SIGforum
The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1930017834

October 26, 2019, 01:07 PM
wcb6092
The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation

October 26, 2019, 03:23 PM
Sportshooter
What happened to Gen. Flynn sounds a lot like what a guy named James Duane talks about in this YouTube video. Link

I always thought that law enforcement was primarily interested in truth, but I’m not so sure anymore. Duane’s book gives more specific and alarming details. I sure hope Barr, Durham and Sydney Powell get Flynn the justice he deserves.
October 26, 2019, 04:27 PM
Jimineer
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
What happened to Gen. Flynn sounds a lot like what a guy named James Duane talks about in this YouTube video. Link

I always thought that law enforcement was primarily interested in truth, but I’m not so sure anymore. Duane’s book gives more specific and alarming details. I sure hope Barr, Durham and Sydney Powell get Flynn the justice he deserves.

Several months ago I watched two or three YouTube videos featuring Sydney Powell talking about rampant prosecutorial misconduct. In one video she was in a panel session. In another she was interviewed and talked about it more.

I was hoping she would step up and help Flynn. She is out for blood against the DOJ as much as helping Flynn, in my opinion. I love what she is doing.

I don’t remember the video titles and don’t have links because I stumbled across them not knowing this would really be happening, but I’m sure you can easily search YouTube and find several videos with Sydney.

She is impressive and she is pissed. I think what she is doing will help ensure the truth comes out.

At this point I don’t trust the DOJ top to bottom, not including Barr and Durham. I’m sure there are some honorable people in the DOJ but I’ll never look up to them in that way. I see them as potential bullies racking up points. I hope this changes.

I can’t quote Sydney but I believe she said a prosecutors job is to find the truth, not to Lock people up. She should be the next AG.
October 26, 2019, 05:28 PM
Sportshooter
Jimineer, is this the one you saw? It looks like Mueller, Weissmann and friends are definitely not God’s most noble chillin. Link
October 26, 2019, 07:39 PM
Jimineer
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
Jimineer, is this the one you saw? It looks like Mueller, Weissmann and friends are definitely not God’s most noble chillin. Link

No, but I may have seen the Levin interview too.

This is the one:

October 26, 2019, 08:45 PM
Sportshooter
When Barr gets tired, let Sidney take a turn as AG.
October 26, 2019, 09:30 PM
Pipe Smoker
Barr is the US AG, so why doesn’t he put a leash on the DOJ dogs that are after Gen. Flynn? I’m thinking this:

Barr believes that the courts will eventually find Flynn innocent, and will provide restitution for his wrongful imprisonment, and his legal fees. But direct intervention by the AG would be viewed by many as political interference with the judiciary process.

Serious about crackers
October 26, 2019, 10:02 PM
Il Cattivo
Thus the polite fiction that any investigation's only purpose is to objectively gather and organize any information that is relevant and probative. That way people like Barr get to make (or at least take responsibility for) any necessary judgement calls, and the press gets to howl at Barr no matter what he decides.
October 27, 2019, 06:51 AM
Elk Hunter
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Thus the polite fiction that any investigation's only purpose is to objectively gather and organize any information that is relevant and probative. That way people like Barr get to make (or at least take responsibility for) any necessary judgement calls, and the press gets to howl at Barr no matter what he decides.

The "press" will be howling at anything or any action that threatens their campaign to destroy this democracy!

They never get taken to court or other disciplinary/legal action for knowingly publishing known lies/untruths. They publish the most blatant false crap and when caught publish some half-assed retraction. Yeah, I know about the "freedom of the press" but that was applicable when the press was neutral, not to mention honest.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
October 27, 2019, 07:51 AM
sdy
James Comey:

"The most important way to do that is give us transparency. I am not worried about a single thing in connection with any of the matters under investigation. Gather the facts. Write a report, and share it with the American people. Please do that because all the stuff in the media with Attorney general same stuff doesn’t just jive, it is an attack on the integrity of the institution, which he is supposed to be leading. Way to protect that is show the folks the facts. Lay it out. Don’t leak it out, give it out. And I’m confident that when the American people see the picture of why we did what we did, their confidence in the institution will be maintained, restored, and protected."

but you really have to hear him say it:

https://news.grabien.com/story...connection-any-matte

what a smug lying POS

Despite what so many at the FBI did, Comey could have stopped the coup attempt. He was in charge and aware of what transpired.

