SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
McCabe was asked to review parts of the IG report, so some of his actions should be in the report.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“…
But the circus surrounding the release of a report by Michael Horowitz, the department's inspector general, is likely to center on new information about a former FBI informant that the public will see for the first time.

Attorney General Bill Barr ordered the unmasking of blacked-out information about Christopher Steele, according to The New Yiork Times, giving the former British intelligence officer little notice and no practical information about what could be made public…”

https://mol.im/a/7771891

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
How To Prepare For The Impending Justice Department Inspector General Report

What can we expect from Inspector General Michael Horowitz's probe into abuses at the Department of Justice and FBI? For starters, don't get your hopes up.

https://thefederalist.com/2019...ctor-general-report/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
IG report is out

see it at

https://oig.justice.gov/

Review of Four FISA Applications and Other Aspects of the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane Investigation

476 pages

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The IG Report is a joke. It actually says StrokeIt and Page had no political bias. Ridiculous.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The IG Report is a joke. It actually says StrokeIt and Page had no political bias. Ridiculous.

Did you really expect anything different? As soon as Page came out from under her rock a week or so ago, I knew the game.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm shocked that an Obama appointee, Horowitz, found NO bias in his fellow Democrats. SHOCKED! Roll Eyes

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Some of it is actually pretty damning from what I'm hearing.

Particularly, the FBI used only the Steele dossier for their warrant. That and only that. And they never bothered to verify it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
first scan thru the summary is very disappointing

The FBI did indeed spy on the Trump campaign and the IG acts like this is SOP

Glenn Simpson and Jonathan Winer declined requests for voluntary interviews, "we were unable to compel their testimony"

pg 458
Steele told the FBI that he only provided this information to the business associate and the FBI

business associate = Glenn Simpson

Steele lied to the FBI. He briefed numerous media sources before the first FISC warrant

even w so early scanning, it shows what a profound injustice these warrants were against Carter Page

IG found 7 significant inaccuracies in the first warrant and a total of 17 by the final renewal

(p453)

The report keeps mentioning that Carter Page had a "prior relationship" with another U.S. govt agency, and Page was an approved as an operational contact from 2008 to 2013.

I wonder what "agency" that would be

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

remember Comey saying the dossier wasn't all that important to the warrants ?

IG writes that FBI and DoJ said the Steele reports pushed the FISA proposal "over the line" in terms of probable cause

So the warrants only happened because of Clinton funded fabrications

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thank God Durham isn’t a Zippy appointee.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
well, its obvious we aren't going to get any justice from the DoJ

perhaps its time for the people to take justice into their own hands and do it right

the hired help isn't working

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

perhaps its time for the people to take justice into their own hands and do it right

Let us know when you start

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I can tell you that anyone who comes into this thread and starts with the cynicism is going to run into a brick wall named parabellum.

In the words of Yogi Berra, 'it ain't over 'til it's over' and it ain't over. Just be cool.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
well, its obvious we aren't going to get any justice from the DoJ

the hired help isn't working

Have some faith.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-wake-of-fisa-report
US Attorney Durham objects to IG findings on Russia probe origins in stunning statement
Alex Pappas By Alex Pappas | Fox News

The 476-page report finds no evidence of political bias or intentional misconduct, but finds 17 'significant errors or omissions' in FISA applications; David Spunt reports from the Justice Department.

The U.S. attorney who is conducting a wide-ranging investigation of the origins of the Trump-Russia probe released a rare statement Monday saying he disagrees with conclusions of the so-called FISA report -- after DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz found in that review that the probe's launch largely complied with DOJ and FBI policies.

“Based on the evidence collected to date, and while our investigation is ongoing, last month we advised the Inspector General that we do not agree with some of the report’s conclusions as to predication and how the FBI case was opened,” U.S. Attorney John Durham said in a statement.

Horowitz released his report Monday saying his investigators found no intentional misconduct or political bias surrounding efforts to launch that 2016 probe and to seek a highly controversial Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant to monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page in the early months of the investigation. Still, it found that there were "significant concerns with how certain aspects of the investigation were conducted and supervised."

“I have the utmost respect for the mission of the Office of Inspector General and the comprehensive work that went into the report prepared by Mr. Horowitz and his staff,” Durham said. “However, our investigation is not limited to developing information from within component parts of the Justice Department. Our investigation has included developing information from other persons and entities, both in the U.S. and outside of the U.S.”

As Horowitz has conducted his review of DOJ actions during the Russia probe, Durham, the U.S. attorney for Connecticut, has also been conducting a wider inquiry into alleged misconduct and alleged improper government surveillance on the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential election.

Fox News reported in October that Durham's ongoing probe has transitioned into a full-fledged criminal investigation.

Meanwhile, Attorney General William Barr ripped the FBI’s “intrusive” investigation after the release of Horowitz’s review, saying it was launched based on the “thinnest of suspicions.”

“The Inspector General’s report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken,” Barr said in a statement.

Barr expressed frustration that the FBI continued investigating the Trump campaign, even as “exculpatory” came to the light.

“It is also clear that, from its inception, the evidence produced by the investigation was consistently exculpatory,” Barr said. “Nevertheless, the investigation and surveillance was pushed forward for the duration of the campaign and deep into President Trump’s administration.”

Former Special Counsel Robert Mueller acknowledged in his report that investigators did not find evidence of a conspiracy between Trump’s campaign and the Russians in 2016 – which the FBI probed extensively.

Barr said the FISA report shows a “clear abuse” of the surveillance process.

“In the rush to obtain and maintain FISA surveillance of Trump campaign associates, FBI officials misled the FISA court, omitted critical exculpatory facts from their filings, and suppressed or ignored information negating the reliability of their principal source,” Barr said.

He added, “The Inspector General found the explanations given for these actions unsatisfactory. While most of the misconduct identified by the Inspector General was committed in 2016 and 2017 by a small group of now-former FBI officials, the malfeasance and misfeasance detailed in the Inspector General’s report reflects a clear abuse of the FISA process.”

Monday’s FISA report dealing with the investigation into Trump’s campaign has long been expected. Horowitz in September submitted a draft of the report to Barr and the FBI so they could identify any classified information. But it had not been publicly released until now.

The release comes as Washington has been consumed with an impeachment inquiry into President Trump. The House Judiciary Committee is holding the inquiry’s latest hearing Monday, days after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Democrats are moving forward with plans to bring articles of impeachment against the president over his dealings with Ukraine.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't understand this either.

I was hoping the IG would really parse the "insurance policy" text. That has been a centerpiece of public discourse. Yet, a word search of the whole document shows NO mention of the word "insurance" anywhere.

I have heard and read Lisa Page's explanations but they all seem like gobbledygook.

I don't know how the IG could thoroughly investigate political bias and not address this issue head on.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I downloaded the report and am reading it now

the executive summary is a joke - it dances around everything and exonerates the seditionists

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would try different search parameters. Comey does not show up, but corney does.

It does seem pretty bad. we did not investigate the campaign. we investigated 4 people around it though. but not the campaign. the summary is almost contradictory from the little I have read.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
first scan thru the summary is very disappointing

The FBI did indeed spy on the Trump campaign and the IG acts like this is SOP

Yep, nothing to see here, says IG. lol
Thankfully Barr and Durham are not fooled.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
The fact that Durham and Barr immediately release statements that they disagree with the IG report is heartening. They did not let the Democrat propaganda machines any time to take control of the message and spin it their way. I think Durham and Barr understand the gravity of what the FBI, etc. did.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post