SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://thegreggjarrett.com/tr...tm_source=socialflow

Trump attorney accuses Mueller of ‘monstrous lie and scheme to defraud’

John Dowd, one of the lead lawyers who represented President Trump during Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian collusion, said Tuesday that the special counsel engineered a perjury trap for Trump in the exact same way that James Comey’s FBI invented a trap for former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

Mueller’s scheme was the same one captured in the (newly released) FBI set-up notes pertaining to Flynn. They knew they had nothing, but using their official power they created and perpetuated the facade of an investigation,” said Dowd.

In an extensive interview on Tuesday, Dowd explained to me how his commitment of cooperation and transparency in dealing with Mueller was eventually turned against the president, as the special counsel “misled” Trump’s legal team in order to manufacture a crime where none existed.

According to Dowd, Mueller learned early in his investigation that there was no evidence of Trump-Russia collusion to influence the 2016 presidential election . He admitted it during a meeting with the president’s lawyers on March 5, 2018 . So, Mueller shifted to a legally contorted interpretation of obstruction of justice in order to keep his investigation afloat.

On Tuesday, Dowd elaborated on how the special counsel deceived the Trump team:

“As I look back, we had the most perfect trusting relationship with Mueller based on his word and handshake , which held throughout. No paper. Word was solid. They received everything they asked for without a hitch or page missing, including the most intimate notes of conversations with and by POTUS (President of the United States). Every witness they requested testified truthfully. No lying. No grand jury testimony. Mueller affirmed all of this in our March 5 (2018) meeting. How could there be a whisper of obstruction under these circumstances?”

Despite no evidence of an underlying crime, Mueller insisted that the president be interviewed by the special counsel. Dowd knew it was a trap. Mueller had done it to Flynn and others. He was clearly angling for obstruction of justice and hoping to ensnare the president in the equivalent of a perjury trap if he consented to be interviewed.

But obstructing what? Mueller readily acknowledged that there was no underlying crime. Moreover, Trump had encouraged every witness connected to his campaign and the White House to testify. He voluntarily produced more than a million pages of documents. The special counsel’s investigation had proceeded unimpeded.

As Mueller persisted, Trump’s lawyer realized that he had been conned all along. On Tuesday, Dowd was unsparing in his scorn for Mueller and his unscrupulous tactics:

“That is when I knew he had lied to me in our original meeting (June 16, 2017) and every meeting thereafter. Robert Mueller —‘D.C.’s great man’ — completely and deliberately misled us in order to set up a perjury/false statement trap for POTUS . It was a monstrous lie and scheme to defraud.”

Dowd shared with me numerous documents and letters supporting his accusations against Mueller. They paint a vivid picture of a special counsel determined to damage the president with an investigation bereft of any credible evidence.

In the March 5, 2018, meeting, the special counsel suggested that maybe Trump’s firing of Comey (Mueller’s longtime friend, partner and ally) might constitute obstruction of justice. This was especially ludicrous since both Comey and deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe had testified that no one had obstructed the bureau’s investigation and that the probe had continued uninterrupted after Comey’s departure.

Dowd patiently explained to Mueller that the firing had been an exercise of presidential authority under the Constitution and could not, by definition, establish obstruction. Even Comey had confirmed this. Trump had sacked the director for repeated violations of FBI regulations in his mishandling the Hillary Clinton email scandal and on the recommendation of the deputy attorney general, as well as several former attorneys general and deputy attorneys general from different eras and both political parties.

Yet, Mueller would not relent. This led to an angry confrontation between the special counsel and Dowd that is recounted in my book, “Witch Hunt: The Story Of The Greatest Mass Delusion In American Political History” (page 222, Chapter 5):

Mueller: I have to look at obstruction.

Dowd: You want to look at obstruction in the firing of Comey? I’ll tell you who our first witnesses will be: the attorney general, the deputy attorney general and the White House counsel. They all urged the president to fire Comey. He was off the rails in his handling of the Clinton email case.

Mueller: We may pursue a grand jury subpoena to compel the president to testify.

Dowd (pounds his fist on the table): You’ve got nothing! Go ahead! I can’t wait for you to try. You’ve got no leg to stand on.

Jay Sekulow, another of President Trump’s lawyers, attended that meeting and confirmed to me this account of the heated exchange, which was also reflected in his handwritten notes.

At the same meeting, Mueller became so desperate that he broached the absurd idea of how Trump’s public criticism of the special counsel might be construed somehow as an obstructive act. Dowd felt that Mueller and his subordinates were now living in an alternative universe where their version of the law bore no resemblance to statutes, Supreme Court decisions, and accepted constitutional law.

They acted like crybabies who were offended that someone dared to criticize them, so they instinctively labeled it obstruction,” Dowd told me last year. He added, “It was insane.”

One of the most insightful documents Dowd shared with me recently was a letter to Mueller dated Feb. 16, 2018, in which Trump’s legal team argued persuasively how the FBI’s counterintelligence investigation was predicated on Russian disinformation secretly fed to ex-British spy Christopher Steele, who composed a phony anti-Trump “dossier” that was paid for by the Hillary Clinton campaign and Democrats.