Comey single handedly destroyed the reputation of the FBI and the trust that the American people had invested in it.
October 27, 2019, 03:29 PM
Strambo
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Despite what so many at the FBI did, Comey could have stopped the coup attempt. He was in charge and aware of what transpired.

Comey single handedly destroyed the reputation of the FBI and the trust that the American people had invested in it.

Going back further, he could have/should have simply conducted the investigation into Hillary's server and everyone surrounding her who mis-handled classified info and handed the results to the DOJ.

Sure, Lynch would have basically held the same press-conference (or more likely been too cowardly to do it herself and had a minion do it), but Comey's integrity would have been intact. Only he never had any and we know he was in on the "exoneration" of her from the very start, drafting the memo letting her off the hook before even investigating.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page
October 27, 2019, 06:37 PM
lastmanstanding
I was listening to Mark Levin on the way home from the lake this morning on Sirius Patriot radio. It was probably a rebroadcast of a earlier show I don't know for sure but in it he said he has a very good source who told him that Durham has offered McCabe a pre indictment plea deal which McCabe has turned down prompting Durham to convene a grand jury.

Levin is not like Hannity where he blows smoke up people's asses for ratings. I think you can take Levin pretty much on what he says.
Haven't seen this anywhere else yet but hoping to.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton
October 28, 2019, 04:57 PM
sdy
subtopic: Gen Flynn sentencing

not sure how this affects things,

https://saraacarter.com/judge-..._campaign=social-pug

U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan — who is overseeing the case of former National Security Advisor Army Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn–has canceled the upcoming November hearing based on an explosive brief submitted by Flynn’s defense attorney.

Sullivan stated in an order submitted Monday that “in view of the parties’ comprehensive briefing concerning [109] Defendant’s Motion to Compel Production of Brady Material, the Court cancels the motion hearing previously scheduled for November 5, 2019.”

Powell had filed a brief in response to federal prosecutors that claimed they had already given the defense team all the evidence that was required under the law
October 29, 2019, 01:09 PM
sdy
Sidney Powell had requested info from the Mifsud cell phones (supposedly held by DoJ)

DoJ has responded the requested materials are not favorable or material to the defendant's guilt or punishment.

DoJ also wrote that Mifsud has no connection to Flynn's communications w the Russian ambassador.
October 29, 2019, 09:48 PM
Pipe Smoker
“She doth protest too much, methinks" is often misunderstood as a comment by Hamlet. But it is the response of his mother, Queen Gertrude, after he asks, "Madam, how like you this play?" Hamlet had arranged a performance that was strikingly similar to his suspicion that his uncle and mother murdered his father, the king, and then married. Her response to his "play within a play" only confirmed his suspicions of her guilt.

The same could be said in watching key Democrats "protest too much" to the investigation by United States Attorney John Durham into the origins of the Russia probe.
……
Both House Judiciary Chairman Jerrold Nadler and House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff have described the actions of Durham, a previously lionized prosecutor, as an abuse. Indeed, they declared that allowing Durham to look into potentially criminal conduct would cause "new and irreparable damage" to the rule of law…”

Much more.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/t...-investigation%3famp

Serious about crackers
October 29, 2019, 11:18 PM
sdy
I was thinking about how Judge Sullivan might rule on Sydney Powell's recent filing about not getting all the exculpatory evidence re Flynn.

It's hard to predict. Sullivan has shown a nasty side that strongly implies he is antiTrump. He flew into a rage in his court once and asked the prosecutors if Flynn shouldn't be tried for treason.

On the other hand, Sullivan knows the reports from Horowitz and Durham will fill in a lot of the questions raised by Sydney Powell. If he blows off her filing and sentences Flynn to jail time, he will look like a partisan idiot if significant parts of her filing are proven true.
October 30, 2019, 09:31 AM
sdy
back to the Steele dossier

Lee Smith has written a book:

Devin Nunes did an interview about the book and related topics. Video at:

https://theconservativetreehou...-medusa/#more-174953

The video is 35 min long

To me the most surprising thing in the interview is that Nunes says there was a collection of "dossiers" that came before the Steele dossier.

He calls them "proto dossiers". These proto dossiers were thrown as a collection into the Steele dossier. Christopher Steele was just the "salesman". He was the "western intelligence" person to package all this opposition research into a fake intel package to give it credibility.

These proto dossiers are discussed in the Lee Smith book.
October 31, 2019, 02:36 PM
sdy
https://johnsolomonreports.com...ection-interference/

Debunking some of the Ukraine scandal myths about Biden and election interference

will do heavy cut & paste, but not print out the entire article

The early pattern of misinformation about Ukraine, Joe Biden and election interference mirrors closely the tactics used in late 2016 and early 2017 to build the false and now-debunked narrative that Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin colluded to hijack the 2016 election.

