SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"Incredible – FBI Blocking Release of Unredacted Text Messages Between Lisa Page and Peter Strzok"

https://theconservativetreehou...ge-and-peter-strzok/

Apparently they want top wait until after the 2020 election to release them. Presumably when they have a more "friendly" president. Once again, tic toc run out the clock. Wray works for Sessions 2.0 (err, I mean Barr..) who has authority to declass anything. Yet he lets Wray continuously block investigations. (Government or otherwise). These texts were sent over non-classified government phones, there is NO reason for them to be redacted or denied release.

Unless the FBI is just seeking to hide their treason.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
On May 23rd, 2019, President Donald Trump gave U.S. Attorney General Bill Barr full authority to review and release all of the classified material hidden by the DOJ, FBI, State Department, CIA, FISA Court, and aggregate intelligence apparatus. It’s been over 90 days…

Is it within Trumps executive powers to demand these be released without any further delay? If so why has he not done it? Waiting closer to the election perhaps? Again Judicial Watch and Tom Fitton are being relentless on these things. I never donate a single dime to any campaign I prefer to write Judicial Watch a meaningful check once a year. Way better value for my money.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
On May 23rd, 2019, President Donald Trump gave U.S. Attorney General Bill Barr full authority to review and release all of the classified material hidden by the DOJ, FBI, State Department, CIA, FISA Court, and aggregate intelligence apparatus. It’s been over 90 days…

Is it within Trumps executive powers to demand these be released without any further delay? If so why has he not done it? Waiting closer to the election perhaps? Again Judicial Watch and Tom Fitton are being relentless on these things. I never donate a single dime to any campaign I prefer to write Judicial Watch a meaningful check once a year. Way better value for my money.

Probably because it never ends and the man has absolute rivers of bullshit to wade through and only 24 hours in a day to do it.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Wray is the second worst appointment Trump has made. He is a swamp creature to his very marrow.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Do we have enough rope?

Nice thing about rope, it can be used again, and again and again!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I know everyone is tired of hearing "the report is coming" but here is the latest from John Solomon.

https://www.washingtonexaminer...-abuse-investigation

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz has reportedly completed his investigation into alleged Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act abuses by the Justice Department and FBI.

"What I can report tonight, Sean, is that the IG has completed his work on the FISA abuse report. It's expected to be transmitted as early as next week to Attorney General William Barr and that will begin a process of declassification,"

"I think we are still on track for that timeline, I've been saying on your show: mid-September to early October seems the most likely release point,"

Horowitz's team is examining the FISA application and three renewals beginning in October 2016 to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page . The applications relied heavily on the unverified dossier compiled by British ex-spy Christopher Steele, who was hired by opposition research firm Fusion GPS and funded by Democrats.

Posts: 19559 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Is John Durham still on salary? If he’s done anything I have yet to hear of it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8930 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“A Justice Department inspector general has concluded former FBI Director James Comey did not 'live up' to his responsibility to safeguard sensitive information – but has not recommended he be prosecuted for the leak of memos of his awkward conversations with President Trump.
……
'The OIG has provided this report to the FBI and to the Department of Justice Office of Professional Responsibility for action they deem appropriate,' it said – a referral below a recommendation of sending it to a prosecutor…”

https://mol.im/a/7407333

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8930 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Rudy G was quite agitated on Ingram show about the Comey felonies signing the FISA warrants.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Get used to hearing these words over the next few months as these reports come out:

"The DOJ has declined to prosecute"

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Get used to hearing these words over the next few months as these reports come out:

WORD!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless people are prosecuted and go to jail- The entire Deep State Coup is just a right wing conspiracy theory.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
It almost seems as if we have two tiers of the Justice system.

It’s Just Us conservatives and little people that get prosecuted if we commit crimes.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
It almost seems as if we have two tiers of the Justice system.

It’s Just Us conservatives and little people that get prosecuted if we commit crimes.

There's no "almost" about it.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

WORD!

There is one potential bright side though... If, (and I mean IF) Repubs manage to somehow grow a pair. Eventually they will have a chance to do the same to a Democratic POTUS. Apparently, the president has been set that none of these things are crimes, so by default, they should be able to do the same to the next Democrat POTUS.

The default answer to all the made up nonsense leveled against President Trump should be thus:

"Go ahead... Give it your best shot... We're going to sit back and take notes. What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander."

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Matthew Whitaker: DOJ Meeting Suggests Andrew McCabe Will Be Indicted ‘Imminently’

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...cabe-indictment-doj/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24054 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Matthew Whitaker: DOJ Meeting Suggests Andrew McCabe Will Be Indicted ‘Imminently’

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...cabe-indictment-doj/

Does anyone else see the delicious irony in charging an FBI agent with lying to the FBI, which (as in institution) has such an extensive history of lying to the courts as well as the public it was supposedly created to serve?

God, I hope this (an indictment) is true and the culture of the agency can be changed into something more closely resembling lie the agency has been misrepresenting itself as for so many decades.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This post is about an article by Chuck Ross.

CTH is barking up the same tree.

They are saying that the IG report just released indicates that when Comey briefed Donald Trump on 6 Jan 2017, it really wasn't a brief to help Donald Trump. It was a trap just like the FBI trap interview of Michael Flynn.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...mp-briefing-dossier/

An inspector general’s report released Thursday says that witnesses told Justice Department investigators that FBI officials wanted to use a briefing that James Comey provided President Donald Trump in early 2017 about sex allegations made in the Steele dossier to collect information that might be of use in the Russia probe.

