SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It isn’t surprising the PC lawyers would meet with DOJ/FBI. They wanted to make sure they would be getting their money’s worth.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
reminder

The Department of Justice’s National Security Division (NSD) will hold a press conference.

Start time 9:30am ET

https://www.justice.gov/live

Might be nothing, but I plan to watch

?? 9:33 but no broadcast yet

ok something is starting

NOT what I hoped for

indictments of Russians for cyber crime

just what we needed (not)

This is plain embarrassing for the NSD

Indictments of Russian GRU officers

Looking at the reporters covering this brief - there is no one that I recognize. Clearly these reporters are 2nd / 3rd tier, not the top first tier. So the news media knew this was not going to be big news in advance.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

... The lawmakers would not provide many specifics about the private transcribed interview, citing a confidentiality agreement with Baker and his attorneys....

JALLEN, how can this possibly remain confidential? If justice is to be done, the American people will need to know who betrayed their trust, who is going to jail, get fired, etc. We also need to know that this attempted coup by the Left has been dismantled to its core.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Chad Pergram (Fox):

Colleague Catherine Herridge rpts sources familiar with Congressional investigation tell Fox that a lawyer for DNC/Clinton campaign was the previously unknown source providing evidence to the FBI Russia probe in ‘16 as FBI/DOJ drafted surveillance warrant for Carter Page.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

whoa. A Perkins Coie lawyer was an FBI source ?

lines up w posts on previous page

Was this used as justification for the Carter Page FISA warrant ?

Was it another circular info set up ?

C Steele - Fusion GPS - Perkins Coie - FBI ?

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
From Conservative Treehouse

quote:
The DOJ-NSD and FBI are holding a press conference today at 9:30am. The topic is unknown, but the timing coincides with a document production subpoena from the House Judiciary Committee for McCabe Memos, the “Woods File” supporting the Carter Page FISA application, and Gang-of-Eight documents on the Russia investigation.

In related news, former FBI chief legal counsel, James Baker, delivered testimony to the Joint House Committee yesterday in the ongoing investigation of corrupt FISA processes and “spy-gate”. Fox News and The Hill both have reports.

There has been some speculation James Baker is a willing/cooperating witness within this ongoing investigation. I would urge skepticism and caution toward that view. Baker is currently a participating member of Lawfare; he is not likely to testify in opposition to his DOJ and FBI ideological allies despite their corrupt activity. Indeed, Mr. Baker attended the closed-door hearing with lawyers to protect all interests, including James Baker.

One of the more interesting leaks from the testimony is found in a report from John Solomon of The Hill where he outlines a Jim Baker admission that lawyers from the DNC (Perkins Coie) met with FBI officials in the run-up to the Carter Page FISA application used against the Trump campaign.

WASHINGTON DC – Congressional investigators have confirmed that a top FBI official met with Democratic Party lawyers to talk about allegations of Donald Trump-Russia collusion weeks before the 2016 election, and before the bureau secured a search warrant targeting Trump’s campaign.

Former FBI general counsel James Baker met during the 2016 season with at least one attorney from Perkins Coie, the Democratic National Committee’s private law firm. (read more)

Essentially the article is affirming a connection, validated by James Baker, where the Steele Dossier -a product of DNC funding- was deployed with knowledge of origin by the FBI in the FISA application. Those who have followed the story closely may not see this as much of a big discovery; however, the DNC and Clinton Team have adamantly denied their transparent connection – so this could remove their defensive talking point.

The fact that FBI officials were meeting with a lawyer representing the interests of a presidential candidate to frame investigative material against the candidate’s opposition is a serious issue. Then again, with overwhelming evidence highlighting the plot – by now everyone accepts this corrupt activity took place within the FBI under James Comey to the secret benefit of the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Of course the use of Perkins Coie lawyers as a go-between provides Clinton plausible deniability. Every corrupt behavior in Clinton world is based on plausible deniability and parseltongue use of obfuscated language.

Additionally Joint Committee republican representative Mark Meadows told The Hill’s new morning television show, Rising, there is evidence the FBI had human sources secretly recording members of the Trump campaign:

“There’s a strong suggestion that confidential human sources actually taped members within the Trump campaign,” Meadows told Hill.TV hosts Krystal Ball and Ned Ryun. (link)

If true, and if it can be proved, this puts an even bigger shadow over the insufferably corrupt institutional behavior already identified within the DOJ and FBI under the Obama administration.

