SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I object to all the "treason" talk. Even given that the Democrats probably colluded with the Russians to get the information in the "Dossier", it doesn't rise (IMO) to attempts to aid and abet the enemy, and it certainly doesn't seem to include instances of espionage.

I think the more accurate term for what happened would be "sedition", which describes any actions designed to damage or eliminate a ruler or government.

Treason is properly punished by execution. Sedition probably only requires long imprisonment (and should get it).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
I'm reading this book. I suggest it for those interested. It is pretty hard to put down after the first 5-6 pages. [ I have no association with the publisher or Amazon ]

Amazon link > https://www.amazon.com/Deep-St...ativeASIN=1635764939

It is a best seller, so it may be in your local library.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
disappointing

No prosecution of an FBI leaker.

Not clear the person is still an FBI employee. If so, they should be fired.

Note: this is not McCabe. This report is about an FBI Deputy Assistant Director

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have given up any hope for justice in this nation. Endless “investigation” with the same result: the law simply does not apply to the left.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Did Brits warn about Steele's credibility, before Mueller's probe? Congress has evidence
BY JOHN SOLOMON, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 05/29/19 07:00 PM EDT

The Hill > https://thehill.com/opinion/wh...llers-probe-congress
=============================================
"One of the deepest, darkest secrets of Russiagate soon may be unmasked. Even President Trump may be surprised."

"Multiple witnesses have told Congress that, a week before Trump’s inauguration in January 2017, Britain’s top national security official sent a private communique to the incoming administration, addressing his country’s participation in the counterintelligence probe into the now-debunked Trump-Russia election collusion"..........
......."the whistleblower told Congress he personally delivered the memo to Flynn on Jan. 12, 2017, was aware of its content about Steele, and later ensured the document was sent for preservation in the national security archives of the Trump transition team, the investigators say. The whistleblower also claimed to overhear Flynn’s team discussing the memo.

The investigators interviewed a second former National Security Council (NSC) staffer who claimed to have read the memo in Flynn’s office. That person, who requested anonymity because he isn’t authorized to talk to the press, told me in an interview that the document contained an explanation from Grant that British authorities assisted the early U.S. investigation into Trump-Russia collusion and later concluded Steele’s intelligence was unreliable.".......

......"If the British memo exists, it was never shared with House Intelligence, House Judiciary, House Oversight or Senate Judiciary committees, despite their exhaustive investigations into the Steele dossier, congressional investigators told me. These investigators learned about the document in the past few weeks, setting off a mad scramble to locate it and talk to witnesses.

If the witnesses’ recollections are correct, the British communique could become one of the most significant pieces of evidence to emerge in the investigation of the Russia-collusion investigators.

It would mean that Trump was never told of the warning Flynn’s team received, and that the FBI and DOJ continued to rely on Steele’s uncorroborated allegations for many months, as they renewed the FISA warrant at least two more times and named Mueller as special prosecutor to investigate Russia collusion.".......

....."Former House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), whose staff has been fighting unsuccessfully to gain access to the British communique, told me Wednesday its public release would further accentuate "that the FBI and DOJ were dead wrong to rely on the dossier in the Russia investigation and to use it as a basis to spy on Americans."

"“A whistleblower recently revealed the existence of a communique from our allies in Great Britain during the early days of the Russia collusion investigation,” Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), a member of the House Oversight Committee, told me.

“Based on my conversations with that individual, and the credible timelines that are supported by other events, I made a referral to Attorney General William Barr and Inspector General Michael Horowitz for further investigation,” he added. “There now is overwhelming evidence to suggest that on multiple occasions the FBI was warned that Christopher Steele and the dossier had severe credibility issues.”........

"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-under-investigation

2016 intel briefing didn't warn of Russian outreach to Trump campaign or investigation of aides

A mid-August 2016 counterintelligence briefing for the Trump campaign did not specifically warn officials about Russian outreach to the Trump team, nor did it warn that two campaign aides, Mike Flynn and George Papadopoulos, were already under FBI investigation, Fox News has learned.

The new details about the so-called “defensive briefing” have emerged from congressional letters, text messages between FBI agent Peter Strzok and lawyer Lisa Page, and sources familiar with the matter. Such briefings are designed to warn the candidate and his team about national security threats.

