SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It makes me think there is more to the Robert Hannigan resignation from GCHQ.

He resigned Jan 23rd 2017. something smells. there was too much detail, he quit to care for his wife, and oh yeah, his elderly parents too...

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
our allies are about to get roasted based on the hannity interview trump just talked about it. Nunes said the Five Eyes was not involved in this intelligence (its not in the records mentioned 2 posts back) but it appears it may have been. All starting to come together.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
our allies are about to get roasted based on the hannity interview trump just talked about it. Nunes said the Five Eyes was not involved in this intelligence (its not in the records mentioned 2 posts back) but it appears it may have been. All starting to come together.

Probably because it was not officially sanctioned. Friends helping friends with similar agendas. The UK politicos did not like Trump encouraging Brexit. God forbid the UK stand on its own 2 feet. That does not fit with the feel good narrative of the remain crowd.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I would love to see at the next rally President Trump hold up a folder and go on a riff something like this:

“Here are the documents the deep state says you can’t see. Here are the documents that show no Russia collusion. Here are the documents that they refuse to declassify, not because of national security but instead to protect the identity of those trying to thwart the will of the people.

I am going to release these documents. I am not going to wait for clearance, I am not going to accept redactions, I am not going to allow the fake news media to filter or bury what is in these documents.

The light of day is the best disinfectant, I will release these now in their original, unedited, and unredacted form for all to see how unelected government bureaucrats who believe they can do as they please, with no accountability, work against the will of the people.

In the name of the American People, I do so now at www.ReadItYourself.gov I AM SPARTACUS!”

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Papadopoulos continues to tweet

After reports are finally out that the British and Australian governments were actively spying and trying to sabotage the Trump campaign, those two governments called the president to ask for him not to declassify any FISA documents. Strange.

Alexander Downer will go down in history as a stooge for Clinton who single handedly caused irreparable damage between the USA-Australia. Congrats, buddy.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Trey Gowdy interview on the material to be declassified

https://dailycaller.com/2018/0...documents-fbi-probe/

video at link

sends a mixed message

“I’ve read it. Some of it’s embarrassing for the Department of Justice — some of it’s embarrassing for the FBI. Embarrassment is not a reason to classify something,” said Gowdy. “A lot of it should be embarrassing to John Brennan, and maybe therein lies why he is so adamant that this information not be released.”

The documents in question are related to Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants obtained against former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page as well as FBI notes of interviews used to obtain the warrants.

Gowdy, who has read the classified reports, said the information is not going to put national security at risk

“I don’t think it’s going to change anyone’s mind, but I’ve seen nothing in it that is going to jeopardize the national security interest of this country,” he said.

“Other than one document related to George Papadopoulos, I don’t think people are going to be that interested in it. And I don’t think any mind’s are going to be changed,” he continued.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"I don’t think people are going to be that interested in it"

Hope he is wrong about that

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
no wonder why Mueller dragged out the Papadopoulos sentencing. Papadopoulos now tweeting out a storm

His tweets seem to be lining up w why President Trump has put the declassification on hold

latest Papadopoulos:

Australia, if you are listening, do not sacrafice and damage your relationship with the USA to protect Alexander Downer. He sold you out for the sole purpose to try and sabotage Donald Trump to keep his links to the Clintons alive and well.

Coincidence? An ISRAELI diplomat named Christian Cantor introduced me to AUSTRALIAN intelligence officer, Erika Thompson, as his "girlfriend" in April 2016. Both confessed how much they hated Trump. After I humiliate UK prime minister David Cameron, Erika introduces me to Downer

After hearing the Australian media, during their interview of my wife @simonamangiante, tell her that "the professor", Joseph Mifsud, the man who told me about "emails" was connected to the British MI6...i am floored. But not shocked at this point of how complicit the Brits are.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
How did he humiliate Cameron, or is that a side story?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"How did he humiliate Cameron"

4 May 2016 article in London Times

most of article is behind paywall, but here is link and first part

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/art...meron-told-h6ng0r7xj

Say sorry to Trump or risk special relationship, Cameron told

David Cameron should apologise for calling Donald Trump “divisive, stupid and wrong”, a foreign policy adviser to the Republican frontrunner has said.

The billionaire’s team was shocked to be attacked by the prime minister, George Papadopoulos told The Times.

