SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
In days past, it was a requirement to take at least once, sometimes twice a year, what they called a "lifestyle" polygraph to retain a TS/SCI clearance. Part of that test was to ascertain whether you could be fodder for blackmail, and included questions regarding fidelity and personal habits, do they not do that anymore?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
In days past, it was a requirement to take at least once, sometimes twice a year, what they called a "lifestyle" polygraph to retain a TS/SCI clearance. Part of that test was to ascertain whether you could be fodder for blackmail, and included questions regarding fidelity and personal habits, do they not do that anymore?

I thought about that too, especially with CIA Director Brennan. I'm sure there were/are many Trump haters in both agencies, supervisors may have waived the polygraph or ensured a fellow Trump hater was admistering the exam.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:

They don't flutter for all TS/SCI-only for special access programs and some designated high threat positions, and some random picks here and there.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Paige's behavior, from screwing Strozk to participating in the email string and whatever else she might have participated in proves my point once again about a large majority of the government workforce.

They are not elite.
They are not brilliant.
They are not ethical.
They are not moral.
They are not trustworthy.
They have no character.

We 'do not' have the cream of any crop working in government. What we have in large part is a workforce that needs to be fired asap, and prevented from ever working in government again.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The periodic review requirements vary from agency to agency. DoD didn't typically require polygraph.

There was always at least yearly security training. Basically the same material year after year.

If an incident happened, special training was required for everybody. Mandatory training w logs to document attendance. There were years where training was held every few months.

One thing that got emphasized more over time was the requirement to report anyone you worked with who exhibited characteristics of something wrong. Things like extravagant lifestyle not compatible w salary.

We know now that Strzok's wife found out about the affair because she examined Peter Strzok's phone. She threatened to hire a private investigator.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I’m more optimistic that Barr / Durham may yet exact some must needed justice

Leaked Report: AG Bill Barr Refutes IG Horowitz’s Conclusion that FBI had Rationale to Spy on Trump Campaign

Deep State operatives, Democrats and their far left media are working feverishly to diffuse the effect of the momentous report before its release.

According to the Washington Post Barr does not agree with IG that the Obama deep state had justification to spy on the Trump campaign and Trump Transition Team in 2016.

Barr may include a formal letter in the report or may publicly state his concern.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...y-on-trump-campaign/

The Washington Post reported:

Attorney General William Barr has told associates he disagrees with the Justice Department’s inspector general on one of the key findings in an upcoming report – that the FBI had enough information in July 2016 to justify launching an investigation into members of the Trump campaign, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Justice Department’s inspector general, Michael Horowitz, is due to release his long-awaited findings in a week, but behind the scenes at the Justice Department, disagreement has surfaced about one of Horowitz’s central conclusions on the origins of the Russia investigation. The discord could be the prelude to a major fissure within federal law enforcement on the controversial question of investigating a presidential campaign.

Barr has not been swayed by Horowitz’s rationale for concluding that the FBI had sufficient basis to open an investigation on July 31, 2016, these people said.

Barr’s public defenses of President Donald Trump, including his assertion that intelligence agents spied on the Trump campaign, have led Democrats to accuse him of acting like the president’s personal attorney and eroding the independence of the Justice Department. But Trump and his Republican Barr’s public defenses of President Donald Trump, including his assertion that intelligence agents spied on the Trump campaign, have led Democrats to accuse him of acting like the president’s personal attorney and eroding the independence of the Justice Department. But Trump and his Republican allies have cheered Barr’s skepticism of the Russia investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...9641c6ff7_story.html

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

Yeah, Barr so far has come across as the real deal and the right man for that job. Though Horowitz--an Obama appointee by the way--sounds like a quintessential deep state rat, this news actually gives me hope with regards to the comments from Barr.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I'm actually hoping; that some of these 'deep-state' assholes will; one-day, don the orange-jumpsuits in a federal lock-up. So now, Lisa Page professes to come-out, and speak. Really? Seems like everything she needed-to-say, was all in those mushy 'texts' she fired-off, and sent to that other asshole Strzok. Remember: none of these rotten bums cared who they railroaded for made-up, phony crimes.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put her under oath in front of a Congressional committee. Let her defend her actions there instead of via the press. When she perjers herself, toss her in jail.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I so want to see Strzok convicted.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, it hasn't been that way for at least 25 years, maybe more.

There are lifestyle polys for extremely sensitive positions, but most are more basic polys for some specific things.

But Mark 1 Mod 0 TS/SCI doesn't require one, much less reoccurring.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Didn’t John Walker take multiple polygraphs?
They’re worthless.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Aldrich Ames passed a polygraph exam while actively spying for the KGB.

I had a fair amount of experience with the devices and their results during my career and I learned how unreliable they can be. Examiners themselves know that as demonstrated by the fact that some examinees are asked if they did any research on how to beat them; if it wasn’t possible, such a question would be unnecessary.

They are of some value in criminal investigations, but they should be banned for preemployment and security screening fishing purposes.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

Leaked Report: AG Bill Barr Refutes IG Horowitz’s Conclusion that FBI had Rationale to Spy on Trump Campaign

Deep State operatives, Democrats and their far left media are working feverishly to diffuse the effect of the momentous report before its release.

According to the Washington Post Barr does not agree with IG that the Obama deep state had justification to spy on the Trump campaign and Trump Transition Team in 2016.

Barr may include a formal letter in the report or may publicly state his concern.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...y-on-trump-campaign/

The Washington Post reported:

Attorney General William Barr has told associates he disagrees with the Justice Department’s inspector general on one of the key findings in an upcoming report – that the FBI had enough information in July 2016 to justify launching an investigation into members of the Trump campaign, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Justice Department’s inspector general, Michael Horowitz, is due to release his long-awaited findings in a week, but behind the scenes at the Justice Department, disagreement has surfaced about one of Horowitz’s central conclusions on the origins of the Russia investigation. The discord could be the prelude to a major fissure within federal law enforcement on the controversial question of investigating a presidential campaign.

