SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
I watched for a second and saw a smug person full of himself that needs to be bitch slapped into submission.

When President Trump finally steps in I hope he goes full scorched earth.

I think this pretty much covers it.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I will say that carefully watching Strzok's face for microexpressions was entertaining, enlightening, and also really scary. That guy is dangerous, and he's angry.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I will say that carefully watching Strzok's face for microexpressions was entertaining, enlightening, and also really scary. That guy is dangerous, and he's angry.

As I watch the news clips of the hearing today that has been my thought as well.
Strzok appears very unstable.
I would hope they have undercover officers following him, just in case he acts out.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
If there are no criminal referrals-- they won. Unfortunately, it's in the hands of Jeff Sessions, and both his thumbs are up his ass.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I'll believe that there are consequences when Strzok is dangling from a gallows and Page is selling her ass in a three peso per go brothel in Matamoros.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
There is a lengthy recitation of players and time lines, along with some conjecture and filling in between lines, etc. found at https://theconservativetreehou...empting-to-conflate/

I don’t regard this necessarily as the actual real true story, but there is a great deal of factual info, dates, names, etc. from which inferences might be drawn, motives and opportunities considered.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
When the TV docu drama is made, maybe Strzok will be played by Efrem Zimbalist, Jr.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Since both Comey and Strzok have refused to acknowledge that the Clinton campaign funded the dossier, here is a repost of that information.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.0d022682d3d5

Clinton campaign, DNC paid for research that led to Russia dossier

The Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee helped fund research that resulted in a now-famous dossier containing allegations about President Trump's connections to Russia and possible coordination between his campaign and the Kremlin, people familiar with the matter said.

Marc E. Elias, a lawyer representing the Clinton campaign and the DNC, retained Fusion GPS, a Washington firm, to conduct the research.

After that, Fusion GPS hired dossier author Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence officer with ties to the FBI and the U.S. intelligence community, according to those people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Elias and his law firm, Perkins Coie, retained the company in April 2016 on behalf of the Clinton campaign and the DNC. Before that agreement, Fusion GPS's research into Trump was funded by an unknown Republican client during the GOP primary.

The Clinton campaign and the DNC, through the law firm, continued to fund Fusion GPS's research through the end of October 2016, days before Election Day.

Fusion GPS gave Steele's reports and other research documents to Elias, the people familiar with the matter said. It is unclear how or how much of that information was shared with the campaign and the DNC and who in those organizations was aware of the roles of Fusion GPS and Steele. One person close to the matter said the campaign and the DNC were not informed by the law firm of Fusion GPS's role.

The Clinton campaign paid Perkins Coie $5.6 million in legal fees from June 2015 to December 2016, according to campaign finance records, and the DNC paid the firm $3.6 million in "legal and compliance consulting'' since November 2015 — though it's impossible to tell from the filings how much of that work was for other legal matters and how much of it related to Fusion GPS.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

I also saw the face of a liar. A liar who knew most people knew he was lying but thought that if he performed his act well enough it would all soon be better.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I watched a couple videos of it.
Found it extremely maddening.

A quick gavel strike might help whenever a "point of order" or "parliamentary point of order" is injected.

Goodlatte did much better than I would. Those 2 pricks (from NY and RI) would've been bitch-slapped for interrupting me as often as they did.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I agree with all that I have read. A complete shit show. A total waste of time.

Sessions won't do a thing which leaves everything up to Rosenstein, and we all know how that will turn out.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

I also saw the face of a liar. A liar who knew most people knew he was lying but thought that if he performed his act well enough it would all soon be better.

Yep. Watching where he looked to “recall” things, he had what looked like two different places his eyes would dart to. He would look either left or right, accompanied by different facial expressions. But when they asked him the first questions to do with the Clintons, he looked straight up at the ceiling, repeatedly.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Twitter user Holly Bowie's actual video tape of Strzok at the hearing:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1017551128014225413

See BamaJeepster's GIF, above.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Evil MF’er

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Analyze body language and facial expressions all you want. Dog and pony show on both sides starring Trey Gowdy and Peter Strozk as leading men and a whole cast of supporting players. It’s like watching It’s A Mad Mad Mad World.
Gowdy knows he can do nothing to reach out and touch Strozk even if he actually wanted to. Strozk shows what some are calling arrogance but I see it as someone supremely confident in already knowing the outcome of all this and knowing he walks away. So he figures he might as well play his role. Next up for him are book deals and the talk show circuit and lots of cash coming in.

Probably will wind up as a expert commentator on CNN or MSNBC. This reminds me of the O.J. spectacle where a few unknowns made high paying careers out of a public legal scandal that in the end yielded no justice but only careers for some of the participants.

We will be seeing and hearing Strozk for a long time to come is my guess.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

Probably will wind up as a expert commentator on CNN or MSNBC. This reminds me of the O.J. spectacle where a few unknowns made high paying careers out of a public legal scandal that in the end yielded no justice but only careers for some of the participants.

We will be seeing and hearing Strozk for a long time to come is my guess.

Don’t forget Detective Fuhrman, guilty of perjury.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
lastmanstanding, how does your cynicism help matters? I, for one, don't want to read this defeatist crap.

Tell us again how it's all for nothing and how he won't be touched. I can't get enough of all that negativity. After all, it's the reason that members open these threads- to hear how we're totally screwed and how everything is a joke or pointless and all of our causes are lost.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

this is the man responsible for Gen Flynn pleading guilty. Glad they waited on sentencing, this act should be part of the exculpatory evidence. Can't believe the interviewer...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post