SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sorry, is it time to yell "Yahtzee" or what? I'm lost.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
John Solomon was on Hannity Thursday night.

Solomon:

I can report absolutely that the Durham investigators have now obtained an audio-taped deposition of Joseph Mifsud where he describes his work, why he targeted Papadopoulos, who directed him to do that, what directions he was given and why he set that entire process of introducing George Papadopoulos to Russia in motion in March of 2016. Which is really the flashpoint the start point of this whole Russia collusion narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...inue=2&v=0FGzYpJTieg

==========================================

I'm assuming this tape in the hands of Durham will at least precipitate some news attention on the origin. The real deal will be if/when a grand jury is assembled.

tick tock tick tock

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Why is Mifsud testimony significant ?

It might show that the entire FBI investigation into the Trump campaign was a set up. A frame job from the very beginning.

There was no valid reason to even begin.

It is not clear yet who directed Mifsud to talk to Papadopoulos in April of 2016. There are several possibilities. CIA, FBI, UK intel, Italian intel, ?

The FBI and Mueller version of the Mifsud story is inconsistent and illogical even more than everything else they claim. Comey claims Mifsud is a Russian agent.

Comey and Mueller have reported that the FBI (Strzok) counterintelligence operation into the Trump campaign started because a foreign diplomat told them that Papadopoulos "knew" the Russians had Clinton emails and they would use them to hurt the Clinton campaign.

The FBI claimed that Papadopoulos knew this in April 2016. Most of the attention has been directed by the FBI and Mueller onto Australian diplomat Alexander Downer. He is the one who reported that Papadopoulos had knowledge of the Russians having compromising info on Clinton.

The FBI and Mueller have always directed attention away from Joseph Mifsud. The stories of George Papadopoulos, Alexander Downer, and Joseph Mifsud all disagree. They are all saying critically different things.

Mueller and the FBI never resolved any of those differences.

Papadopoulos' book is a good read. IMO, he inflates his contributions to the Trump campaign, but those exaggerations are not relevant to the meat of the book. Over and over strange incidences occurred where multiple people tried to get him to talk about the Clinton emails and the campaign working w the Russians. For those major parts of the book, the book is entirely consistent w Papadopoulos' sworn testimony to congress. Many times the book is verbatim of his testimony.

Mifsud has been in hiding for 2 years.

What is very important now is that John Solomon is emphatically reporting that Prosecutor Durham has been given an audio deposition by Mifsud. The audio addresses why he targeted Papadopoulos and who directed him to do it.

There is a possibility that Mifsud was a spy just like Stefan Halper. A spy controlled by some combination of U.S. and western intel agencies.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm curious what is in these transcripts that they are still being hidden.

"Gowdy Urges Release Of FBI Informant Transcript, Says ‘There Are Going To Be Others’"

https://www.dailycaller.com/20...papadopoulos-halper/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
DoJ was supposed to give Judicial Watch copies of the Bruce Ohr 302 interviews w the FBI, but they have asked for extra time.

From Chuck Ross:

DOJ is asking for 3-day extension to finish redactions on Bruce Ohr 302s

"DOJ is still engaged in internal discussions about the redactions necessary to release the requested records to the public. DOJ is endeavoring to release the requested records, which are the subject of significant public attention...with as few redactions as possible."

I think these 302s will shed some light on how Bruce Ohr acted as conduit for passing info from Christopher Steele to the FBI. (after the FBI had supposedly "fired" Steele on 1 Nov 2016)

posted Hide Post
I’m
quote:
DoJ was supposed to give Judicial Watch copies of the Bruce Ohr 302 interviews w the FBI, but they have asked for extra time.

From Chuck Ross:

"DOJ is still engaged in internal discussions about the redactions necessary to release the requested records to the public. DOJ is endeavoring to release the requested records, which are the subject of significant public attention...with as few redactions as possible."

I think these 302s will shed some light on how Bruce Ohr acted as conduit for passing info from Christopher Steele to the FBI. (after the FBI had supposedly "fired" Steele on 1 Nov 2016)

BS. They could do it in 10 minutes if they wanted to.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I've been wondering when this was going to happen. The Department of INjustice will probably settle for a few million.

"Peter Strzok Sues DOJ And FBI Over Firing, Claims His Anti-Trump Texts Were Protected Free Speech"

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...zok-lawsuit-doj-fbi/

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
I’m
quote:

From Chuck Ross:

BS. They could do it in 10 minutes if they wanted to.

Why redact a damned thing? All they do is black out the stuff that proves the collusion on the part of the swamp dwellers, including a shit load of RINOs.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I've been wondering when this was going to happen. The Department of INjustice will probably settle for a few million.