“There was a defensive briefing of candidate Trump on Aug. 17 of 2016,” Texas Rep. John Ratcliffe, a member of the House Judiciary Committee, said Thursday on Fox News’ “America’s Newsroom.” “And I can tell you what he wasn't told: He wasn't warned about a Russia investigation that Peter Strzok had opened 18 days earlier.”

Strzok, who was later removed from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigative team for sending anti-Trump texts, was a central coordinator for the FBI on the defensive briefing, which included multiple agencies.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Not surprising, Huber was apparently a head fake by Sessions, who is seemingly ever more "Deep Swamp". Disappointing. All eggs seemingly now in Durham's basket...

BREAKING: Attorney General Barr Discloses US Attorney Huber NEVER EVEN STARTED His Investigation — US Attorney John Durham Took Over His Work

Today on CBS Attorney General William Barr disclosed that the Huber investigation is over. Huber was assigned to look at FISA applications and the electronic surveillance during the 2016 election and actions by Hillary Clinton. Huber did not even start his investigation. He didn’t do a damn thing!
AG Barr said this morning on CBS News that Huber did nothing and his work was taken over by the team he set up under US Attorney John Durham:

JAN CRAWFORD: Um, what’s the status of Huber’s investigation in Utah? I think the former Attorney General Sessions had asked him to look at this.

WILLIAM BARR: Right, so Huber had originally been asked to take a look at the FISA applications and the electronic surveillance but then he stood back and put that on hold while the Office of Inspector General was conducting its review, which would’ve been normal for the department. And he was essentially on standby in case Mr. Horowitz referred a matter to him to be handled criminally. So he has not been active on this front in recent months and so Durham is taking over that role. The other issues he’s been working on relate to Hillary Clinton. Those are winding down and hopefully we’ll be in a position to bring those to fruition.

JAN CRAWFORD: So he won’t be involved in this really at all then?

WILLIAM BARR: No.

JAN CRAWFORD: This is his role, it’s done?

WILLIAM BARR: Right.

JAN CRAWFORD: And now Durham is going to pick up–

WILLIAM BARR: Yes, right.

We reported this three days ago from an interview of Joe diGenova and now AG Barr has confirmed it.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...-took-over-his-work/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
WILLIAM BARR: Right, so Huber had originally been asked to take a look at the FISA applications and the electronic surveillance but then he stood back and put that on hold while the Office of Inspector General was conducting its review, which would’ve been normal for the department. And he was essentially on standby in case Mr. Horowitz referred a matter to him to be handled criminally. So he has not been active on this front in recent months

Since the IG never saw fit to send any criminal referrals, leaving Huber "standing by" (yea right, he wasn't going to do shit anyway...), I take from this that the IG report will be another dud.

Let's have another round of no consequences, on the house!

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not surprising, Huber was apparently a head fake by Sessions, who is seemingly ever more "Deep Swamp"

Yep, saw this coming. Sessions never wanted the light to shine on these cockroaches.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Looks like that FBI agent that the DOJ declined to prosecute might be Strozk. Shocker...

Am I surprised? Nope. Am I pissed at myself for being so naive as to think that the law actually mattered in this country? Yup.

https://theconservativetreehou...eclined/#more-164449

Rep. Collins Identifies Peter Strzok as Likely FBI Official Who Leaked Grand Jury Information and Prosecution Declined…

Posted on May 31, 2019 by sundance

This is rather stunning. In letters from Representative Doug Collins to Inspector General Horowitz and AG Bill Barr, Collins identifies Deputy Asst. Director Peter Strzok as the official who leaked grand jury information to the media and yet the DOJ refused to prosecute. Incredible.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Looks like that FBI agent that the DOJ declined to prosecute might be Strozk. Shocker...

Am I surprised? Nope. Am I pissed at myself for being so naive as to think that the law actually mattered in this country? Yup.

Rep. Collins Identifies Peter Strzok as Likely FBI Official Who Leaked Grand Jury Information and Prosecution Declined…

This is rather stunning. In letters from Representative Doug Collins to Inspector General Horowitz and AG Bill Barr, Collins identifies Deputy Asst. Director Peter Strzok as the official who leaked grand jury information to the media and yet the DOJ refused to prosecute. Incredible.