Barr has not been swayed by Horowitz’s rationale for concluding that the FBI had sufficient basis to open an investigation on July 31, 2016, these people said.

Barr’s public defenses of President Donald Trump, including his assertion that intelligence agents spied on the Trump campaign, have led Democrats to accuse him of acting like the president’s personal attorney and eroding the independence of the Justice Department. But Trump and his Republican Barr’s public defenses of President Donald Trump, including his assertion that intelligence agents spied on the Trump campaign, have led Democrats to accuse him of acting like the president’s personal attorney and eroding the independence of the Justice Department. But Trump and his Republican allies have cheered Barr’s skepticism of the Russia investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...9641c6ff7_story.html

I'm EXTREMELY skeptical of anything from the Washington Post.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I would never submit myself to a polygraph. It proves or disproves nothing. They are non admissible in courts for a reason. If you fail it only serves to assure law enforcement you are guilty. If you pass it does not exonerate you of anything law enforcement just thinks you somehow beat it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Two separate issues in this post

DoJ IG Horowitz doesn't have authority to investigate outside of DoJ. (FBI falls under DoJ)

So it is unlikely we will hear anything in his report regarding CIA

The Fusion GPS story gets even more bizarre

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...or-russian-oligarch/

In the new book by Fusion GPS, they write that Christopher Steele hired them, before they hired him.

Fusion GPS, the opposition research firm behind the infamous “pee dossier” on then-presidential candidate Donald Trump, was first hired by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele to obtain damaging information on Paul Manafort — weeks before the firm hired him to produce his now-discredited, conspiracy-weaving dossier.

“Weeks before Trump tapped Manafort to run his campaign, Christopher Steele had hired Fusion for help investigating Manafort,” write Fritsch and Simpson. “The matter had nothing to do with politics and was a typical commercial assignment.”

The Fusion GPS co-founders say their firm cut a nominal agreement to “research Manafort’s finances” for a client of Steele

That client was Oleg Deripaska, an oligarch and close ally of Putin

“[Christopher Steele] did not disclose the ultimate client for the job, and Fusion didn’t press the issue,” claim the Fusion GSP co-founders.

American Greatness notes of the Fusion GPS-Steele deal: “That means Glenn Simpson represented not one but two Russian tycoons in 2016: At the same time Fusion was helping Steele on behalf of Deripaska, Simpson also was representing Prevezon, another company owned by a Putin-tied Russian also under investigation by the Justice Department for money laundering.”

Notably, a timeline of events shows Fusion GPS’s investigation into Manafort occurred while they sought dirt on the 2016 Trump campaign.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So while the "dossier" was being fabricated:

- Steele was a confidential human source for the FBI

- Fusion GPS was working for Steele to gather info for Oleg Deripaska

- Steele worked for Fusion GPS to fabricate "opposition research" for the Clinton campaign

So does this mean that the Russian Oleg Deripaska funded part of the dossier against Doanld Trump ? Did the FBI fund part of the dossier ?

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Didn’t John Walker take multiple polygraphs?
They’re worthless.

I don't know that Walker underwent periodic polygraphs-I had not heard that. He was not in a position that would normally have been tested. When his wife and daughter reported his treason, the FBI polygraphed them to verify the veracity of their stories and used that in part to obtain warrants.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow we are expected to see the DoJ IG report on the investigation into the Carter Page FISA warrants.

This article is a good warm up to put general things in perspective. A good background summary

https://www.realclearpolitics....g_report_141892.html

Bill Barr's Reservations About the IG Report

The Justice Department’s inspector general is expected to announce later this week that while the FBI acted unprofessionally, it had sufficient basis to investigate members of Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign. Russia, after all, was interfering in the election and law enforcement needed to get to the bottom of it.

It has been reported that Attorney General William Barr disagrees with this conclusion, based in part on U.S. Attorney John Durham’s criminal investigation into the origins of the Russia probe. The IG performed a limited in-house review that could not explore the larger questions of alleged Russian interference. Durham’s inquiry, in contrast, has authority to investigate whether the Russia saga was a false flag operation launched by the Democratic National Committee, using the CIA and friendly governments around the world, particularly the Western puppet in Ukraine.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
CTH reporting that the DoJ IG report will be posted at:

https://oig.justice.gov/

Sometime today about 1pm ET

rumored to be over 600 pages, maybe as much as 1,000 pages

NYT reporting that AG Barr approved declassifying some info on Christopher Steele.

"Mr. Steele was given no details about the information itself, nor was he told how it would affect the report’s portrayal of him"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/1...-steele-dossier.html

"Mr. Steele has made clear to associates that he considered the dossier to be a starting point for further investigation, not established facts "

really ? so why was Steele leaking the dossier to all the media to publish w/o direct attribution to him ? Steele didn't want the dossier released to the public. He wanted all the dossier info to be spread across media sources and to appear as if multiple media were independently reporting the material

"It has grown clear in the years since Mr. Steele compiled his dossier that while many Trump aides welcomed contacts with Russians, some of its most sensational claims appeared to be false or were impossible to prove."

How about that none of the claims of Russia/Trump campaign collusion were shown to be true. Look how the NYT words it. "appeared to be false" "impossible to prove" What a distorted view, intended to deceive.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The IG performed a limited in-house review that could not explore the larger questions of alleged Russian interference.

Yep... as you point out above:
DoJ IG Horowitz doesn't have authority to investigate outside of DoJ. (FBI falls under DoJ)

And apparently only active employees of DoJ? So, Comey and McCabe etc. not investigated?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post