SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
one more about the letter, then I will give it a rest for a while

The letter says the FBI knew Fusion was Orbis's client from the first mtg between the FBI and Orbis in July 2016. 5 July 2016 was the date of the first meeting

Orbis is Steele's company.

And yet, Glenn Simpson said the FBI never talked to him. (congressional testimony)

The FBI never talked to the company that hired the dossier author. Mueller and Comey seemed to be unfamiliar w Fusion GPS. Can they really be that dumb ? Sometimes I wonder.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder if AG Barr is making some of these bold statements hoping to find a "weak link" or two that might just want to turn to save their own butt by supplying some information!! It is getting closer to the "nut cutting' the way I see it!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The FBI never talked to the company that hired the dossier author. Mueller and Comey seemed to be unfamiliar w Fusion GPS. Can they really be that dumb? Sometimes I wonder.

No, they can't really be that dumb. They didn't want to talk to Fusion GPS. That would have lead them back to Hillary. The purpose of the Mueller investigation was to cover for Hillary.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ssages-to-the-press/

Former FBI attorney Lisa Page sued the Department of Justice and the FBI on Tuesday, alleging information about her was improperly disclosed to the media.

Page’s lawsuit accuses the DOJ and FBI of violating the Privacy Act by “unlawfully” releasing text message exchanges between her and fired FBI agent Peter Strzok, who she engaged in an extramarital affair with while at the bureau. She and Strzok were involved in the investigation of failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s emails, and of the probe into the 2016 Trump campaign’s alleged ties to Russia.

In her lawsuit, the former FBI attorney further claims President Donald Trump used the messages to impugn her character, which she says has garnered her “unwanted media attention that has radically altered her day-to-day life.”

posted Hide Post
Just how bad was the FBI’s Russia FISA? 51 violations and 9 false statements

https://johnsolomonreports.com...-9-false-statements/

To understand just how shoddy the FBI’s work was in securing a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant targeting the Trump campaign, you only need to read an obscure attachment to Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s report.

Appendix 1 identifies the total violations by the FBI of the so-called Woods Procedures, the process by which the bureau verifies information and assures the FISA court its evidence is true.

The Appendix identifies a total of 51 Woods procedure violations from the FISA application the FBI submitted to the court authorizing surveillance of former Trump campaign aide Carter Page starting in October 2016.

A whopping nine of those violations fell into the category called: “Supporting document shows that the factual assertion is
inaccurate.”

For those who don’t speak IG parlance, it means the FBI made nine false assertions to the FISA court. In short, what the bureau said was contradicted by the evidence in its official file.

To put that in perspective, former Trump aides Mike Flynn and George Papadopoulos were convicted of making single false statements to the bureau. One went to jail already, and the other awaits sentencing.

The FBI made nine false statements to the court.

And the appendix shows the FBI made another nine factual assertions that did not match the supporting evidence in the file. In another words, the bureau was misleading on nine other occasions.

The vast majority of remaining Woods violations — 33 in total — involved failing to provide any evidence in the Woods procedure backing up assertion in the FISA warrant application.

That’s serious too since the sole purpose of the Wood procedures is to ensure all evidence cited in a FISA application is documented as accurate and reliable so it can be trusted by the courts.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.powerlineblog.com/...i-as-the-titanic.php

THE FBI AS THE TITANIC

Jonathan Turley responds as follows to Michael Horowitz’s finding that the Justice Department had enough evidence to meet the low threshold for beginning its investigation of the Trump campaign:

This is akin to reviewing the Titanic and saying that the captain was not unreasonable in starting the voyage. The question is what occurred when the icebergs began appearing. Horowitz says that investigative icebergs appeared rather early on, and the Justice Department not only failed to report that to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court but removed evidence that its investigation was on a collision course with the facts.

The analogy to the Titanic is clever. However, I’m sure that its captain had much better reason for starting his voyage than the Obama FBI did for undertaking its. Indeed, it may become clear from the work of John Durham that the FBI had insufficient reason, even judged by low “articulable facts” standard.

Turley is right, however, in saying that the most important issue is whether the Justice Department engaged in egregious misconduct as it carried out the investigation. If so, the other important issue is why it so egregiously misbehaved.