I'm no longer surprised at anything that does or does not happen in this entire farce! I never did trust that beady eyed Horowitz and I doubt Barr is going to add any teeth to his bark.

But just wait until we see all the declassified material! Should be any day now yessir any day.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Roger Stone post calls for former CIA Director John Brennan to be 'hung for treason': report
Eek
Fox News > https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-be-hung-for-treason

===============================================
.....but the tweet was soon "redacted"

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This is a companion post to one HighZonie made above. In that one, John Solomon reported that British intel warned the U.S. that Steele was unreliable.

This post is based on material from blogger "Undercover Huber"

John Solomon twitter:

Over a year ago, Undercover Huber reported that Steele had given the dossier to Sir Charles Farr, then Chairman of the JIC (a former colleague of Steele's in MI6)

Undercover Huber (not related to real Doj Huber), provides this chart and points out that the two top UK senior intel advisors report directly to PM May

https://twitter.com/johnwhuber?lang=en

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

I'm no longer surprised at anything that does or does not happen in this entire farce! I never did trust that beady eyed Horowitz and I doubt Barr is going to add any teeth to his bark.

But just wait until we see all the declassified material! Should be any day now yessir any day.

Why can't the FBI interview him, then prosecute him for lying to the FBI. Oh, that's right, 2 different sets of rules. This whole farce is infuriating.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This is a change from an earlier post

"The Times of London" is now reporting that Christopher Steele is set to meet w American officials in the coming weeks.

An insider at Steele’s Orbis Business Intelligence company said the former MI6 officer told the Department of Justice that he would only discuss his dealings with the FBI and wanted assurances that U.S. officials would secure the agreement of the British government, which has reportedly not yet been approached about the meeting

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Uh-huh. In Britain or in the U.S.?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.realclearpolitics....n_under_the_bus.html

New York Times Matthew Rosenberg said Christopher Steele, author of the Steele dossier, is increasingly concerned that he will be thrown under the bus after he speaks to investigators about the role he played in the Trump-Russia probe. Rosenberg, calling Steele "simply a source of information," said the British national had "nothing to do" with any misuse of the dossier for FISA warrant purposes.

"He is incredibly concerned and obsessed this investigation is going to throw him under the bus. And his view, at least from the people close to him, is, 'Look, I was working on this dossier that people were paying for. I saw things that the Democrats were paying for. I saw things that seemed frightening to me and alarming. I went to old contacts of the FBI to tell them. I wasn't a paid source in this case.' That's his view of it," Rosenberg reported on Tuesday's 'CNN Tonight' with host Don Lemon.

"He was simply helping them out. And what they did with it, if they used -- misused it in a FISA, whatever they did, he had nothing to do with that. Which is to a degree true. He's not part of that process. He was simply a source of information. And I think he's acutely concerned he's going to be thrown under the bus here," Rosenberg said.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

what a load of BS. Steele was working hard to get major news media to publish his dossier claims w/o naming him, but citing "a Western intelligence source".

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And just as clearly angling to set himself up for a book deal (or two) or one kind or another. Hey, maybe even a movie script.

But when he answers questions, is he doing so under any threat of penalties for not telling the truth or withholding information? If this is just a courtesy interview outside of the DOJ's jurisdiction then I have to wonder what, if anything, is ultimately the purpose of the conversation since it would be all too easy for Steele to make the most self-serving decisions possible.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
"He is incredibly concerned and obsessed this investigation is going to throw him under the bus.

It's not the investigation that is going to throw you under the bus you fool! It's the cabal of cowards and jackals you have chosen to willingly and eagerly associate yourself with that are going to at the very least throw you under the bus if not worse! Imbecile!

This is what happens when you splash in the swamp with the likes of the Clinton's. When shit goes bad you have no friends. None!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
From sdy’s post: “New York Times Matthew Rosenberg said Christopher Steele, author of the Steele dossier, is increasingly concerned that he will be thrown under the bus after he speaks to investigators about the role he played in the Trump-Russia probe.”

What? He’s worried just because he authored a made-up story smearing President Trump?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8944 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post