The lawyer, who is advising Mr Trump on Europe and the Middle East, revealed that the likely Republican candidate was considering a tour of both regions but that he had yet to be invited to Britain by the government.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
"How did he humiliate Cameron"

4 May 2016 article in London Times

most of article is behind paywall, but here is link and first part

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/art...meron-told-h6ng0r7xj

Say sorry to Trump or risk special relationship, Cameron told

David Cameron should apologise for calling Donald Trump “divisive, stupid and wrong”, a foreign policy adviser to the Republican frontrunner has said.

The billionaire’s team was shocked to be attacked by the prime minister, George Papadopoulos told The Times.

The lawyer, who is advising Mr Trump on Europe and the Middle East, revealed that the likely Republican candidate was considering a tour of both regions but that he had yet to be invited to Britain by the government.

Papadopoulos isn’t a lawyer.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Rep Goodlatte said that Nellie Ohr will appear to testify to congress on 19 Oct 2018

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
House Intel Comm (Nunes) to vote on releasing their interviews with

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer...-house-gop-interview

Glenn Simpson has refused an invitation to interview before the House Judiciary and House Oversight committees.

adding: Goodlatte has subpoenaed Glenn Simpson

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/big-...ussia-investigation/

The House Intelligence Committee on Friday morning voted to declassify transcripts of interviews with more than 50 witnesses from the committee’s Trump-Russia investigation, including scores from former President Obama, Hillary Clinton aides, and Fusion GPS operatives.

They include former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, former acting Attorney General Sally Yates, former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power, former Obama aide Ben Rhodes, former National Security Adviser Susan Rice, Clinton campaign manager John Podesta, and Clinton campaign and DNC lawyer Marc Elias.

The transcripts will now go to the intelligence community to determine what personal information may need to be redacted, which could take weeks.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Former top FBI lawyer James Baker gave "explosive" closed-door testimony on Wednesday detailing for congressional investigators how the Russia probe was handled in an "abnormal fashion" reflecting "political bias," according to two Republican lawmakers present for the deposition.

"Some of the things that were shared were explosive in nature," Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., told Fox News. "This witness confirmed that things were done in an abnormal fashion. That's extremely troubling."

Meadows claimed the "abnormal" handling of the probe into alleged coordination between Russian officials and the Trump presidential campaign was "a reflection of inherent bias that seems to be evident in certain circles." The FBI agent who opened the Russia case, Peter Strzok, FBI lawyer Lisa Page and others sent politically charged texts, and have since left the bureau.

Baker, who had a closely working relationship with former FBI Director James Comey, left the bureau earlier this year.

The lawmakers would not provide many specifics about the private transcribed interview, citing a confidentiality agreement with Baker and his attorneys. However, they indicated in broad terms that Baker was cooperative and forthcoming about the genesis of the Russia case in 2016, and about the surveillance warrant application for Trump campaign aide Carter Page in October 2016.

"During the time that the FBI was putting -- that DOJ and FBI were putting together the FISA (surveillance warrant) during the time prior to the election -- there was another source giving information directly to the FBI, which we found the source to be pretty explosive," said Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio.

Meadows and Jordan would not elaborate on the source, or answer questions about whether the source was a reporter. They did stress that the source who provided information to the FBI’s Russia case was not previously known to congressional investigators.

Baker is at the heart of surveillance abuse allegations, and his deposition lays the groundwork for next week's planned closed-door interview with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Baker, as the FBI's top lawyer, helped secure the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant on Page, as well as three subsequent renewals. Prior to the deposition, Republican investigators said they believed Baker could explain why information about the British ex-spy behind a salacious Trump-related dossier, Christopher Steele, and Steele’s apparent bias against then-candidate Trump, were withheld from the FISA court, and whether other exculpatory information was known to Rosenstein when he signed the final FISA renewal for Page in June 2017.

Fox News asked Baker after the deposition about the handling of the Trump dossier, what he told Rosenstein about exculpatory evidence, and whether he is the subject of an FBI leak investigation. Baker told Fox News he could not answer such questions.

Rosenstein is now expected on Capitol Hill on Oct. 11 for what Republican House sources have described as a closed-door interview, not a briefing to leadership. It comes after The New York Times reported last month that he’d discussed secretly recording the president and removing him from office using the 25th Amendment. Rosenstein’s planned in-person meeting with Trump has been pushed off amid speculation he might be fired or resign.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters Wednesday the meeting remains in limbo.