Turley lays out the misconduct Horowitz found:

From the outset, the Justice Department failed to interview several key individuals or vet critical information and sources in the Steele dossier. Justice Department officials insisted to Horowitz that they choose not to interview campaign officials because they were unsure if the campaign was compromised and did not want to tip off the Russians. However, the inspector general report says the Russians were directly told about the allegations repeatedly by then CIA Director John Brennan and, ultimately, President Obama. So the Russians were informed, but no one contacted the Trump campaign so as not to inform the Russians?

Meanwhile, the allegations quickly fell apart. Horowitz details how all of the evidence proved exculpatory of any collusion or conspiracy with the Russians.

Even worse, another agency that appears to be the CIA told the FBI that [Carter] Page was actually working for the agency in Russia as an “operational contact” gathering intelligence. The FBI was told this repeatedly, yet it never reported it to the FISA court approving the secret investigation of Page. His claim to have worked with the federal government was widely dismissed.

Worse yet, Horowitz found that investigators and the Justice Department concluded there was no probable cause on Page to support its FISA investigation. That is when there was an intervention from the top of the FBI, ordering investigators to look at the Steele dossier funded by the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign instead.

Who told investigators to turn to the dossier? Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe. He was fired over his conduct in the investigation after earlier internal investigations.

Horowitz also finds no sharing of information with FISA judges that undermined the credibility of the dossier or Christopher Steele himself. Surprisingly little effort was made to fully investigate the dossier when McCabe directed investigators to it, yet investigators soon learned that critical facts reported to the FISA court were false

FISA judges were told that a Yahoo News article was an independent corroboration of the Steele dossier, but Horowitz confirms that Steele was the source of that article. Therefore, Steele was used to corroborate Steele on allegations that were later deemed unfounded. . . .

The source relied on by Steele was presented as conveying damaging information on Trump. When this source was interviewed, he said he had no direct information and was conveying bar talk.

He denied telling other details to Steele. This was all known to the Justice Department, but it still asked for warrant renewals from the FISA court without correcting the record or revealing exculpatory information discovered by investigators. That included the failure to tell the court that Page was working with the CIA. Finally, Horowitz found that an FBI lawyer doctored a critical email to hide the fact that Page was really working for us and not the Russians.

In litigation over whether the individuals who engaged in this course of conduct did so out of bias, the mere recitation of Horowitz’s facts would present a prima facie case that bias against the Trump campaign was at play. The burden would then shift to anyone claiming the absence of bias to explain what, if not bias, explains the behavior.

Clearly, the explanation can’t be simple incompetence. Withholding information from the FISA court and, indeed, making false statements to that body, isn’t incompetence. It’s lying and deceit.

A better explanation might be general overzealousness, as opposed to overzealousness motivated by a desire to derail Donald Trump, his campaign, and his presidency. General overzealousness is a common explanation for prosecutorial misconduct. Thus, this explanation passes the straight face test.

However, it fails to persuade in any instance where a highly improper act, or failure to act, was committed by a person who displayed animosity towards Trump or expressed fear of a Trump presidency. Except in unusual cases, egregious misconduct and direct evidence of bias or animosity towards the victim add up to the conclusion that the misconduct was motivated by bias or animosity.

Whatever his virtues, Michael Horowitz has no special expertise in exploring souls . Thus, while there is good reason to accept his findings as to what happened, there is no good reason to accept his conclusions as to motive — and certainly not when his conclusions are at odds with common sense.

Amen !

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
But regardless of his sources, AG Barr is a brave man. He is a stallion! He understands the consequences and he soldiers on. He will do what needs to be done.

So far, he seems to be made of much stouter stuff than AG Sessions. I really don't want to be wrong about this guy, but I strongly get the impression that Barr isn't playing around. I want Barr to go down in my memory book of politics as one of the "special ones" and not simply part of the slimy elite.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Lyndsey Graham in the hearing today about the IG report is doing a great job laying out the gross negligence of the FBI. Last thing I heard before I had to leave my office, "I hope Carter Page finds a lawyer and sues the hell out of the DOJ and the FBI."

