SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I just watched Chris Wallace spin the informant line into “FBI sending informants to interrogate campaign workers.....”

The way I read the leaks was that the informant was planting false info (Ruskies have Hillary e-mails, have you heard?) to see what happened after that.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
haven't found the letter yet, but

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...i-trump-dossier.html

The chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee asked the Justice Department Monday to turn over communications between former Associate Deputy Attorney General Bruce Ohr, British spy Christopher Steele and others about the infamous anti-Trump dossier.

In a letter to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, requested Ohr's emails, phone logs, written notes and text messages. Grassley also asked the Justice Department to arrange for Ohr to be interviewed by Committee staff.

Grassley wrote that he wants to know whether Ohr continued to pass information from Steele to others at the FBI after the bureau terminated the former MI6 man as a source for disclosing his relationship with the FBI to the media.

In February, Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee claimed that Bruce Ohr's wife, Nellie, was “employed by Fusion GPS to assist in the cultivation of opposition research” on then-candidate Donald Trump. They alleged that Bruce Ohr passed the research, which had been paid for by the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign, on to the FBI.

The relationship between Steele and the Ohrs was "inexplicably concealed from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC)," during the FBI’s effort to obtain a FISA warrant on former Trump campaign official Carter Page, House intel Republicans alleged in a memo.

Ohr is believed to still be working at the Department of Justice, though his exact position is unclear.

Grassley and Nunes are on the attack.

Where the hell is Sen Richard Burr (chair of Senate Intel comm) ??????

talk about a slow roll.

The ICA was released 6 Jan 2017 (16.5 months ago)

and the Sen Intel has just finished their review

The ICA review should have taken a week at most

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

BFD

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

"I then executed the session exactly as I had planned"

What the hell is Christopher Wray doing ? The FBI is sitting on all this while it needs to get this out in public. Please DO NOT lecture me that this is an ongoing investigation blah blah blah. Our country is being torn apart by lies and a conspiracy to overturn the 2016 election. Wray has been quiet as a mouse.

https://theconservativetreehou...release/#more-149579

link to the letter:

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/i...Steele%20Dossier.pdf

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, the "sensitive matter" team. Gee, I wonder what that's about. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107257 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"sensitive matter team"

one possibility:

Susan Rice email from 20 Jan 2017

"On January 5, following a briefing by [Intelligence Community] leadership on Russian hacking during the 2016 Presidential election, President Obama had a brief follow-on conversation with FBI Director Jim Comey and Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates in the Oval Office. Vice President Biden and I were also present."

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Mail call is getting to be the worst time of the day for the Deputy AG.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://thefederalist.com/2018/....WwQU7MqBiXs.twitter

Comey’s Memos Indicate Dossier Briefing Of Trump Was A Setup

Newly released memos written by former FBI director James Comey indicate that an early 2017 briefing for then-President-elect Donald Trump about the contents of an infamous dossier was held so it could be leaked to media outlets eager to report on the dossier’s allegations. In multiple memos, Comey specifically mentioned that CNN had the dossier and wanted a “news hook” that would enable the network to report on its most salacious allegations even though they had not been verified.

“I said the Russians allegedly had tapes involving him and prostitutes at the Presidential Suite at the Ritz Carlton in Moscow from about 2013,” Comey wrote of his conversation with Trump in a classified memo that was released in redacted form late Thursday. “I said I wasn’t saying this was true, only that I wanted him to know both that it had been reported and that the reports were in many hands.”

No media organizations had reported the allegations at the time Comey briefed Trump.

“I said media like CNN had them and were looking for a news hook,” Comey added in his memo about the briefing with Trump on January 6, 2017.

In another classified memo written on January 28, 2017, Comey wrote that in a separate meeting Trump mentioned the allegation about the alleged tape of prostitutes at a hotel and called it “fake news.”

“I explained again why I had thought it important that he know about it,” Comey wrote. “I also explained that one of the reasons we told him was that the media, CNN in particular, was telling us they were about to run with it.”