The witness statements, which are laid out in a scathing 83-page report on Comey, would seem to undercut the former FBI director’s claims about the purpose of the briefing, which was held at Trump Tower on Jan. 6, 2017.

Comey has long asserted that he had a one-on-one meeting with Trump in order to give the then-president-elect a heads up about salacious rumors contained in the dossier, which former British spy Christopher Steele compiled while on the payroll of the DNC and Clinton campaign.

The FBI’s Russia team held a meeting prior to the briefing to strategize about what information could be gathered, the OIG report says.

Comey also treated information that he wrote in a memo after the meeting with Trump the same as if it were derived during surveillance under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). Lisa Page, a top FBI attorney who worked on the Russia probe, also told the OIG that Comey asked that a memo he wrote after his briefing to Trump should be included in the Russia investigation case file because it was “central to investigative activity.”

Trump’s allies have alleged that Comey and other intelligence community officials set the series of events leading up to the Comey-Trump briefing in order to force the dossier into the public domain. Trump himself has said that he believed Comey’s briefing was meant to intimidate him.

According to the OIG report, witnesses told investigators that FBI officials had discussions about “Trump’s potential responses to being told about the ‘salacious’ information.” The officials believed “Trump might make statements about, or provide information of value to, the pending Russian interference investigation.”

FBI executives also agreed prior to the briefing that Comey should write a memo in order to record the “salient details of those conversations.”

“What was supposed to be a defensive briefing was anything but,” said Jordan, adding that the briefing appears to have been an attempt “to trap the president in an attempt to help their investigation.”

Lisa Page, who served as counsel to McCabe, told the office of the inspector general that Comey met with the FBI team leading the Russia probe after his initial meeting with Trump.

She said that Comey briefed the team on the discussions, and shared the memo so that it could be added to the FBI case file

Comey also treated the information in the memo the same way as information obtained through surveillance through FISA.

Comey told the OIG that he believed the memo “ought to be treated…[like] FISA derived information or information in a [counterintelligence] investigation.”

The FBI and other government agencies use FISA in order to secretly collect foreign intelligence information for counterintelligence investigations

Comey had a secure laptop waiting for him in his FBI vehicle. He started writing a summary of the 6 Jan 2017 mtg right after he got in to leave.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

same topic w story by Byron York

https://www.washingtonexaminer...oscow-sex-allegation

So, preparations were made. "Comey said he had a secure FBI laptop waiting for him in his FBI vehicle and that when he got into the vehicle, he was handed the laptop and 'began typing as the vehicle moved,'" the report says. He worked on his account as the FBI car took him to the New York field office, where aides had set up a secure video teleconference with Rybicki, McCabe, Baker, and the "Crossfire Hurricane" supervisors. Comey continued to work on his memo after that and sent the group a final version the next day, Saturday, Jan. 7.

In his memoir, A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership, Comey wrote that at the Trump Tower briefing he assured the president-elect, "We are not investigating you, sir."

At the moment Comey said those words, he had the "Crossfire Hurricane" team ready for a secure video conference on Trump's response to the Steele dossier allegation.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
James Clapper defending Comey:

"One man's leaker is another man's whistleblower"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There are multiple examples from the memos of what a snake Comey was. Here is one:

From 28 Jan 2017 memo

In talking about the sex tape that Steele said the Russians were holding over Donald Trump, Comey wrote

"He said he thought maybe he should ask me to investigate the whole thing to prove it was a lie. I replied that it was up to him, but I wouldn't want to create a narrative that we were investigating him, because we were not and I worried such a thing might be misconstrued."

Comey explicitly lied to the President

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Andy McCarthy's book "Ball of Collusion" appears to be very good. (I have only read a little so far.)

Here is one small piece from the book.

While Clinton keeps raising Donald Trump coordination/collusion w Russia, do you recall Skolkovo ?

A 2017 article:

https://www.nationalreview.com...erests-putin-regime/

Hillary Clinton also favored Skolkovo, an “innovation city” near Moscow, which enjoyed some $5 billion in Russian-government seed money. She discussed Skolkovo with Russia’s then-president, Dimitry Medvedev.

“At a long meeting I had with Medvedev outside Moscow in October 2009, he raised his plan to build a high-tech corridor in Russia modeled after our own Silicon Valley,” Hillary said. “When I suggested that he visit the original in California, he turned to his staff and told them to follow up.”

The month before Medved’s June 2010 visit to Silicon Valley, the State Department arranged for 22 leading U.S. venture capitalists to tour Skolkovo. Under Hillary, State encouraged American companies to participate in the Skolkovo project. Cisco, Google, and Intel are among those that got involved.

By 2012, Skolkovo boasted 28 “Key Partners” in the U.S., Europe, and Russia. Among these major supporting organizations, three-fifths had donated or pledged funds to the Clinton Foundation or paid speaking fees to Bill Clinton. According to From Russia with Money, an August 2016 study by the Government Accountability Institute, these 17 “Key Partner” entities donated between $6.5 million and $23.5 million to the Clinton Foundation.

Far more troubling, in 2014, the FBI wrote companies that operated in Skolkovo or backed the Skolkovo Foundation.

“The foundation may be a means for the Russian government to access our nation’s sensitive or classified research development facilities and dual-use technologies with military and commercial application,” warned Boston-based FBI agent Lucia Ziobro. “The FBI believes the true motives of the Russian partners, who are often funded by their government, is to gain access to classified, sensitive, and emerging technology from the companies.”

The U.S. Army Foreign Military Studies Program at Fort Leavenworth concluded in 2013: “Skolkovo is arguably an overt alternative to clandestine industrial espionage.”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,