With around 34 days left before the mid-term elections, and no visible efforts being made toward willingly providing documents for oversight – or having a sense of urgency therein; it still appears the current corruption monitors, leadership within the DOJ and FBI, are trying to run out the clock and avoid exposing the institutional corruption that remain visible near the surface.

Perhaps after Judge Kavanaugh is confirmed the pressure will mount upon the DOJ and FBI, specifically upon DAG Rod Rosenstein and Deputy Director Christopher Wray, to provide the demanded sunlight and declassification of documents.

DAG Rosenstein is expected to answer questions about his “wear a wire” comments to congress on October 11th; and Ms. Nellie Ohr is scheduled to delivery her “spy-gate” testimony on October 19th. The proverbial clock is ticking…

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/MustangGir.../1047906106016759808

Catherine Herridge says it was Michael Sussman of Perkins Coie that contacted James Baker.

Sussman is a former federal prosecutor who handled computer crime cases

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Sara Carter's reporting has been pretty good.

In this report she explains some of what happened w Perkins Coie lawyer Michael Sussman and FBI Counsel James Baker

https://saraacarter.com/top-fb...who-leaked-to-media/

some cut and pastes:

Former FBI General Counsel James Baker met with the Democratic party’s top lawyer, Michael Sussmann, to discuss the ongoing investigation by the bureau into the Trump campaign’s alleged ties with Russia. This meeting happened prior to the FBI’s initial warrant to spy on short-term campaign volunteer Carter Page, sources close to the investigation have told SaraACarter.com.

information provided by Baker, who gave extensive testimony Wednesday to lawmakers behind closed doors, coincides with the House Intelligence Committee’s final Russia report that suggests Sussmann was also leaking unverified information on the Trump campaign to journalists around the same time he met with Baker

These sources say this new information from Baker exposes the bureau’s failure to inform the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) that the evidence used to spy on Page was partisan and unverified.

Baker was the FBI’s top counsel and a close advisor to former Director James Comey.

In 2016, the Clinton campaign and the DNC paid $9.1 million to the law firm, according to reports. Sussmann, however, is also connected to CrowdStrike. CrowdStrike is the private cybersecurity that was retained by Perkins Coie for the DNC to investigate the breach of its server after it was discovered that it had been hacked in April 2016. Although the FBI has conducted its own investigation into the breach of the server the Democratic National Committee never gave the FBI permission to access the server itself.

“There’s no way the FBI could have not known it was Perkins Coie being paid by the DNC and Clinton campaign but failed to disclose the information to the FISA courts,” said a source familiar with the investigation

The meeting Baker described to lawmakers was also referenced in the House Intelligence Committee’s final Russia Report. On page 56, footnote 43, it states that in “September 2016 (redacted) shared similar information in a one-on-one meeting with FBI General Counsel James Baker.” The redacted name is “Sussmann,” according to several sources familiar with the investigation.

The footnote states, “Around the same time as his meeting with FBI, (redacted) shared the information with journalists, including (redacted) of Slate, who published an article at the end of October … Was a Trump Service Communicating with Russia?,” Slate, Oct. 31, 2016.” Sussmann allegedly shared the some of the same information he gave to Baker with Franklin Foer, a journalist with Slate at the same time the bureau gathered the information for their own investigation into Trump’s campaign.

The Hill’s John Solomon reported late Wednesday that a source familiar with the current evidence gathered by Congress said it’s a “bombshell that unequivocally shows the real collusion was between the FBI and Donald Trump’s opposition — the DNC, Hillary, and a Trump-hating British intel officer — to hijack the election, rather than some conspiracy between Putin and Trump.”

this all makes Mueller look like a fool or part of the conspiracy

Another source close to the investigation said that Baker informed the committee that Sussmann hand-delivered information to Baker in both electronic format and hard copies connected to the Russia investigation and Steele’s work for Fusion GPS at the time of the meeting

remember how Strzok kept saying the FBI would not allow him to say how the dossier got to the FBI ? no wonder

Baker told the committee that he delivered the documents and electronic file to head of the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division William “Bill” Priestap, who was then the boss of former FBI Special Agent Peter Strzok

For months, Congress has requested that Trump declassify the documents after battling Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray to no avail. Congressional members, some whom have clearance to see the documents, say “no sources or methods” would be exposed if they were declassified, but that they believe it would expose extensive evidence of abuse by the bureau on the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.