Of the many thousands of articles promoting a still-unproven theory of treasonous collusion between President Donald Trump and Russia, few were as significant as CNN’s January 10 story “Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him.” Extremely well-placed sources told CNN that the Obama administration’s top intelligence appointees had briefed Obama, Biden, and Trump all about a dossier they took incredibly seriously and considered credible. And it sounded really bad, as the headline indicated.

“Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump,” CNN declared. BuzzFeed published the actual dossier within minutes of CNN’s story going live, showing the world that the dossier was riddled with salacious gossip that lacked even a possibility of corroboration.

Comey claims that briefing the president-elect was the brainchild of Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.

I said there was something that Clapper wanted me to speak to the [president-elect] about alone or in a very small group ,” Comey wrote

With Comey claiming that Clapper wanted him to brief POTUS, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence final report on Russia has something of interest. The report, which was downplayed and panned by CNN, included a finding of interest related to discussions of the dossier with the media:

Finding #44: Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, now a CNN national security analyst, provided inconsistent testimony to the Committee about his contacts with the media, including CNN .”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The report was a bit stronger than "inconsistent"

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is Comey part of the sensitive nipples team?

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I just watched Chris Wallace spin the informant line into “FBI sending informants to interrogate campaign workers.....”

The way I read the leaks was that the informant was planting false info (Ruskies have Hillary e-mails, have you heard?) to see what happened after that.

I detest Chris Wallace! Refuse to watch him, under any conditions.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
haven't found the letter yet, but

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...i-trump-dossier.html

The chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee asked the Justice Department Monday to turn over communications between former Associate Deputy Attorney General Bruce Ohr, British spy Christopher Steele and others about the infamous anti-Trump dossier.

In a letter to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, requested Ohr's emails, phone logs, written notes and text messages. Grassley also asked the Justice Department to arrange for Ohr to be interviewed by Committee staff.

Grassley wrote that he wants to know whether Ohr continued to pass information from Steele to others at the FBI after the bureau terminated the former MI6 man as a source for disclosing his relationship with the FBI to the media.

In February, Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee claimed that Bruce Ohr's wife, Nellie, was “employed by Fusion GPS to assist in the cultivation of opposition research” on then-candidate Donald Trump. They alleged that Bruce Ohr passed the research, which had been paid for by the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign, on to the FBI.

The relationship between Steele and the Ohrs was "inexplicably concealed from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC)," during the FBI’s effort to obtain a FISA warrant on former Trump campaign official Carter Page, House intel Republicans alleged in a memo.

Ohr is believed to still be working at the Department of Justice, though his exact position is unclear.

Grassley and Nunes are on the attack.

Where the hell is Sen Richard Burr (chair of Senate Intel comm) ??????

talk about a slow roll.

The ICA was released 6 Jan 2017 (16.5 months ago)

and the Sen Intel has just finished their review

The ICA review should have taken a week at most

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

BFD

That swamp is really wide, and deep, with a crap load of swamp dwellers. Takes time to get to the bottom of it. Especially when so many are scared to death just how many of them may be facing orange jump suits.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

I detest Chris Wallace! Refuse to watch him, under any conditions.

Well, after all, he is a registered Democrat.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is Comey part of the sensitive nipples team?

I don't know who is on the team. Just noting that on 5 Jan 2017 there were two mtgs

In the first, there was Obama, Comey, Sally Yates, Biden, Susan Rice, Clapper, Brennan, Rogers

Then a smaller group met right after that:

Obama, Comey, Yates, Biden, Rice

The discussion was how much of the Russia collusion investigation to share w Donald Trump.

Then on 6 Jan 2017 9:44am, Rybicki writes that Comey is coming into headquarters for an update from "the sensitive matter team"

Then later on 6 Jan, Comey & intel folks brief Donald Trump on the Intelligence Community Assessment about Russia interfering in the election (a very unimpressive paper IMHO). No mention of the dossier.

Then everyone else leaves, and Comey briefs Donald Trump on the pee tape claims of the dossier.