Just last month, more than two years after Dowd’s letter, declassified documents were released proving that Kremlin-sponsored disinformation drove the collusion case. Comey and his confederates deliberately exploited what they knew to be untrue and discredited information. They used it as a pretext to spy on the Trump campaign and investigate the president. This led to the illegitimate appointment of the special counsel, Bob Mueller, who launched an investigation in search of a crime that never occurred. As Dowd correctly stated in his letter, the special counsel appointment was “void” because it was the product of corruption.

On Tuesday, Dowd called Mueller’s investigation and report a sham. “They knew there was nothing there.” Dowd said that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein also knew it and is “just as guilty.”

Dowd said he hopes that U.S. Attorney John Durham, who is currently investigating the Russia hoax, would hold all of them to account for their rampant corruption and dishonesty. “Their three-year investigation was all phony,” he observed.

Trump’s attorney concluded our conversation with these words:

“They knew there was nothing to investigate. People subverted the system of justice. One corrupt act after another. It’s staggering. The lies were monstrous. It was all pretense and fraud. Mueller should not walk. Rod Rosenstein should not walk.”

And neither should James Comey, Andrew McCabe and disgraced ex-FBI agent Peter Strzok.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Robert Mueller - a national disgrace. Forever marked in history as attempting to overthrow an elected U.S. President based on fabrications, lies, and dirty tricks

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XV7DCMQORrE" width="640"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That was interessting!

Thanks for posting.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
coming to Flynn's defense

https://twitter.com/ProfMJClev.../1266327568992669696

@McAdooGordon , as attorney for amici curiae, "federal practitioners,"--of whom I am honored to be one as is @WisenbergSol
--filed brief w/ Judge Sullivan arguing he must grant gov't motion to dismiss charge against @GenFlynn

Margot Cleveland:

And what I'm most proud of is that, unlike the amici curiae opposing the motion to dismiss, our brief doesn't make a political statement--it is pure law.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
<snip>
Margot Cleveland:

And what I'm most proud of is that, unlike the amici curiae opposing the motion to dismiss, our brief doesn't make a political statement--it is pure law.

Heh, heh, a fully justified insult of the opposition motion.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://theconservativetreehou...scripts/#more-193040

DNI Ratcliffe releases Flynn-Kislyak transcripts

https://www.grassley.senate.go...20Transcripts%29.pdf

nothing seems bothersome to me in the transcripts

Sidney Powell:

The transcripts of General Flynn’s calls with Ambassador Kislyak released today by Senator Grassley prove there was no conceivable “Logan Act” violation—nothing wrong at all with General Flynn’s conversations with the Ambassador. In fact, General Flynn should be applauded for asking for “cooler heads to prevail” and trying to keep things on “an even keel”—encouraging the mutual interest of Russia and the United States in stability in the Middle East and fighting radical Islam. The conduct of the FBI, certain members of the

DOJ, the Special Counsel Operation, and those in the House, Senate and elsewhere who have obstructed the release of the truth have all obstructed justice and put this man, his family, and the entire country through three years of hell—for their LIES and deceit.

There are no words sufficient to convey our disgust and disdain for all those responsible in any way for this baseless and purely evil persecution.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sen Grassley:

Undercover Huber:

Flynn spent ~4 mins talking about expulsions with Kislyak while on a beach vacation with lousy cell reception

In between the call & the FBI interview, he probably had at least another 1,000 calls as incoming NSA

If FBI cared about what he said, they’d have shown the transcript

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Techno Fog:

Flynn relays his goals about the Russia/US relationship.

Flynn: "We will not achieve stability in the Middle East without working with each other against this radical Islamist crowd."

It was never about collusion.

Flynn (transcript): "I know you have to have some sort of action... Make it reciprocal."

Flynn recollection to agents (302): my response to Kislyak "wasn't 'Don't do anything.'"

Now it should be obvious why DOJ Prosecutor Brandon Van Grack defied a Court order to produce the transcripts.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
And what is Judge Sullivan going to say about the transcripts?
So Flynn sold out his country?
GFY.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

After a 38-year career with the Justice Department, the FBI's top lawyer Dana Boente was asked to resign on Friday . Two sources familiar with the decision to dismiss Boente said it came from high levels of the Justice Department rather than directly from FBI Director Christopher Wray.

A spokesman for the FBI confirmed to NBC News that Boente did in fact resign on Friday.

Boente also said in a recently leaked memo that material put into the public record about Flynn was not exculpatory for the former national security advisor. The memo undermines the Justice Department's latest position that material about Flynn was mishandled by prosecutors.

Fox Business host Lou Dobbs said on April 27 that, "Shocking new reports suggest F.B.I. General Counsel Dana Boente day was acting in coordination with F.B.I. Director Christopher Wray to block the release of that evidence that would have cleared General Flynn."

Wray formally asked for Boente's resignation, but the decision to end his tenure at the FBI came from Attorney General William Barr's Justice Department, which oversees the FBI, according to two sources.

A spokesman for the FBI said Boente announced on Friday his decision to retire, which will take effect June 30.