If above is true, Wray and Rosenstein should be fired (MHO)
The "sources and methods" were to get it straight from Clinton's lawyers

posted Hide Post
quote:
If above is true, Wray and Rosenstein should be fired (MHO)
The "sources and methods" were to get it straight from Clinton's lawyers

Well...I can appreciate efficiency in government, it is so rare!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Geo Papadopoulos keeps firing tweets

Hons: @RepGoodlatte thank you for the honor and invitation to come testify before congress. I look forward to doing so as soon as possible.

It’s painfully clear that Stefan Halper was covering for Alexander Downer. These were two of the biggest idiots I ever came into contact with. Both are about to be brutally exposed. There is only so long that the Brits and Australians can beg our government not to declassify FISA

The UK and its inteligence services regularly act with impunity when they interfere in the elections in third world countries. They tried to do it to America in 2016 with idiots like Alexander Downer and Stefan Halper. This time they got caught.

I will soon be explaining the connection between Alexander Downer and Stefan Halper in my book. A big hint: failed MI6 operation the whole way.

Hons: @TGowdySC and @RepGoodlatte , I think it's also important for me to detail my interactions with US intelligence officials from US Embassy, London. Gregory Baker and Terrence Dudley. Both wanted to ingratiate themselves in campaign via myself. Timing of meetings was suspect.

I haven’t even gotten to the creeps from the Obama state department providing false info about me and trying to spy...the story is just beginning.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

the fact that 2 of our "closest allies" asked President Trump not to declassify the FISA warrant does give some support to Papadopoulos claims

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Geo Papadopoulos keeps firing tweets

Hons: @RepGoodlatte thank you for the honor and invitation to come testify before congress. I look forward to doing so as soon as possible.

It’s painfully clear that Stefan Halper was covering for Alexander Downer. These were two of the biggest idiots I ever came into contact with. Both are about to be brutally exposed. There is only so long that the Brits and Australians can beg our government not to declassify FISA

The UK and its inteligence services regularly act with impunity when they interfere in the elections in third world countries. They tried to do it to America in 2016 with idiots like Alexander Downer and Stefan Halper. This time they got caught.

I will soon be explaining the connection between Alexander Downer and Stefan Halper in my book. A big hint: failed MI6 operation the whole way.

Hons: @TGowdySC and @RepGoodlatte , I think it's also important for me to detail my interactions with US intelligence officials from US Embassy, London. Gregory Baker and Terrence Dudley. Both wanted to ingratiate themselves in campaign via myself. Timing of meetings was suspect.

I haven’t even gotten to the creeps from the Obama state department providing false info about me and trying to spy...the story is just beginning.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

the fact that 2 of our "closest allies" asked President Trump not to declassify the FISA warrant does give some support to Papadopoulos claims

This isn’t very diplomatic!

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The intense events regarding SC Justice Brett Kavanaugh have kept the efforts of the House Judiciary and Oversight committees out of the news.

It has been reported by several news media that Rod Rosenstein will testify to the 2 House committees on 11 Oct 2018. (Thur)

A main topic will be the reports that Rosenstein talked about wearing a wire to record President Trump.

Additionally, President Trump ordered material about the Carter Page FISA warrants to be declassified. Rod Rosenstein convinced the President to delay and get the DoJ IG involved.

We haven't heard anything from the DoJ IG for quite a while. I don't think we have heard anything from DoJ Prosecutor Huber who was supposed to be taking inputs from Horowitz.

3 days ago there was a Media brief by DoJ National Security Division. It turned out to be more indictments against Russian hackers. DoJ and Mueller seem to be investigating everything except the important issues.

CT has an article up about this. The CT conclusion is that Rosenstein, Wray, Bowditch, and Boente are all trying to hide what really happened in the Russian investigation.

We recently learned that Perkins Coie lawyer Sussman gave inputs directly to James Baker (former FBI chief Counsel) before the Carter Page FISA warrant. These inputs were reported to be about the Russia counterintel investigation.

We are one month out from the November election. The REP congressmen are begging President Trump to take action and release the documents that they have already seen.

It certainly appears unlikely that anything is going to come out w/o the President taking action. And it could have a profound impact on the November voters.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
The intense events regarding SC Justice Brett Kavanaugh have kept the efforts of the House Judiciary and Oversight committees out of the news.