Myth: There is no evidence the Democratic National Committee sought Ukraine’s assistance during the 2016 election.

The Facts: The Ukrainian embassy in Washington confirmed to me this past April that a Democratic National Committee contractor named Alexandra Chalupa did, in fact, solicit dirt on Donald Trump and Paul Manafort during the spring of 2016 in hopes of spurring a pre-election congressional hearing into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia. The embassy also stated Chalupa tried to get Ukraine’s president at the time, Petro Poroshenko, to do an interview on Manafort with an American investigative reporter working on the issue. The embassy said it turned down both requests.

Myth: There is no evidence that Ukrainian government officials tried to influence the American presidential election in 2016.

The Facts: There are two documented episodes involving Ukrainian government officials’ efforts to influence the 2016 American presidential election. The first occurred in Ukraine, where a court last December ruled that a Parliamentary member and a senior Ukrainian law enforcement official improperly tried to influence the U.S. election by releasing financial records in spring and summer 2016 from an investigation into Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s lobbying activities. The publicity from the release of the so-called Black Ledger documents forced Manafort to resign

The second episode occurred on U.S. soil back in August 2016 when Ukraine’s then-ambassador to Washington, Valeriy Chaly, took the extraordinary step of writing an OpEd in The Hill criticizing GOP nominee Donald Trump and his views on Russia just three months before Election Day

Myth: The allegation that Joe Biden tried to fire the Ukrainian prosecutor investigating his son Hunter Biden’s Ukrainian gas firm employer has been debunked, and there is no evidence the ex-vice president did anything improper.

The Facts: Joe Biden is captured on videotape bragging about his effort to strong-arm Ukraine’s president into firing Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin. Biden told a foreign policy group in early 2018 that he used the threat of withholding $1 billion in U.S. aid to Kiev to successfully force Shokin’s firing

The unresolved question is what motivated Joe Biden to seek Shokin’s ouster. Biden says he took the action solely because the U.S. and Western allies believed Shokin was ineffective in fighting corruption. Shokin told me, ABC News and others that he was fired because Joe Biden was unhappy that the Burisma investigation was not shut down. He made similar statements in an affidavit prepared to be filed in an European court.

Myth: Ukraine’s investigation into Burisma Holdings was no longer active when Joe Biden forced Shokin’s firing in March 2016.

The Facts: This is one of the most egregiously false statements spread by the media. Ukraine’s official case file for Burisma Holdings, provided to me by prosecutors, shows there were two active investigations into the gas firm and its founder Mykola Zlochevsky in early 2016, one involving corruption allegations and the other involving unpaid taxes.

In fact, Shokin told me in an interview he was making plans to interview Burisma board members, including Hunter Biden, at the time he was fired.

Myth: There is no evidence Vice President Joe Biden did anything to encourage Burisma’s hiring of his son Hunter.

The Facts: This is another area where the public facts cry out for more investigation and raise a question in some minds about another appearance of a conflict of interest.

Hunter Biden’s business partner, Devon Archer, was appointed to Burisma’s board in mid-April 2014 and the firm Rosemont Seneca Bohai — jointly owned by Hunter Biden and Devon Archer — received its first payments from the Ukrainian gas company on April 15, 2014, according to the company’s ledgers. That very same day as the first Burisma payment, Devon Archer met with Joe Biden at the White House, according to White House visitor logs. It is not known what the two discussed.

A week later, Joe Biden traveled to Ukraine and met with then-Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk. During that meeting, the American vice president urged Ukraine to ramp up energy production to free itself from its Russian natural gas dependence. Biden even boasted that “an American team is currently in the region working with Ukraine and its neighbors to increase Ukraine’s short-term energy supply.”

Myth: President Trump was trying to force Ukraine to reopen a probe into Burisma Holdings and its founder Mykola Zlochevsky when he talked to Ukraine’s new president, Volodymyr Zelensky, in July of this year.

The Facts: Trump could not have forced the Ukrainians into opening a new Burisma investigation in July because the Ukrainian Prosecutor General’s office had already done so on March 28, 2019, or three months before the call.

Myth: Former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko retracted or recanted his claim that U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch in 2016 identified people and entities she did not what to see prosecuted in Ukraine.