ETA: Boom

Carter Page says he will file a lawsuit against FBI
By Staff Writer -December 10, 2019

“There is a team, I was always working on this on my own for the last few years,” Carter Page told “Hannity” on Monday. “I kept having DOJ run rings around me. Right now, as we speak, we have our team of attorneys going through that document in great detail.”

Page said he plans to share his and his counsels’ findings with Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., who has been following the overall investigation closely.

Page, who also disclosed to host Sean Hannity that he was a CIA asset who put his life at risk for the U.S., said he was the subject of lies, smears and threats over the past few years.

https://saraacarter.com/carter...lawsuit-against-fbi/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Horowitz Trips Up Comey's Victory Lap: "Nobody Vindicated Who Touched This FISA"

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ted-who-touched-fisa

A day after a smug-sounding James Comey tweeted that the IG's report vindicated him:

“So it was all lies. No treason. No spying on the campaign. No tapping Trumps wires. It was just good people trying to protect America.”

Howoritz, in one short sentence, destroyed the former FBI Director's credibility by explaining simply...

"I think the activities we found here don't vindicate anybody who touched this FISA."

As Mr. Horowitz wrote in his report, he lays the blame at the top (cough Comey cough):

“We are deeply concerned that so many basic and fundamental errors were made by three separate, hand-picked investigative teams; on one of the most sensitive FBI investigations; after the matter had been briefed to the highest levels within the FBI; even though the information sought through use of FISA authority related so closely to an ongoing presidential campaign; and even though those involved with the investigation knew that their actions were likely to be subjected to close scrutiny. We believe this circumstance reflects a failure not just by those who prepared the FISA applications, but also by the managers and supervisors in the [investigation’s] chain of command, including FBI senior officials who were briefed as the investigation progressed.”

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
QUOTE OF THE DAY FOR 11 DECEMBER 2019

Senator Cruz said to IG Horowitz:

quote:
This wasn't Jason Bourne. This was Beavis and Butthead.

< drops microphone >

@ 11:40

[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/_ny0GtrO2E4?t=699 [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The hearing today is quite something. I'm only catching bits and pieces of it here and there, but every time I hear Horowitz, he comes across as pretty fair. In so far as he's giving an absolute damning testimony in regards to the FBI. Of course he's not going anywhere near the obvious political bias, but this will be a great jump start to whatever Barr and Durham finally bring down.

Again, I've only caught a few minutes of this hearing. Would live to hear more opinions about it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
At this point, I have to say that Pres. Trump finally got the right man for AG, and Barr hired a bulldog also. There has to be a LOT of "swamp creatures" losing a lot of sleep these days!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
which she says has garnered her “unwanted media attention that has radically altered her day-to-day life.”

Hey! That is what is supposed to happen when you are a lying crook!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://saraacarter.com/carter...lawsuit-against-fbi/

video at link

Carter Page admits he was a CIA asset.

The FBI lied about that to the FISC court.

(clarifying: he was not spying on the Trump campaign for the CIA, he had previously engaged w Russians because he was tasked to do so by the CIA)

How low can these fucks stoop ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Page has a lawsuit that claims that Trump used messages to impugn her character and garnered her unwanted media attention that radically altered her day-to-day life. It seems to me that she had no character to impugn. I'm sure that when her affair was made public that it radically altered her day-to-day interaction with her husband. She should have thought of all this before she got involved in an affair. Oh sure, people have affairs all the time, but like elections, affairs have consequences.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
Page ....

Her phone was .gov owned
Page still sent sext after sext
Salacious sender

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
Page ....

Her phone was .gov owned
Page still sent sext after sext
Salacious sender

Page has had me pondering for awhile. I am coming to think that Strzok is a master manipulator, in addition to liar and scumbag, and Page fell under his spell. Don't get me wrong, she is a big girl and deserves what is coming to her, and she was a willing participant, wide-eyed, star-struck and drunk on power. But, after the affair was revealed, she was the first one to get out of the DOJ, and she had a long, closed door session with Congress. I think she was gullible, figured out she was used and tricked by Strzok, and I wonder if she didn't spill a lot of dirt in her testimony. When Barr and Durham come out with their investigative results, I won't be surprised if she has been singing.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post