SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Barr/Durham are our last hope at achieving any justice. Justice must be severe and more importantly thorough. No wrist slap of some low level flunkie and then calling it good will suffice.

The type of justice needed here must sink the knife deep in the heart of the seditionist now and in the future. If it does not we should not be surprised at anything that happens going forward but we should be prepared. Our last chance at saving the country is here upon us and I pray that Barr/Durham are the men of our times and can rise to the occasion where so many others failed before them.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IG Report Confirms Schiff FISA Memo Media Praised Was Riddled With Lies

https://thefederalist.com/2019...s-riddled-with-lies/

Nearly two years later, the inspector general's report vindicates the Nunes memo while showing that the Schiff memo was riddled with lies and false statements.
Mollie Hemingway
By Mollie Hemingway
December 10, 2019

The new inspector general report on FISA abuse settles the debate between Republicans and Democrats on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. Both groups put out memos about the Department of Justice’s efforts to secure a warrant to wiretap Carter Page.

At the time of their release, the media praised Democrat Adam Schiff and his memo and vilified Republican Devin Nunes and his memo. Nearly two years later, the inspector general’s report vindicates the Nunes memo while showing that the Schiff memo was riddled with lies and false statements.

The memo from the Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee reported:

A salacious and unverified dossier formed an essential part of the application to secure a warrant against a Trump campaign affiliate named Carter Page. This application failed to reveal that the dossier was bought and paid for by Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee.
The application cited a Yahoo News article extensively. The story did not corroborate the dossier, and the FBI wrongly claimed Christopher Steele, the author of the dossier, was not a source for the story.
Nellie Ohr, the wife of a high-ranking Justice Department official, also worked on behalf of the Clinton campaign effort. Her husband Bruce Ohr funneled her research into the Department of Justice. Although he admitted that Steele “was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president,” this and the Ohrs’ relationship with the Clinton campaign was concealed from the secret court that grants surveillance warrants.
The dossier was “only minimally corroborated” and unverified, according to FBI officials.

All of these things were found to be true by the Inspector General Michael Horowitz in his December 9 report. In fact, Horowitz detailed rampant abuse that went far beyond these four items.

The Democratic minority on the committee, then led by Rep. Adam Schiff, put out a response memo with competing claims:

FBI and DOJ officials did not omit material information from the FISA warrant.
The DOJ “made only narrow use of information from Steele’s sources about Page’s specific activities in 2016.”
In subsequent FISA renewals, DOJ provided additional information that corroborated Steele’s reporting.
The Page FISA warrant allowed the FBI to collect “valuable intelligence.”
“Far from ‘omitting’ material facts about Steele, as the Majority claims, DOJ repeatedly informed the Court about Steele’s background, credibility, and potential bias.”
The FBI conducted a “rigorous process” to vet Steele’s allegations, and the Page FISA application explained the FBI’s reasonable basis for finding Steele credible.
Steele’s prior reporting was used in “criminal proceedings.”

Each of these claims were found by Horowitz to be false.

Horowitz found that FBI and DOJ officials did in fact omit critical material information from the FISA warrant, including several items exculpatory to Page. Material facts were not just omitted but willfully hidden through doctoring of evidence.

The warrants were based on Steele’s dossier, which was known by January 2017 to be ridiculously uncorroborated. The renewals did not find information that corroborated Steele’s reporting. The warrants clearly didn’t allow the FBI to collect valuable intelligence. And Steele’s prior reporting was not used in criminal proceedings.

“We found that the FBI did not have information corroborating the specific allegations against Carter Page in Steele’s reporting when it relied upon his reports in the first FISA application or subsequent renewal applications,” the executive summary of the report says.

The media joined Department of Justice bureaucrats in bitterly opposing the release of the Nunes memo. The Justice Department released a letter to the press saying the action was “extraordinarily reckless,”would be “damaging” to “national security,” and would risk “damage to our intelligence community or the important work it does in safeguarding the American people.”

Then, when the report was released, the media made a variety of contradictory claims, all of them downplaying or dismissing the memo as nothing whatsoever. “Why Were The Democrats So Worried About The Nunes Memo?” asked The New Yorker. Rachel Maddow said that, far from destroying national security, instead the memo delivered “a sad trombone for Trump.” “It’s a joke and a sham,” claimed Washington Post writers.

