier justice system and that has been going on for longer than we realize and it's not going to change. Not even Trump can change that on his own.

Defeatist? Maybe but it's the reality of truth.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Defeatist? Maybe but it's the reality of truth.

Not at all. We need to acknowledge the obvious.

Everyone should refuse to serve on jury duty out of protest. We should bring the judicial system to a halt to whatever extent we're able. We shouldn't participate or do anything to legitimize a system that is corrupt and does not apply equally or consistently.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
So, I guess we should just refuse to obey legal and lawful orders. Like being summoned to serve on juries. Yeah, that will show them!

Contempt of court charges will look nice on your/our record. Not to mention other issues.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
So, I guess we should just refuse to obey legal and lawful orders. Like being summoned to serve on juries. Yeah, that will show them!

Contempt of court charges will look nice on your/our record. Not to mention other issues.

So, I guess you're plan is to just roll over and play dead. No matter what they do or how bad it gets, just submit. Roll Eyes

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Love how Federal Agents get nothing for "lack of candor" but regular civie gets prison for "lying".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Was it Thomas Jefferson who commented the nation needs another revolution every 20 years? The interesting thing is the deep state doesn't want to tear down everything, just the parts that don't fit their corrupt vision.

Adds credibility to Claire Wolf's quote that its too late to change things from within the system and too early to begin shooting the bastards. Or is it? Everyone who works for the Federal Government should be required to wear a shirt or jacket with a bullseye clearly printed on both the front and back.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
It’s not too early. Actually likely overdue.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:

FIFY

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I am at a loss for words.

McCabe lied multiple times about leaking.

Trump related people get crucified and trapped by FBI/DoJ but FBI people lie and walk.
<snip>

* I still have confidence in AG Barr.
* McCabe clearly lied to the FBI, but Barr’s DOJ isn’t going to charge him.

My guess: Barr knows that Durham has has McCabe in his crosshairs, and wants to leave the field clear for Durham.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8853 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

So, I guess you're plan is to just roll over and play dead. No matter what they do or how bad it gets, just submit. Roll Eyes

Not at all. We have to pick our battles so we can make the most progress in cleaning up the swamp.

What happens when we get a criminal charge against us for petty crap? Do we lose our 2A rights?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
McCabe won't face any criminal charges.
Stone was facing 7 to 9 years in federal prison.

Yeah, Dept of Injustice alright. Fucking swamp. Mad

My wild ass speculation is that Comey,McCabe,Clinton,Brennan etc have massive amounts of information ie(dirt) about other government employees and politicians that renders them immune from prosecution. J.Edgar Hoover essentially ran a deep state of his own for decades because he had dirt.

Posts: 12576 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post