"Peter Strzok Sues DOJ And FBI Over Firing, Claims His Anti-Trump Texts Were Protected Free Speech"

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...zok-lawsuit-doj-fbi/

The divorce must have cost him bigly!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post

Other LEOs have been fired recently for making inappropriate comments. Not exactly the same as this guy’s, but I wonder if this article is applicable:

“How posting anti-anything comments could make cops career casualties of Brady v. Maryland.”

https://www.policeone.com/firs...of-brady-v-maryland/

If an LEO can be fired for social media posts, why not for texts?

A summary statement from the article:
“The petitioner may have a constitutional right to talk politics, but he has no constitutional right to be a policeman.”
McAuliffe v. Mayor of New Bedford, 29 N.E. 517(1892)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Other LEOs have been fired recently for making inappropriate comments. Not exactly the same as this guy’s, but I wonder if this article is applicable:

“How posting anti-anything comments could make cops career casualties of Brady v. Maryland.”

https://www.policeone.com/firs...of-brady-v-maryland/

If an LEO can be fired for social media posts, why not for texts?

A summary statement from the article:
“The petitioner may have a constitutional right to talk politics, but he has no constitutional right to be a policeman.”
McAuliffe v. Mayor of New Bedford, 29 N.E. 517(1892)

The texts were made using government issued smart phones. He doesn't have a prayer, as the case law on this is clear: Anything sent or received using a government issued phone isn't protected speech and he has no right to privacy. He's screwed far worse than if he made inappropriate posts on social media on his own time and using his own smart phone or computer. Big Grin

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Agreed. It always shocked me how brazen they were. Saying those things on government phones while on the job, while supposedly "investigating" both their heroine Hillary and then their nemesis Trump, just crazy.

No bias though. Roll Eyes

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Looks like Gordon won't be stepping in as acting DNI. That's a good thing, she has swamp stink all over her.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...-gordon-out-at-odni/

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Former SEAL, retired VADM in as acting DNI. Sounds good to me.

Trump Picks Counterterrorism Chief as Interim Intel Head

President Donald Trump said Joseph Maguire, head of the National Counterterrorism Center, will take over as Acting Director of National Intelligence when Dan Coats leaves the post next week.

Maguire has had a “long and distinguished” career in the military, Trump said in a pair of tweets late Thursday. “He commanded at every level, including the Naval Special Warfare Command. He has also served as a National Security Fellow at Harvard University. I have no doubt he will do a great job!”

Trump’s tweet came shortly after he announced that Sue Gordon -- the deputy director of national intelligence -- will resign this months along with Coats, her boss. Gordon would have been next in line to serve as acting director until the Senate confirmed Trump’s choice for a permanent replacement.

Several Trump allies outside the White House had urged the president to remove Gordon, a career intelligence officer, describing her as too close to former CIA Director John Brennan. Brennan has publicly criticized Trump’s leadership, and the president in turn has called him “the worst CIA director in our country’s history.”

Trump had told reporters Friday that he liked Gordon “very much” and said he might appoint her acting director.

But after House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff, a California Democrat, praised Gordon last month, Donald Trump Jr. tweeted, “If Adam Schiff wants her in there, the rumors about her being besties with Brennan and the rest of the clown cadre must be 100% true.”

Trump’s first choice to replace Coats, Representative John Ratcliffe of Texas, withdrew from consideration following public scrutiny of his qualifications for the job and his denunciation of former Special Counsel Robert Mueller at a House hearing.

It’s unclear whom Trump is considering for director of national intelligence, but he has recently spoken with Fred Fleitz, a former chief of staff for the National Security Council. Representative Devin Nunes advised Trump on possible selections but isn’t under consideration himself, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Administration officials also have discussed former Republican Representative Pete Hoekstra for the position, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Trump has indicated he wanted a political loyalist to take charge of the nation’s intelligence community, regarded by some of the president’s allies and supporters as part of a “deep state” intent on undermining him. Attorney General William Barr has opened an investigation of what he has said was “spying” on Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.

“We need somebody strong that can really rein it in,” Trump said last month. “Because as I think you’ve all learned, the intelligence agencies have run amok.”

Gordon’s departure may heighten debate among lawmakers about whether the intelligence agencies are being subjected to political interference.

Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina, the Republican chairman of the Senate Intelligence panel that will act on an eventually nominee to replace Coats, said in a statement that Gordon’s departure is “a significant loss for our intelligence community.” But he later added praise of Maguire, saying “I have confidence in his ability to step into this crucial role.”

But Senator Mark Warner of Virginia, the panel’s top Democrat, said in a statement citing the consecutive resignations of Coats and then Gordon that “once again, the president has shown that he has no problem prioritizing his political ego even if it comes at the expense of our national security."​

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...ad?srnd=politics-vpI

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Heavily redacted Bruce Ohr 302s are out.

link here:

https://www.judicialwatch.org/...-doj-ohr-302s-02107/

I went thru the material quickly. Didn't see anything earth shattering, but the whole Christopher Steele thing continually looks ever more divorced from facts.

