SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
She knows a lot as she was at the ground floor of this Russia hoax and probably never in her wildest dreams thought it could ever come to this. My guess she is scared shitless and could be easily squeezed.

Heh. Any human that uses ham radio to skirt data collection methods has every intention to do so, and probably the knowledge of the shitstorm they could possibly incur.

True. Perhaps saying that she never thought in her widest dreams that Hillary would not be elected and that she would never have to concern herself with repercussions for her actions is better stated.

She's scared shitless I guarantee it and so is Bruce. Now we wait and see if Barr has the stomach for it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

Now we wait and see if Barr has the stomach for it.

I'm just going to go waaaay out on a limb here (sarcasm) and say "yes." Especially after what the Senate dims attempted to do yesterday.

AG Barr does not look very amused with what is going on in Washington right now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Their treatment of Barr signals they know what is coming. There is no reason to do this to him if they don’t think the days of reckoning were ahead.

They are semi intelligent fools with a poor record of predicting. I think and hope they are right on this one.

Will they go “scorched earth” when the bomb drops? I hope the meetings planning their reactions are surveilled. Those discussions are likely Dusys.

Posts: 7454 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now we wait and see if Barr has the stomach for it.

Right now D.C. is like the OK Coral, with the two sides squared off and weapons drawn. Only one side will be left standing when the gunsmoke clears.

And, actually, it's not the Democrats versus Trump, it is the Democrats versus America. If the totalitarian Democrats were to win, America as the land of the free would cease to exist.

But they won't win.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
“But they won’t win”

Evidence of that is DT winning. If he wouldn’t have won, they would have.

Posts: 7454 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's shocking to me just how deeply and openly disrespectful the Democrats all were yesterday to the Attorney General of the United States.

If anyone had EVER behaved like that to an Obama AG, their head would be on a pike right now.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
“... We will have no choice but to move quickly to hold the attorney general in contempt if he stalls or fails to negotiate in good faith,” Nadler said. “If he does not provide this committee with the information it demands and the respect it deserves, Mr. Barr’s moment of accountability will come soon enough. ...”

-Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...g-sans-barr-n1001061

You, that chickin' likkin' Cohen, nor the rest of your ilk, wouldn't know respect if it slapped the stupid out of your head.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Jesus H Christmas. Mad

The Democrats MUST PAY dearly next year.

This is them today with AG Barr's empty chair.

FUCKING ASSHOLES. You WILL pay.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Here's how bad it is: Pelosi is now saying that Barr committed perjury, "he lied to Congress!"

When asked if he should go to prison, Pelosi implies that if they (the Democrats in Congress) can find someone in law enforcement to bring charges, then, that process will be set in motion.

It's hard to summarize, read it here:

https://www.politico.com/story...-to-congress-1298314

I think it comes down to this: The Democrats know they need to destroy Barr-- and Trump-- OR a whole conga line of Democrats are going to do the ankle-chain-mambo to the big house.

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
re: Pelosi comments in link above :

"“He lied to Congress. He lied to Congress,” Pelosi said soon after at a news conference. “And if anybody else did that, it would be considered a crime. Nobody is above the law. Not the president of the United States, and not the attorney general.“

comment: Keep spouting Ms. Pelosi. We'll see shortly which side of your mouth you use when the rest of the reports are filed.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I'm struggling to understand how what Barr is doing is so much worse than what Holder did, because it's not even close, not even close. He was held in contempt of Congress and just continued to act like the cocky ass that he is, mostly because he knew he held the strings for prosecution.

He was blatant about his partisanship, unlike Barr.

Anyone remember this?
Eric Holder: I'm still the presidents wingman

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ We must see the Democrats within the framework of totalitarianism. Then, everything they say and do makes sense, even the most bizarre, irrational things. They are totalitarians attempting to nail down their hold on America-- "fundamentally transform" America.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"...so in the words of my late friend Aretha Franklin, show some R-E-S-P-I-C-T!..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Hirono was so awful that Lyndsey Graham actually had to step in and shut her up and end her "questioning." Despicable woman.

I didn't think it was possible but she stooped even lower than her behavior at the kavanaugh hearings. She really is a piece of work. It's hard to even listen to her

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
^^^ We must see the Democrats within the framework of totalitarianism. Then, everything they say and do makes sense, even the most bizarre, irrational things. They are totalitarians attempting to nail down their hold on America-- "fundamentally transform" America.

^^^^ This right here.