“The memo purports to show that the process by which the FBI and Justice Department obtained approval from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to conduct surveillance on former Trump adviser Carter Page was deeply tainted,” the Post article says. “It does this by straining every which way to suggest that the basis for the warrant was the so-called ‘Steele dossier,’ which contains Democratic-funded research by former British spy Christopher Steele.” (The IG confirmed this week that the efforts to secure a warrant to spy on Page were dropped due to lack of evidence until Steele delivered his memos.)

On the other hand, Salon called the memo “fake news.” New York Magazine’s Jonathan Chait, who fervently believes that Trump is a traitor who colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election, all evidence to the contrary, went even further. “The Nunes Memo Is Fake and the Russia Scandal Is Very Real,” he claimed. “While the evidence that the DOJ has been corrupt or even sloppy in its investigation has disintegrated, evidence for the seriousness of the investigation itself has grown progressively stronger,” Chait claimed.

CNN had their good buddy James Clapper, an Obama intelligence chief, say that the memo was a “blatant political act.” John Brennan, Obama’s CIA chief who was also implicated in the spying on the Trump campaign, told Politico that the memo was “exceptionally partisan.” Politico claimed the memo “makes no sense.”

“Nunes Memo Accidentally Confirms the Legitimacy of the FBI’s Investigation,” asserted The Intercept. “All Smoke, No Fire,” claimed resistance member Orin Kerr in The New York Times. “The Nunes Memo Continues To Backfire,” declared the hyperpartisan Washington Post editorial board.

A great example of the general media treatment of the issue of FISA abuse was offered up by U.S. News and World Report. “Nail in the Coffin for Nunes Memo,” declared the headline of an article that effusively praised Schiff while utterly condemning Nunes. “Nunes’ memo was a bad joke from the start,” the author writes, going on to assert that Page was a dangerous agent of Russia, multiple Trump campaign operatives were surveilled for excellent reason, and the ex-British spy secretly hired by Hillary Clinton to produce the dossier alleging Trump was a secret agent of Russia was simply beyond reproach.

“If the GOP’s defense of Page is puzzling so is its targeting of Steele, an accomplished British former spy with an expertise in Russia and Vladimir Putin,” claimed the U.S. News and World Report article. Steele’s reputation with most reporters was not based in reality and he doesn’t even claim he verified any of the information in his report, which a sprawling special counsel investigation was unable to corroborate in any of its central and major claims.

It is unclear if the media will revisit, much less apologize for, their false claims about the Nunes memo or credulous support of Schiff’s memo.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Can someone explain to me why Durham did what he did? Why show the swamp rats any of of your hand at all? It's like giving the criminals a head start to save themselves getting out of Dodge or something. Just keep quiet and continue on with your investigation. Then, when the time comes to lower the boom, BAM!

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Can someone explain to me why Durham did what he did? Why show the swamp rats any of of your hand at all? It's like giving the criminals a head start to save themselves getting out of Dodge or something. Just keep quiet and continue on with your investigation. Then, when the time comes to lower the boom, BAM!

Maybe Durham and Barr did this as a morale booster for all the Americans who truly want justice.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:

Maybe Durham and Barr did this as a morale booster for all the Americans who truly want justice.

I wondered the same thing as 12131. I think you may be right it may be a morale booster or a effort to keep the cork in the bottle. We have entered the last phase of whether or not this country is going to exist as a country with free elections. Is the deep state going to remain and have control over who gets elected or remains in office or is justice going to be administered and the deep state will find it's head gets severed.

Many of us recognize where we are in history and what's at stake it and I'm hoping Durham does as well. What a remarkable and astounding place AG Barr and Durham find themselves in the history of our country. As I said before I hope they rise to it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:

Quite right. Just look at the reaction of some of the members on here when the IG report came out. Keep some faith is the message. Durham knew there would be massive spin by the media and the dems from this report. He wanted to squash some of that.

