SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you have been following this story, Comey's testimony is completely unbelievable

Yes.

Comey may not have always been a bad cop, but he became one. He covered for Hillary and has been lying ever since to try to cover that up.
What we have learned since is that he was personally enriched (while at Lockheed) through his association with Bob Mueller. He has been lying to protect Hillary, Mueller, and of course, himself.

Under Obama, the DOJ and the FBI were corrupted and weaponized politically. So was the IRS and the CIA and the rest of the "national security apparatus".

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eh, he's trying to run out the clock in the hopes that he can portray all this as ancient history if the House picks up the ball again after the 2020 elections.

Which is why one may hope that the ongoing case regarding Hillary's emails is, shall we say, forcibly instructive?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Under Obama, the DOJ and the FBI were corrupted and weaponized politically.

And unfortunately they still are.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a break in the Comey testimony to note the government sentencing memo on James Wolfe.

Wolfe was the Senate Intel Comm security lead. He leaked info to reporters.

A sentence of 24 months incarceration is recommended. (guidelines are only 0 to 6 months)

link to pdf of sentencing doc:

https://t.co/8frWbbhklf

A lot of people have noted that something seems strange about the charges against Wolfe. The charges do not include revealing classified info.

The charges are that Wolfe lied to FBI investigators.

Need to digest the 35 page sentencing recommendation.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

adding:

The sentencing document says Wolfe is not alleged to have disclosed classified info. Wolfe did reveal to reporters unclassified but sensitive info to the Sen Intel comm.

He lied multiple times to the FBI. Because the impact of the investigation caused significant disruption to a government function and endangered national security, the FBI recommended an "upward departure" from the guidelines.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
There were reports that John Huber was to give an update to one of the House committees, but haven't heard any more about that.

The House Oversight Comm will have a hearing 13 Dec 2018 at 2pm

OVERSIGHT OF NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS: A CASE STUDY ON THE CLINTON FOUNDATION

Mark Meadows said the House will be hearing from 3 Clinton Foundation whistle blowers, but it is not clear that will come in the Thur 2pm hearing

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:

so what's THIS guy on?

He was pretty good on Taxi.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Michael Cohen has been sentenced to 36 months in prison for his crimes, far below the guideline of 51 - 63 months laid out by New York prosecutors. The Judge noted that the guidelines aren't binding and had the ability to issue a lesser sentence.

Cohen has also been hit with forfeiture of $500,000, restitution of $1.4 million and a fine of $50,000. He will be allowed to voluntarily surrender on March 6.

Judge Pauley has responded following Cohen's statement, saying "Mr. Cohen’s crimes implicate a far more insidious crime to our democratic institutions especially in view of his subsequent plea to making false statements to Congress," adding that Cohen's crimes warrant "specific deterrence."

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This post will try to finish off my summary of the Comey testimony last Friday. The transcript is 237 pages long, so there is a lot left out

Comey is asked about Michael Sussmann of Perkins Coie giving information about the investigation to then General Counsel Baker. Baker transmitted that info to other people in the investigative team.

Comey says "I don't think it's particularly noteworthy that he wouldn't tell me"

Comey:

"I think it's important that any material issue of bias be surfaced for a court about one of your sources, and so I think it made sense for the Department of Justice to alert the court that there was politically motivated financial support for this effort."

"And the particulars of which Democrats, which Republicans, I wouldn't think would be important to the court. They'd want to be aware of the general bias, and that's my reaction."

Question: there were a number of questions about the particulars of whether you knew or the court knew that the DNC had specifically paid Perkins Coie as a law firm and that had been the conduit to paying Christopher Steele.
Did you think the particulars of that were important to either your analysis or to the FISA court?

Comey: No, I wouldn't think so. It actually doesn't even seem important to me now , who cares what particular organizations or particular people. The court needed to be aware that there's a potential for bias because there's a political motivation to the support for this effort.

What did the FBI say in the FISA warrant? The FBI wrote that Source #1 (Steele) was not advised as to the motivation behind the research into Candidate 1’s ties to Russia.

Does that sound truthful ?

In the warrant, the FBI “speculates” that the identified U.S. person (Glenn Simpson) was “likely” looking for info to discredit Candidate #1’s (Donald Trump) campaign.

Glenn Simpson testified that no one from Fusion GPS talked to the FBI. So did all the info about the "identified U.S. person" come from Steele ?