Ohr reports that Glen Simpson told him a number of things straight from the dossier. Such as :

- Cohen was the go between between the Russians and the Trump campaign (wrong of course)

- Alfa bank servers were being used by the Trump campaign to communicate w Russia (wrong again)

- Russians may have funneled money to the NRA for the Trump campaign (wrong again)

- Sergei Millian was a Russian intel officer (Mueller never said that. wrong again)

In Feb 2017 Steele was drafting a proposal to broker a business relationship w the FBI (a proposal from a guy who got everything wrong in his dossier)

Steele was feeling better because CNN was reporting that the Govt investigations had confirmed some of his reporting (some of this is so silly it makes you wonder how smart these operators are)

The redactions seem ridiculous. Steele's name is redacted a lot, and then later his name is identified. A lot of this material was addressed in Ohr's congressional testimony. I think some things in the publicly released testimony are redacted in this 302 release.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“Sen. Lindsey Graham is blasting new revelations that the FBI continued to use the golden showers dossier developed by ex-British intelligence officer Christopher Steele to renew warrants to monitor a member of Donald Trump's circle.

The South Carolina Republican called new documents about Justice Department official Bruce Ohr's contact with Steele 'the tip of the ice berg,' adding: 'I know personally there's a lot more out there.'

Graham, who chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee, blasted the information, which he claimed showed bias in the Justice Department as it began the Russia investigation.

'Here's what we're looking at: Systematic corruption at the highest level of the Department of Justice and the FBI against and in favor of Hillary Clinton,' Graham told host Sean Hannity on Fox News Thursday night. Graham is a close ally of president Trump…”

https://mol.im/a/7341043

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8948 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
sometimes I think this thread should have been titled:

"Chronicles of the FBI hiding it's attempted presidential coup"

More FBI BS

The source for this post is at CTH:

https://theconservativetreehou...eleased/#more-168135

here is my attempt at a condensed version:

A U.S. District Judge has rejected the DOJ and FBI motion to block the release of info about why the Comey memos can't be released to the public.

background:

Peter Strzok was the lead of the FBI team supporting the Mueller investigation. (These were investigators separate from Mueller's 19 rabid dog prosecutors)

When Strzok was fired from the team, he was replaced by FBI agent David Archey as FBI team lead.

CNN filed FOIA suits to have all of the Comey memos released. It is not publicly known how many memos there actually are.

"David Archey wrote a series of declarations to the court describing the content of the memos and arguing why they should be kept classified."

CNN then argued "for public release of the content of the FBI agent’s descriptions, now known as the “Archey Declarations”."

"on June 7th Judge James E Boasberg agreed to allow the FBI to keep the Comey memo content hidden, but instructed the DOJ/FBI to release the content of the Archey Declarations."

"On August 2nd the DOJ/FBI changed their position and claimed national security, “sources and methods” would be compromised by the release of the Archey Declarations."

one trick pony. FBI continually hides behind a smoke screen of "national security". Right now the FBI attempts to keep the public in the dark are a major compromise to national security

"Today Judge Boasberg completely rejected their argument"

Judge Boasberg on the FBI motion to block:

"It must strike readers as erroneous “with the force of a five-week-old, unrefrigerated dead fish.”…"

So, pending further appeals, delays, whatever, we may get to see why we can't read the Comey memos.

"No-one knows the number of memos that James Comey has written"

"However, based on the court declarations by Mueller’s former lead FBI investigator David Archey, it sounds like there are many more memos than anyone currently understands; including memos about the investigation of candidate Trump, that were written during the “Crossfire Hurricane” investigation 2016 and 2017, that describe investigative details, sources, operations and code-names of intelligence assets used in the investigation."

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Andy McCarthy new book

https://www.powerlineblog.com/...-men-obama-style.php

“[I]n 2016, the incumbent Democratic administration of President Barack Obama put the awesome powers of the United States government’s law enforcement and intelligence apparatus in the service of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, the Democratic Party, and the progressive Beltway establishment.”

“This book contends that the Obama administration, abetted by Washington’s politically progressive order, exploited its control of law-enforcement and intelligence agencies to help Clinton and undermine Trump. This was a scandalous abuse of power.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have witnessed one of the greatest feats of "misdirection". Misdirection just like magicians do.

Mueller spends 30 million plus to investigate Donald Trump for illegal election interference, while all the while the obama administration had massively abused federal power to rig the election, and subsequently to keep President Trump from fulfilling his campaign promises.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m watching Bongino and he’s is summarizing John Solomom’s Reporting on Hannity last night. Not only was Steele giving info to the FBI but the FBI was passing classified info back to Steele. JS is saying this info will become public soon.

Do we have enough rope?

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post