And anyway, the criminals don't need a heads up; they already know what's coming. Just a matter of time.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don’t think Durham’s statement is at all damaging to his investigation.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
already posted in President Trump thread, but is also germane here:

President Trump:

I don’t know what report current Director of the FBI Christopher Wray was reading, but it sure wasn’t the one given to me. With that kind of attitude, he will never be able to fix the FBI , which is badly broken despite having some of the greatest men & women working there!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

key people will not recognize that this was a coup attempt to conspire to overturn the 2016 election

Wray won't recognize it
Horowitz won't recognize it

The burden of the truth falls on AG Barr and Prosecutor Durham. Let's hope they have the courage to write themselves into the history books. I think they do.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
maybe AG Barr reads SIGforum

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...obing-trump-n1098986

Attorney General William Barr said he still believes the FBI may have operated out of "bad faith" when it investigated whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, and he contends the FBI acted improperly by continuing the investigation after Donald Trump took office.

In an exclusive interview with NBC News, Barr essentially dismissed the findings of the Justice Department's inspector general that there was no evidence of political bias in the launching of the Russia probe, saying that his hand-picked prosecutor, John Durham, will have the last word on the matter.

"I think our nation was turned on its head for three years based on a completely bogus narrative that was largely fanned and hyped by a completely irresponsible press," Barr said. "I think there were gross abuses…and inexplicable behavior that is intolerable in the FBI."

"I think that leaves open the possibility that there was bad faith."

Barr's blistering criticism of the FBI's conduct in the Russia investigation, which went well beyond the errors outlined in the inspector general report, is bound to stoke further controversy about whether the attorney general is acting in good faith, or as a political hatchet man for President Trump.

AG Barr is a hatchet man for defending the truth. I can't recall an AG more worthy of respect

Barr argued that Horowitz didn't look very hard, and that the inspector general accepted the FBI's explanations at face value .

Horowitz may come out of this with a completely discredited reputation. Hopefully he gets replaced

"All he said was, people gave me an explanation and I didn't find anything to contradict it…he hasn't decided the issue of improper motive," Barr said. "I think we have to wait until the full investigation is done."

Barr said he stood by his assertion that the Trump campaign was spied on, noting that the FBI used confidential informants who recorded conversations with Trump campaign officials.

"It was clearly spied upon," he said. "That's what electronic surveillance is … going through people's emails, wiring people up."

Barr portrayed the Russia investigation as a bogus endeavor that was foisted on Trump, rather than something undertaken by career civil servants who were concerned about whether a foreign power had compromised a political campaign.

"From a civil liberties standpoint, the greatest danger to our free system is that the incumbent government use the apparatus of the state … both to spy on political opponents but also to use them in a way that could effect the outcome of an election," Barr said. He added that this was the first time in history that "counterintelligence techniques," were used against a presidential campaign.

Barr said that presidential campaigns are frequently in contact with foreigners, contradicting the comments of numerous political professionals who have said for two years that there is rarely, if ever, a reason for a presidential campaign to be in touch with Russians.

But the biggest outrage, Barr said, is that the FBI's "case collapsed after the election and they never told the court and they kept on getting these renewals."

The inspector general report does not say the FBI's Russia case collapsed after the election. It does say that the FBI interviewed some of the sources for the dossier written by a British operative who raised questions about his reporting. But by then, the investigation had moved well beyond anything in the dossier.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
<snip>

Especially sdy’s excellent and insightful posts! Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
<snip>

Especially sdy’s excellent and insightful posts. Smile

He'd make a far better and far more credible witness than anyone the dems have put forward.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
The burden of the truth falls on AG Barr and Prosecutor Durham. Let's hope they have the courage to write themselves into the history books. I think they do.

God willing. We need some drastic, and positive changes in this country from the top down. It's why we elected Trump, and it why he'll win again in 2020.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin Maybe!

But maybe he knows what we know because he isn't blinded by the MSM propaganda. I'm sure we have many sources of information in common... but he also has many investigators working on this.

But regardless of his sources, AG Barr is a brave man. He is a stallion! He understands the consequences and he soldiers on. He will do what needs to be done.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...obing-trump-n1098986
From the link:..."I think our nation was turned on its head for three years based on a completely bogus narrative that was largely fanned and hyped by a completely irresponsible press," Barr said. "I think there were gross abuses…and inexplicable behavior that is intolerable in the FBI."