The FBI speculates about Fusion GPS motivation but never talked to Fusion GPS ??

Comey says the initial allegation in the counterintel investigation had nothing to do w the Steele dossier

Steele briefed an FBI agent on 5 July 2016

The DEMs ask a lot of questions about Donald Trump asking Comey to go easy on Michael Flynn. Comey’s answers and the DEM focus imply Mueller & DEMs are considering obstruction of justice charges regarding that. There are many pages of testimony from DEM questions about that

Comey: Well, the President of the United States asked me, directed me in my apprehension of it to drop a criminal investigation, and so that is an extraordinary use of power and could amount to obstruction of justice. That is a corrupt endeavor to impede the administration of justice

Comey said Donald Trump’s leadership style reminded him of a mafia boss style.

Comey says he did not know Steele gave info to Bruce Ohr

Comey says he did not know if Christopher Steele had any bias against President Trump

Mr. Jordan. Okay. Were you aware that Christopher Steele had met with representatives in the media in September of 2016?

Mr. Comey. No.

Mr. Jordan. So didn't know anything about that and didn't know that he had met with Mr. Isikoff with Yahoo News?

Mr. Comey. No. And I don't even know whether that's true

Isikoff has publicly admitted that Steele gave him the inputs for the Yahoo Sept 2016 story. Comey is in a spot here. The warrant cites the Yahoo story as corroboration of the Steele material, and specifically says the Yahoo story is not sourced by Steele.

When you look at all the places where Comey says he doesn't remember or that he never knew, you see the pattern of corrupt FBI acts to frame Donald Trump. Comey is building his personal defense against the many worst case things we have discussed.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Lots of stuff happening. Some developments in the sentencing of Michael Flynn.

The sentencing is scheduled for 18 Dec 2018.

In the discussion above about Comey testimony, Comey and the DEMs pushed hard that Donald Trump had obstructed justice by asking for Comey to go easy on Flynn.

But the Flynn defense team submitted their recommendations for sentencing. In that filing, they raised some troubling issues straight from FBI documents.

A blogger called Techno Fog posted something from the judge that was made today

https://twitter.com/Techno_Fog

New Court Order in the Flynn case (12/12/2018):

1) The parties are ordered to file ALL FBI 302 forms.

2) The Special Counsel is ordered to file its reply to Flynn's sentencing memo by 12/14/2018.

From CTH:

Now Judge Emmet Sullivan wants expanded information, and wishes to see the actual notes (FD-302) that were mentioned by Flynn; and Judge Sullivan is directing the special counsel to provide all documents created by the FBI surrounding the Flynn interview

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It sure looks like McCabe set Flynn up.

The true obstruction of justice has been continually committed by Comey, McCabe and other former top FBI and DoJ officials.

Full Flynn defense team sentencing paper:

https://assets.documentcloud.o...ANT-s-MEMORANDUM.pdf

(long at 178 pages)

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yup.

Never talk to any LE Agents who just want to "talk" and "clear some things up", especially if they say "you don't need an attorney".

Yeah, it'll be much easier for them that way, is what they mean.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Yup.

Never talk to any LE Agents who just want to "talk" and "clear some things up", especially if they say "you don't need an attorney".

Yeah, it'll be much easier for them that way, is what they mean.

I don't understand why the general fell for that line of crap in the first place. Maybe he knew it was a line of crap but decided to work with it as a way of beating it, which would also be stupid. I just don't understand how a three star could be so fooled. Maybe he wasn't as smart as everyone assumes most flag officers would normally be. On the other hand I'm not smart enough in these areas to comment inteligently.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The Flynn set up was even worse than it looks. James Comey himself directed the Flynn interview be a sandbag job. The same James Comey who can't remember anything about the counterintelligence investigation remembers the Flynn interview very well.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/t...5?mod=trending_now_5

The Flynn Entrapment

A court filing shows the ugly tactics employed by James Comey’s FBI.

Of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s many targets, the most tragic may be former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. The former three-star general pleaded guilty last year to a single count of lying to the FBI about conversations he had with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. Now we learn from Mr. Flynn’s court filing to the sentencing judge that senior bureau officials acted in a way to set him up for the fall.

Not a rich man after decades in uniform, Mr. Flynn pleaded guilty to avoid bankruptcy and spare his son from becoming a legal target. Mr. Flynn’s filing doesn’t take issue with the description of his offense. But the “additional facts” the Flynn defense team flags for the court raise doubts about FBI conduct.