The Facts: In a March interview with me at Hill.TV captured on videotape, Lutsenko stated that during his first meeting with Yovanovitch in summer 2016, the American diplomat rattled off a list of names of Ukrainian individuals and entities she did not want to see investigated or prosecuted. Lutsenko called it a “do not prosecute” list. You can watch that video here. The State Department disputed his characterization as a fabrication, which Hill.TV reported in its original report.

Myth: The narratives about Biden, the U.S. embassy and Ukrainian election interference are conspiracy theories invented by Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, former Mayor Rudy Giuliani, to impact the 2020 election.

The Facts: Giuliani began investigating matters in Ukraine in late fall 2018 as a personal lawyer to the president. But months before his quest began, Ukrainian prosecutors believed they possessed evidence about Burisma, the Bidens and 2016 election interference that might interest the U.S. Justice Department. It is the same evidence that came to light this spring and summer and that is now a focus of the impeachment proceedings.
October 31, 2019, 07:51 PM
wcb6092
DC Circuit Halts Disclosure Of Mueller Grand Jury Materials Just Hours Before Release

https://tennesseestar.com/2019...ours-before-release/

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit temporarily halted the release of grand jury materials from former special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation Tuesday, just hours ahead of their scheduled distribution.

A three-judge panel issued a short directive saying the grand jury documents will be temporarily withheld while it considers an emergency appeal from the Department of Justice (DOJ), which hopes to shield those materials on a permanent basis.

“The purpose of this administrative stay is to give the court sufficient opportunity to consider the emergency motion for stay pending appeal and should not be construed in any way as a ruling on the merits of that motion,” the decision reads.

Judges Patricia Millett, Cornelia Pillard, and Robert Wilkins sit on the panel. Former President Barack Obama appointed all three judges to the bench.

U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell ordered the Justice Department to furnish the Mueller grand jury evidence to the House Judiciary Committee by Wednesday. House Democrats are seeking the information pursuant to their impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump.

Howell’s ruling required the Justice Department to share all portions of the Mueller report that were redacted due to grand jury secrecy rules. She also ordered DOJ to provide transcripts or exhibits referenced in redacted passages.

In its filing with the D.C. Circuit, the Justice Department urged quick action, because Howell’s Wednesday deadline “threatens an irreparable loss of grand-jury secrecy before this court even has a chance to act on the Department’s stay motion.” The government noted that Howell gave no explanation for her deadline, which Congress had not requested.

Elsewhere in the filing, DOJ said Howell’s decision “represents an extraordinary abrogation of grand-jury secrecy.” It said some materials are squarely protected by federal rules of evidence, while others relate to ongoing criminal matters. House Democrats counter that their impeachment inquiry is a judicial proceeding. As such, grand jury secrecy rules do not apply.

Most redactions are in the first volume of the Mueller report. That section surveys Russia’s interference with the 2016 presidential election, and allegations of collusion with the Trump campaign. The second volume has far fewer redactions, as it largely contains the special counsel’s legal analysis of obstruction of justice issues.

The D.C. Circuit also ordered the Judiciary Committee to respond to the Justice Department’s emergency motion by Friday. The Department has until Nov. 5 to file a reply.

The Justice Department declined to comment for this story.

November 02, 2019, 01:24 PM
sdy
on p88, we discussed that McCabe did not drop his court complaint about his dismissal

The DoJ has filed a very long response to that complaint

DoJ response:

https://drive.google.com/file/...k6hURwr665Va4-m/view

(seen at Undercover Huber twitter. An informative source)

The "defendants" are AG Barr and other DoJ.

Bottom line: DOJ calls for McCabe's complaint to be dismissed.

One of the things McCabe complained about was that he only had 7 days to respond to being dismissed. Normally it is 30 days.

The DoJ motion cited that FBI policy is that if there is reasonable cause that an employee committed a crime for which a sentence of imprisonment can be imposed, the advance notice can be curtailed to 7 days.

The DoJ motion is quite detailed. Hard to summarize other than that they responded.

McCabe lied to investigators about the fact that he authorized a leak to the WSJ. In that leak, he confirmed there was an ongoing investigation about the Clinton Foundation.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

adding

The long doc at the link has a very interesting section

It is a verbal back and forth between McCabe and his lawyer Bromwich with Scott Schools of DoJ

I think this is part of McCabes attempt to not get fired

It starts on pdf page 150. Slow at first w McCabe's background, but then gets into details of the leaks.

The WSJ reporter is Devlin Barrett. (Now Barrett is at Wash Post). He has long been a reporter that FBI folks have leaked to.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,