Reassuring to know Barr is onto these commies.
I hope all of them are losing sleep, waiting on Durham's next move.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
quote:

If nothing else, maybe it will keep the snakes squirming while his investigation continues.

Posts: 597 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Christopher Steele has provided public comments to the IG report

Will post the ltr here.

One comment is very surprising. Steele says he was never an FBI CHS. In a bit I will show the FBI though otherwise

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

a very very misleading ltr. Will try to address several points but will take a while to pull it together. Damn these people are lying scum

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
“May be bad faith”? Why else would these bureaucratic tyrant scum deceive the court and the public? Of course it was bad faith. It was at least bad faith.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
first comment on the Steele letter above

(this is a "target rich" environment)

para 6 Alfa bank

This topic is one of the tricks played w coordination between Perkins Coie, Fusion GPS, and Steele. It is so transparent, you would have to be an FBI agent to miss it.

Steele wrote a 14 Sep 2016 report that Putin had a relationship w "Alpha" Bank. Steele named Alpha Bank leaders who were actually leading Alfa Bank

No mention of a connection to Donald Trump

Then on 19 Sep 2016, Perkins Coie lawyer Mark Sussman went to FBI General Counsel Baker and provided "evidence" that Trump Tower was secretly communicating w Russia thru Alfa Bank computers

Perkins Coie was paying Fusion for the dossier work. The sources of their funds were Clinton Campaign and DNC.

my my what a coincidence

So the Orbis ltr is "correct". Steele did not directly connect Alfa bank to Trump communications. The letter mentions computer scientists who brought the "analysis" to the FBI. Some of them were strong supporters of Hillary Clinton.

The whole concept was quickly debunked and the computer scientist "experts" disappeared back into academia.

The most used trick in their playbook: make it appear that multiple independent sources report the same or similar info that collectively paints a picture. A fabricated and false picture.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The letter says Steele was never an FBI CHS

thanks to Judicial Watch we have evidence that is not true.

The evidence comes straight from the publicly available material at the FBI vault

https://vault.fbi.gov/

The material is almost entirely redacted. Probably 99% plus redacted

But the material is described by the FBI as

"Records Between FBI and Christopher Steele Part 01 and Part 02"

The CHS is never named as Steele, but the CHS forms all fall under "Records Between FBI and Christopher Steele"

Part 1 , Page 78 covers "Admonishments" to a Confidential Human Source with a date of 2 Feb 2016.

Page 78 is a very poor quality page. Hard to read. But my rough interpretation is that it says:

"Admonishments:

1. The CHS’s assistance and the information provided to the FBI are entirely voluntary.

2. The CHS must provide truthful information to the FBI.

3. The CHS must abide by the instruction of the FBI and must not take or seek to take any independent actions on behalf of the US Government.

4. The US Government will strive to protect the CHS’s identity but cannot guarantee it will not be divulged.

Those admonishments were from Feb 2016

The FBI didn't make this easy.

Now you have to jump all the way back to page 1.

Page 1 is a CHS "Source Closing Communication"

page 1 says the CHS was "deactivated" on 1 November 2016. (The next day after the Mother Jones article)

Page 1 also says the CHS revealed to an outside party that the CHS had a confidential relationship w the FBI.

It says the CHS was a source for an online article (Mother Jones)

The FBI handling agent notified the CHS that the arrangement was closed.

Part 2, Page 90 is a Human Source Validation Report

It says the CHS provided information of value to the US Intelligence Community.

But the CHS exposed the relationship w the FBI, and the CHS "was closed".

The page notes that the CHS resides outside the US.

The page has a blanked out "Primary Reporting Program", but a Secondary Reporting Program listed as "Counterintelligence Division"

Peter Strzok was in the Counterintel Div

Patr 2, Page 91 states that the CHS was closed on 1 Nov 2016.

It also states that the CHS is a foreign national employed at his or her own business.

So you can put your detective hat on, and draw your conclusions.

Almost forgot, Comey said they believed Steele because he had a history of providing them good info. In the FBI records there are pages which indicate the FBI paid Steele several times.

Maybe in the intel world it is embarrassing to Steele that he was an FBI source. The other spy kids might be giggling.