"If there's a meeting, we'll let you know,” she said. “But at this point, they continue to work together and both show up every day and do their jobs."

A Justice Department official said Rosenstein agreed to meet with the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., but offered no details on the format of that meeting.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from above

there was another source giving information directly to the FBI, which we found the source to be pretty explosive," said Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio.

They did stress that the source who provided information to the FBI’s Russia case was not previously known to congressional investigators.

Baker was cooperative and forthcoming about the genesis of the Russia case in 2016, and about the surveillance warrant application for Trump campaign aide Carter Page in October 2016

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

that sounds pretty interesting

a major break thru if Baker is cooperating

James Baker was the General Counsel of the FBI under Comey

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Russia collusion bombshell: DNC lawyers met with FBI on dossier before surveillance warrant

Congressional investigators have confirmed that a top FBI official met with Democratic Party lawyers to talk about allegations of Donald Trump-Russia collusion weeks before the 2016 election, and before the bureau secured a search warrant targeting Trump’s campaign.

Former FBI general counsel James Baker met during the 2016 season with at least one attorney from Perkins Coie, the Democratic National Committee’s private law firm.

That’s the firm used by the DNC and Hillary Clinton’s campaign to secretly pay research firm Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence operative, to compile a dossier of uncorroborated raw intelligence alleging Trump and Moscow were colluding to hijack the presidential election.

The dossier, though mostly unverified, was then used by the FBI as the main evidence seeking a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant targeting the Trump campaign in the final days of the campaign.

The revelation was confirmed both in contemporaneous evidence and testimony secured by a joint investigation by Republicans on the House Judiciary and Government Oversight committees, my source tells me.

It means the FBI had good reason to suspect the dossier was connected to the DNC’s main law firm and was the product of a Democratic opposition-research effort to defeat Trump — yet failed to disclose that information to the FISA court in October 2016, when the bureau applied for a FISA warrant to surveil Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

“This is a bombshell that unequivocally shows the real collusion was between the FBI and Donald Trump’s opposition — the DNC, Hillary and a Trump-hating British intel officer — to hijack the election, rather than some conspiracy between Putin and Trump,” a knowledgeable source told me.

Baker was interviewed by lawmakers behind closed doors on Wednesday. Sources declined to divulge his testimony, other than to say it confirmed other evidence about the contact between the Perkins Coie law firm and the FBI.

The sources also said Baker’s interview broke new ground both about the FBI’s use of news media in 2016 and 2017 to further the Trump case and about Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein’s conversations in spring 2017 regarding possible use of a body wire to record Trump.

“The interview was one of the most productive we had and it opened up many new investigative leads,” one source said.

Another said Baker could not answer some questions about FBI media contacts, citing an ongoing investigation by the Justice Department inspector general into alleged illegal leaks, during and after the election, about the Trump collusion probe and other matters.

These revelations illustrate anew how much the FBI and Justice Department have withheld from the public about their collaboration and collusion with clearly partisan elements of the Clinton campaign and the DNC, Fusion and Steele, that were trying to defeat Trump.

The growing body of evidence that the FBI used mostly politically-motivated, unverified intelligence from an opponent to justify spying on the GOP nominee’s campaign — just weeks before Election Day — has prompted a growing number of Republicans to ask President Trump to declassify the rest of the FBI’s main documents in the Russia collusion case.

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), House Freedom Caucus leaders Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) and Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), veteran investigator Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) and many others have urged the president to act on declassification even as FBI and Justice Department have tried to persuade the president to keep documents secret.

Ryan has said he believes the declassification will uncover potential FBI abuses of the FISA process. Jordan said he believes there is strong evidence the bureau misled the FISA court. Nunes has said the FBI intentionally hid exculpatory evidence from the judges.

And Meadows told The Hill’s new morning television show, Rising, on Wednesday that there is evidence the FBI had sources secretly record members of the Trump campaign.

“There’s a strong suggestion that confidential human sources actually taped members within the Trump campaign,” Meadows told Hill.TV hosts Krystal Ball and Ned Ryun.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/ris...bi-on-dossier-before

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Chuck Ross reported this yesterday

(not sure if it is related to above posts)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

also from above post by feersum,

The sources also said Baker’s interview broke new ground ..... about Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein’s conversations in spring 2017 regarding possible use of a body wire to record Trump.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post