The Flynn filing describes government documents concerning the Jan. 24, 2017 meeting with two FBI agents when Mr. Flynn supposedly lied. It turns out the meeting was set up by then Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, who personally called Mr. Flynn that day on other business—to discuss an FBI training session.

We also know from then FBI Director James Comey that this was his idea.

This is “something I probably wouldn’t have done or wouldn’t have gotten away with in a more organized administration,” Mr. Comey boasted on MSNBC this weekend.

“In the George W. Bush Administration or the Obama Administration, if the FBI wanted to send agents into the White House itself to interview a senior official, you would work through the White House counsel, there would be discussions and approvals and who would be there. And I thought, it’s early enough let’s just send a couple guys over.”

what a first cosmic class prick Comey has turned out to be

If the goal was to set a legal trap, it worked. The two agents showed up at the White House within hours of Mr. McCabe’s call, and they reported in the 302 that General Flynn had been “relaxed and jocular” and “clearly saw the FBI agents as allies.” One of the agents was Peter Strzok, who is famous for his anti-Trump texts to his FBI paramour.

The FBI agents had seen transcripts of Mr. Flynn’s conversations with the Russian ambassador that were “unmasked” by Obama Administration officials. The 302 says that rather than flag this and ask Mr. Flynn for an explanation, the FBI agents decided before the meeting that if “Flynn said he did not remember something they knew he said, they would use the exact words Flynn used, . . . to try to refresh his recollection. If Flynn still would not confirm what he said, . . . they would not confront him or talk him through it.”

Keep in mind the FBI’s counterintelligence probe into Russia and the Trump campaign was still secret. Mr. Flynn had done nothing wrong in conversing with the Russian ambassador—it was part of his job—and he had no reason to believe he was in legal jeopardy . He initially claimed he misremembered what was discussed, which is more believable than that a highly decorated officer would lie to FBI officers he agreed to see without counsel.

Mr. Flynn’s lawyers are requesting probation and community service, though the facts suggest the judge should question the entire plea deal. Messrs. McCabe and Strzok have both been fired for misconduct, and their behavior reeks of entrapment.

If he does nothing else, President Trump has an obligation to former aides like Michael Flynn and to the public to declassify and disclose the FBI documents related to the FBI’s Russia probe.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
sdy, I very much appreciate your follow up articles and analysis. It is a work I have no patience for but do enjoy the info.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Yeah, thanks, sdy!
You've done a lot of work going through this and summarizing for us.
If I could summarize your summary:
quote:
what a first class prick Comey has turned out to be

Big Grin

-rduckwor

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Yeah, thanks, sdy!
You've done a lot of work going through this and summarizing for us.
If I could summarize your summary:
quote:
what a first class prick Comey has turned out to be

Big Grin

lol.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I nominate SDY as SigForum J2

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
sdy, I might disagree only with the term "first class" and suggest "world class" or "cosmic class" instead.
But otherwise, yes, thank you very much for posting this information.

Posts: 18043 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I also want to express my appreciation for SDY and the other regular contributors to this thread. I also like the title edit for where the latest updates are.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
I don't understand why the general fell for that line of crap in the first place. Maybe he knew it was a line of crap but decided to work with it as a way of beating it, which would also be stupid. I just don't understand how a three star could be so fooled. Maybe he wasn't as smart as everyone assumes most flag officers would normally be. On the other hand I'm not smart enough in these areas to comment inteligently.
I don't know either. They obviously ran the game on him and he fell for it hook line and sinker. Probably ran a muted version of good cop / bad cop on him - not directly mind you, but just enough to be able to get what they wanted - in retrospect, of course because they didn't think he lied in the first report.

Again, they say it's the easiest advice you can ever give - never talk to the police without consulting counsel. Especially if it's 2 v 1 the hard way.

And I'm not saying you don't talk to the local cop at your door asking if you saw any cars over at your neighbors house where there was a break in, or not to talk to the cop who pulls you over when you are speeding.

I'm saying when two in suits knock on your door and want to talk, your hackles should go up. It may be unwarranted, but it's your right not to talk to them. Take a card, say you'll cooperate, and you'll get back to them. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
We all like to think that we're smart and aware (just ask any cop who's ever conducted an interview), and Flynn used to run the DIA so he may have had an exaggerated sense of his own sophistication. I'd be shocked to learn that he doesn't feel a bit stupid now.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post