It has been reported by several news media that Rod Rosenstein will testify to the 2 House committees on 11 Oct 2018. (Thur)

A main topic will be the reports that Rosenstein talked about wearing a wire to record President Trump.

Additionally, President Trump ordered material about the Carter Page FISA warrants to be declassified. Rod Rosenstein convinced the President to delay and get the DoJ IG involved.

We haven't heard anything from the DoJ IG for quite a while. I don't think we have heard anything from DoJ Prosecutor Huber who was supposed to be taking inputs from Horowitz.

3 days ago there was a Media brief by DoJ National Security Division. It turned out to be more indictments against Russian hackers. DoJ and Mueller seem to be investigating everything except the important issues.

CT has an article up about this. The CT conclusion is that Rosenstein, Wray, Bowditch, and Boente are all trying to hide what really happened in the Russian investigation.

We recently learned that Perkins Coie lawyer Sussman gave inputs directly to James Baker (former FBI chief Counsel) before the Carter Page FISA warrant. These inputs were reported to be about the Russia counterintel investigation.

We are one month out from the November election. The REP congressmen are begging President Trump to take action and release the documents that they have already seen.

It certainly appears unlikely that anything is going to come out w/o the President taking action. And it could have a profound impact on the November voters.

I was reading that earlier, and had an unhappy thought.

After he was confirmed, AG Sessions sought advice from DOJ career professionals about whether he should recuse. “During the course of the last several weeks, I have met with the relevant senior career Department officials to discuss whether I should recuse myself from any matters arising from the campaigns for President of the United States.“

You don’t suppose.....

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Steele resurfaced recently to accept an award from Vanity Fair magazine, and used the opportunity to stroke the media's collective ego.

quote:
"In these strange and troubling times, it is hard to speak unpalatable truths to power, but I believe we all still have a duty to do so, " Steele said. "I salute those on your list, and otherwise, who have had the courage to speak out over the last year, often at great personal cost."

"At a time when governance is so distorted and one-sided, as I believe it currently is in the United States, the media has a key role to play in holding it accountable," he added.

Full text at http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-...have-a-duty-to-speak

In light of the articles that have been posted recently, I'm tempted to wonder whether Steele and the U.S. media are trying to reaffirm their alliance (as well as paint Steele as a brave victim) before the storm hits. Vanity Fair seems to have been one of the primary venues through which he's "released" his BS, Vanity Fair gives him an award for being "one of the 100 most influential people" that Vanity Fair actually cares about, and Steele writes to Vanity Fair's editor to praise the people who've retailed his nonsense for their "courage". What a daisy chain!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
They didn't teach us in laws school about a Constitutional right to avoid appearing as a witness in hearing "not designed to discover the truth".

Sounds like he is invoking the right to avoid incriminating himself.

I wonder what the crime is????

Link

FUSION GPS FOUNDER WILL PLEAD THE FIFTH TO AVOID TESTIFYING TO CONGRESS

The co-founder of the opposition research firm behind the Steele dossier, Glenn Simpson, will invoke his First and Fifth Amendment privileges to avoid testifying before Congress next week, his lawyer has told Congress.

According to The Hill, Simpson’s attorney, Joshua Levy, told House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Bob Goodlatte that Simpson will not appear for a deposition because the congressional investigation “is not designed to discover the truth.”

The Virginia Republican subpoenaed Simpson on Sept. 29 after Levy said his client would not appear voluntarily for an interview before members of the House Judiciary and House Oversight & Government Reform committees.

Simpson’s firm, Fusion GPS, was hired during the 2016 presidential campaign by the law firm that represented the DNC and Clinton campaign. Fusion GPS hired former British spy Christopher Steele to conduct an investigation into Donald Trump’s possible links to Russia. The result of the probe was a 35-page report alleging collusion between the Trump campaign and Kremlin.

Republican lawmakers are interested in the dossier, largely because the FBI reportedly relied on the unverified document to obtain surveillance warrants against former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

In addition to investigating Trump and his associates, Fusion GPS has helped plant anti-Trump news stories with numerous news outlets. Simpson helped arrange meetings between Steele and journalists from The New York Times, The Washington Post, The New Yorker, and Yahoo! News.

Simpson has already testified before the House Intelligence and Senate Judiciary committees. But Republicans lawmakers hoped to depose him again to ask him about testimony provided by Bruce Ohr, a Justice Department official who was in contact with both Simpson and Steele.