An important fact we learned only recently is that Comey only told Donald Trump about the pee tape. Nothing else in the dossier.

Comey didn't mention that the dossier said Donald Trump was working w the Russians for over 5 years against his political opponents, that Carter Page was a Russian foreign agent, that Trump lawyer Cohen had worked (and paid )to steal the DNC emails, that Russia offered 19% of their largest oil company to the Trump team, that they were trying to mask extensive Trump business ties to China, that Trump had spies in the Democratic Party, that Russia was trying to turn "educated youth" to vote for Trump, that the Trump team was mad that Putin had gone beyond bolstering Trump to undermine the US democratic system, that after Manafort left the campaign then lawyer Cohen took over the lead for interfacing with the Kremlin team, ....

No, the only thing Comey thought was important was the pee tape.

He left Donald Trump in the dark about all the rest and let the CNN/Buzzfeed team sandbag the President elect 4 days later.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He should wear a. sports bra when he runs

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://dailycaller.com/2018/05...-glad-fbi-informant/

Clapper on "the View"

Clapper tried to drive home his point that an FBI informant in the Trump campaign had to do with “the Russians, not spying on the campaign.”

“What they were trying to do was protect our political system and protect the campaign,” he said.

“Was the FBI spying on Trump’s campaign?” co-host Joy Behar asked Clapper.

“No, they were not,” he replied. “They were spying, a term I don’t particularly like, on what the Russians were doing, trying to understand, were the Russians infiltrating?”

Behar responded, “So why doesn’t he like that? He should be happy.”

“Well, he should be,” responded Clapper

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Donald Trump tweet:

“Trump should be happy that the FBI was SPYING on his campaign” No, James Clapper, I am not happy. Spying on a campaign would be illegal, and a scandal to boot!"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

trying "to protect the campaign", yet they thought Carter Page was a Russian foreign agent and never told candidate Trump or President elect Trump

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Clapper can’t possibly expect anybody (not even Joy Behar) to believe that line...right? Produce evidence that there was an FBI spy in the Clinton campaign “trying to understand, were the Russians infiltrating,” and perhaps yet another man involved in this illegal and immoral scam entirely without honor, James Clapper, can regain some. I doubt it, but perhaps.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Clapper can’t possibly expect anybody (not even Joy Behar) to believe that line...right?

At this point he doesn't even care. He doubled down on his blatant lie to Congress and the American people while under oath. That was in 2013, right? That was five years ago; the statute of limitations is now up, and he knows it.

This jerk isn't out of the woods yet though I pray.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
more Donald Trump tweets

"Look how things have turned around on the Criminal Deep State. They go after Phony Collusion with Russia, a made up Scam, and end up getting caught in a major SPY scandal the likes of which this country may never have seen before! What goes around, comes around!"

"SPYGATE could be one of the biggest political scandals in history!"

Stefan Halper has been widely identified as the spy in media reports. His name has also been brought up by the people involved such as Sam Clovis and Carter Page. Nothing official yet

Haven't heard anything from Halper himself

Halper is still under contact to the DoD to conduct Econonmic studies.

I blanked his address. It is still publicly available at the site

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from March 2017:

Clapper

https://youtu.be/Onw1tN50UAM

watch it in the context of all we know now

"I can deny it"

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Look how things have turned around on the Criminal Deep State. They go after Phony Collusion with Russia, a made up Scam, and end up getting caught in a major SPY scandal the likes of which this country may never have seen before! What goes around, comes around!"

Which is why several of us here have supported the continuation of the Mueller investigation. Dig as deep as you want....then it's our turn to return the favor.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Sen Grassley sent Rosenstein another letter today

Grassley told Rosenstein to send unredacted copies of all text messages produced to the committee (Senate Judiciary Comm)

Grassley gave an example of a redaction that had been unredacted. The formerly redacted info was that Andrew McCabe's conference table cost $ 70k. Lisa Page wrote "(You can't repeat that!)"

Of course not, not something as important to national security as the price of McCabe's conf table.