"Few people have served so well in so many critical, high-level roles at the Department," Wray said in a statement. "Throughout his long and distinguished career as a public servant, Dana has demonstrated a selfless determination to ensure that justice is always served on behalf of our citizens."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

a number of people suspected Boente's role in the coup attempt

Boente signed for DoJ on the second extension of the FISA warrant against Carter Page (April 2017)

The last two FBI General Counsels have been forced to leave the position.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Techno Fog:

Boente was on the front lines - fighting to keep evidence showing how the FBI targeted Flynn - from Flynn's defense team.

Brady materials they were legally entitled to.

From NYT:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Christopher Wray says Boente is retiring after serving for 38 years

The circumstances of his departure are not clear. NBC News first reported on Boente’s retirement, saying he was asked to resign and citing pressure from the Justice Department over the FBI’s handling of the case against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

The Justice Department declined to comment.

Boente, prior to serving as FBI general counsel, served as acting attorney general, acting deputy attorney general, acting assistant attorney general of the National Security Division at the Justice Department, and as the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia.

“Few people have served so well in so many critical, high-level roles at the Department,” Wray said, adding that throughout his “long and distinguished career as a public servant,” Boente “has demonstrated a selfless determination to ensure that justice is always served on behalf of our citizens.”

“We should all be grateful for his dedication to the Department of Justice, the FBI, and the American people,” Wray continued. “As a colleague and a friend, I wish Dana the very best as he begins the next chapter in his life.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...rom-bureau-wray-says

? Fired or retired ?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://dailycaller.com/2020/0...ring-rod-rosenstein/

Chuck Schumer on Friday called on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to cancel a hearing next week for Rod Rosenstein, the former deputy attorney general who launched the special counsel’s investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Schumer accused Republicans of holding the Rosenstein hearing to “chase wild conspiracy theories” in order to help President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign.

“With our country in crisis, Senate Republicans have become a conspiracy caucus,” Schumer wrote in a letter to his fellow Democrats on Friday. “Leader McConnell should instruct these committees to cancel these conspiracy hearings.”

Like many congressional Democrats, Schumer advanced the now-debunked conspiracy theory that the Trump campaign colluded with the Kremlin to influence the 2016 election.

“On guns and on Russian collusion investigation, the silence of my Republican Senate colleagues is deafening,” he tweeted on Feb. 18, 2018.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Hey Chuck....FUCK YOU, you Anti-American POS!!!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8788 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'll add a total friggin' hypocrite!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
The noose is tightening.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 236 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope they fillet Rosenstein with the truth. They should drag his ass across the coals for hours and fact check every word he utters.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Lots of info coming out. Keep checking CTH and undercoverhuber on twitter.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Adam Housley broke the FBI story in 2017 when he was with Fox News. He has good sources.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Lots of info coming out. Keep checking CTH and undercoverhuber on twitter.

More excellent work by ‘sundance’ at CTH -

BOOM – Dana Boente Removed! – FBI Chief Legal Counsel Forced to Resign…

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Wray should be fired. He has done nothing to restore public trust regarding the FBI. In fact he has reduced that trust by his total lack of any recognition of how terrible the FBI leadership acted under the obama administration and into the Trump administration.

Andy McCarthy article:

https://www.washingtonexaminer...on/exposing-the-hoax

Exposing the hoax

I am a bit confused by his ending:

There are two lessons to be drawn from all this.

First, Barr could not be more right that the malfeasance in our government today is the politicization of law enforcement and intelligence. The only way to fix that is to stop doing it. That cannot be accomplished by bringing what many would see as the most politicized prosecution of all time. The imperative to get the Justice Department and the FBI out of our politics discourages the filing of charges that would be portrayed as banana-republic stuff. Yet, even if Barr succeeds in this noble quest, there is no assurance that a future administration would not turn the clock back.

Second, when wayward officials are not called to account, the powers they have abused become the target of public and congressional ire. The problem is that the powers are essential. Without properly directed foreign counterintelligence, supplemented by legitimate law enforcement, the United States cannot be protected from those who would do her harm.

The Trump-Russia farce has destroyed the bipartisan consensus on counterterrorism, and on the need for aggressive policing against cyberintrusions and other provocations by America’s enemies. There is an implicit understanding: The public endows its national security officials with sweeping secret authorities, and those officials solemnly commit that these authorities will only be used to thwart our enemies, not to spy on Americans or undermine the political process.

That understanding has been fractured. In counterintelligence, government operatives have to be able to look us in the eye and say, “You can trust us.” Americans no longer do. The sentiment is justified. That will not make our consequent vulnerability any less perilous.

xxxxxxxxxxx

He seems to be arguing that we should not push for prosecutions

"The only way to fix that is to stop doing it. That cannot be accomplished by bringing what many would see as the most politicized prosecution of all time. "

That sounds really stupid. Maybe I just don't understand

The only way we stop it is to hammer the people who attempted the coup.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
sdy, on the case, in their face, scopin' it out.

On a mission

Fishin'

Pull 'em out the water, watch 'em flop about

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
^^^
Yep, I'd hate to have sdy on my case! Hell no!

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post