We are in the midst of a coup plain and simple. Or whatever term you want to call it.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
History draws a direct line between the behavior of the democrats over the last few years (and especially the last few days) and the turmoil the world is witnessing in Venezuela. A direct line. It's not a matter of IF this country goes to war with each other, it is a matter of WHEN.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After the entirely disrespectful display yesterday by Dems against Barr, if Barr does not hammer them all including Pelosi with today's statements as much as I hate to say it he will deserve what he gets. Same with Trump and everyone else that is caught in this justice system as political weapon fiasco

If Barr has what I for one think he has - brains and balls to go with what is most surely solid proof of criminal acts - he will utterly destroy the Dems rhetoric with the sound of gasps and cuffs as perp walks begin

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's not a matter of IF this country goes to war with each other, it is a matter of WHEN.

The lunatics on the left are pushing harder on the accelerator pedal instead of backing off, which is what should be happening now that Mueller's report is out. This foolish nonsense can't continue and we seem to be rapidly approaching a point where the rubber will meet the pavement. Things are escalating and neither side is poised to backtrack. Reason and communication are largely vacant, which is a likely prelude to something worse.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Things are moving fast.

NYT reports the FBI spied on Geo Papadopoulos

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...estigator-trump.html

F.B.I. Sent Investigator Posing as Assistant to Meet With Trump Aide in 2016

The conversation at a London bar in September 2016 took a strange turn when the woman sitting across from George Papadopoulos, a Trump campaign adviser, asked a direct question: Was the Trump campaign working with Russia?

The woman had set up the meeting to discuss foreign policy issues. But she was actually a government investigator posing as a research assistant, according to people familiar with the operation. The F.B.I. sent her to London as part of the counterintelligence inquiry opened that summer to better understand the Trump campaign’s links to Russia.

The American government’s affiliation with the woman, who said her name was Azra Turk, is one previously unreported detail of an operation that has become a political flash point in the face of accusations by President Trump and his allies that American law enforcement and intelligence officials spied on his campaign to undermine his electoral chances. Last year, he called it “Spygate.”

The decision to use Ms. Turk in the operation aimed at a presidential campaign official shows the level of alarm inside the F.B.I. during a frantic period when the bureau was trying to determine the scope of Russia’s attempts to disrupt the 2016 election, but could also give ammunition to Mr. Trump and his allies for their spying claims.

Ms. Turk went to London to help oversee the politically sensitive operation, working alongside a longtime informant, the Cambridge professor Stefan A. Halper

A spokesman for the F.B.I. declined to comment, as did a lawyer for Mr. Halper, Robert D. Luskin. Last year, Bill Priestap, then the bureau’s top counterintelligence agent who was deeply involved in the Russia inquiry, told Congress during a closed-door hearing that there was no F.B.I. conspiracy against Mr. Trump or his campaign.

The London operation yielded no fruitful information, but F.B.I. officials have called the bureau’s activities in the months before the election both legal and carefully considered under extraordinary circumstances. They are now under scrutiny as part of an investigation by Michael E. Horowitz, the Justice Department inspector general. He could make the results public in May or June, Attorney General William P. Barr has said. Some of the findings are likely to be classified.

It is unclear whether Mr. Horowitz will find fault with the F.B.I.’s decision to have Ms. Turk, whose real name is not publicly known, meet with Mr. Papadopoulos. Mr. Horowitz has focused among other things on the activities of Mr. Halper, who accompanied Ms. Turk in one of her meetings with Mr. Papadopoulos and also met with him and other campaign aides separately. The bureau might also have seen Ms. Turk’s role as essential for protecting Mr. Halper’s identity as an informant if prosecutors ever needed court testimony about their activities.

Mr. Barr reignited the controversy last month when he told Congress, “I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal.” He backed off the charged declaration later in the same hearing, saying: “I think spying did occur. The question is whether it was adequately predicated. And I’m not suggesting that it wasn’t adequately predicated. But I need to explore that.”

While in London in 2016, Ms. Turk exchanged emails with Mr. Papadopoulos, saying meeting him had been the “highlight of my trip,” according to messages provided by Mr. Papadopoulos.

“I am excited about what the future holds for us Smile,” she wrote.

Weeks before Mr. Papadopoulos met with Ms. Turk and Mr. Halper, the F.B.I. had opened its investigation into the Russia effort — based largely on information that Mr. Papadopoulos had relayed to an Australian diplomat about a Russian offer to help the Trump campaign by releasing thousands of hacked Democratic emails.

The F.B.I. received the information from the Australian government on July 26, 2016, the special counsel’s report said, and the bureau code-named its investigation Crossfire Hurricane.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Things are moving fast.

NYT reports the FBI spied on Geo Papadopoulos...

If the NYT is trying to become a real news organization, that would be nice, but I am very skeptical.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post