Ohr’s congressional testimony has cast doubt on what Simpson told the House Intelligence panel last November.

Ohr testified on Aug. 28 that he met Simpson twice in 2016, before and after the election. The first meeting took place in August 2016 after Simpson emailed Ohr. Ohr’s notes show that he took notes related to the Trump investigation during his encounter with Simpson. (RELATED: Bruce Ohr’s Congressional Testimony Undermined Glenn Simpson’s)

But Simpson testified that he met Ohr only after the election, and at Ohr’s request. And though Simpson acknowledged meeting Ohr, he did not tell congressional investigators that Ohr’s wife, Nellie, worked for Fusion GPS while the firm was investigating Trump.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Simpson has already testified before the House Intelligence and Senate Judiciary committees.

Perjury, perhaps?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
one thing Simpson would worry about is in the article

"Simpson testified that he met Ohr only after the election"

"Ohr testified on Aug. 28 that he met Simpson twice in 2016, before and after the election"

A lot has come out since Simpson last testified to congress in Nov 2017

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...d-fbi-review-n919066

Former FBI acting Director Andrew McCabe said Thursday that his book has been delayed because of an FBI review lasting longer than he thought it would, making him concerned he has been singled out for what he calls "irregular unfair treatment."

McCabe's book, "The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump," was scheduled for release Dec. 4. He now says it will come out in February.

"Having been singled out for irregular unfair treatment over the past year, I am concerned it could be happening again," McCabe said in a statement issued through a spokeswoman.

The book's publisher, St. Martin's, has called the book a candid account of McCabe's career and defense of the FBI's independence. According to the publisher, McCabe will describe "a series of troubling, contradictory, and often bizarre conversations" with Trump and other high officials that led him to believe the "actions of this President and his administration undermine the FBI and the entire intelligence community" and threaten the general public.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So the FBI won't release the McCabe memos to congress, but McCabe writes a book about the memos

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Daily Caller notes another thing for Glenn Simpson to worry about if he talks to congress

https://dailycaller.com/2018/0...r-glenn-simpson-nra/

FUSION GPS FOUNDER SHARED ‘FALSE STORY’ ABOUT GOP LAWYER IN MEETING WITH DOJ’S BRUCE OHR

Veteran GOP lawyer Cleta Mitchell suddenly found her name mixed up in the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

The first public mention of Mitchell came in a March 13 report released by Democrats on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. The report listed Mitchell, a partner at the firm Foley & Lardner, as one of the “individuals or groups who were involved in or may have knowledge of third-party political outreach from the Kremlin to the Trump campaign.”

Two days later, McClatchy newspapers cited two anonymous sources who claimed that Mitchell expressed concerns just after the election that Russians had funneled secret cash to the National Rifle Association.

The origin of the claims about Mitchell, which she says are a “complete fabrication,” have remained a mystery for months. But notes taken during a meeting between Department of Justice official Bruce Ohr and Glenn Simpson, the founder of Fusion GPS, could shed light on how the allegations made their way into the public sphere.

The Daily Caller News Foundation has learned that during a Dec. 10, 2016, meeting in Washington, D.C., Simpson told Ohr that Mitchell learned of and was troubled by Russian funding for the NRA.

“An NRA lawyer named Cleta Mitchell found out about the money pipeline and was very upset, but the election was over,” Simpson said, according to Ohr’s handwritten notes, which were read to TheDCNF by a government source.

Simpson’s claim to Ohr about Mitchell closely matched a March 15 article published by McClatchy reporters Greg Gordon and Peter Stone. Like Simpson’s statement to Ohr, the article made the false assertion that Mitchell is currently a lawyer for the NRA, but she hasn’t had a relationship with the organization for years.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Daily Caller notes another thing for Glenn Simpson to worry about if he talks to congress

Simpson has already given sworn interviews to both Senate and House committees which should give him plenty to worry about.

And he is plenty worried. The ketter from his lawyer says he will invoke First and Fifth Amendment privileges to not testify.

Link

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
more Papadopoulos tweets

Australian media has noted and confirmed on air that “the professor”, Joseph Mifsud, the man who told me about “emails” does indeed have connections to the British MI6. This keeps getting weirder by the day.

If Australia’s highly respectable media is indeed correct in their reporting on the “professor”, I don’t think the US-UK security partnership will ever be the same. Very big problem for MI6 to be running operations against Americans and opposition presidential campaigns.