SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, there's one pleasant thought - if this clown manages to stay in long enough to collect a pension, then isn't she likely to collect half of it for life in checks mailed directly to her rather than being passed to her through Strzok?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Is Strzok delusional? Did he think arrogance would get him anywhere? Dude, Comey and McCabe aren't going to cover your butt anymore. Why not at least pretend to be sorry for your actions??

LEOs tend to be trained to take control of every situation, only recognizing other higher ranking LEO. This can be good, or not. Meekness, contrition are not looked on as professional plusses.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
This is why you never conspire with girls. When trouble looms, they don’t want to get in it.

I hope beyond hope that after watching Strzok's performace...Lisa is thinking to herself "WTF did I ever see in that snarky, smirky, twisted faced, arrogant thin nosed dick" and turns on the asshole...that's my hope, but who knows...time will tell.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is why you never conspire with girls. When trouble looms, they don’t want to get in it.

Just one demonstration that they are the smarter sex.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

http://thehill.com/policy/nati...ied-information-with

Top Democrats request meeting with intel chief over sharing of classified info

The letter, signed by Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Senate Intelligence Committee Vice Chairman Mark Warner (D-Va.), and House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), said the wider sharing of the information may have put sources and methods at risk.

The Democrats are part of a select group of eight members of Congress, including top-ranking Republicans, who were granted access to review a slew of sensitive materials, including what led federal officials to launch the counterintelligence investigation into Russian interference.

The letter requested a meeting with Coats "as soon as possible" to discuss the possible disclosure, but did not specify which information was allegedly shared with the larger group of Congress members, or how it was shared.

“In recent days, we learned that certain classified documents that were originally made available to a small group of designated members have been made more broadly available to all members of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees,” the lawmakers wrote to Coats in a letter dated Friday.

"While we understand the need for congressional oversight, this action - which we understand was taken at your direction - contravenes your representation to us and our colleagues that this information would not be shared outside that group," they added. “We believe your decision could put sources and methods at risk."

Republican lawmakers have been pressing the FBI and the Department of Justice to turn over more information on a series of decisions taken by intelligence agencies during the 2016 presidential election, including details about an FBI informant’s contacts with members of the Trump campaign.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DEMs don't want the American people to know

Sen Mark Warner was going hyper over keeping Stefan Halper's name hidden, even though Halper's name was all over the internet and subsequently most news shows and printed media.

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
This reinforces my long held suspicion, bordering on belief, that whatever it is that they are keeping from public view is really, really awful stuff.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
whatever it is that they are keeping from public view is really, really awful stuff.

as in 'awful for THEM' or 'awful for US'?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Two inputs related to the Mueller indictment of the 12 Russians on hacking the DNC

first,

Carter Page gets a little sarcastic that the U.S. Govt hacked his emails

As frustrating as Carter Page can be, I admit I am rooting for him.

second,

In the Gubarev lawsuit against Buzzfeed, Gubarev claims the Mueller indictments vindicate him and his company.

Gubarev and his two firms, Webzilla and XBT Holding, are not named in the indictment.

One more crack in the dossier rock.

It is so scary that if only the media were honest, this whole fabricated conspiracy would have been fully exposed so long ago.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This might be pretty significant.

A few posts above is a letter from the top Democrats in congress to DNI Dan Coats. They want to keep some classified information limited to the gang of eight.

This article sheds some more light on the situation.

https://www.reuters.com/articl...claims-idUSKBN1K409H

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House has ordered that a wider group of lawmakers have access to classified information about an informant the FBI used to investigate possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia, the New York Times reported on Thursday, citing two American officials with knowledge of the decision.

The White House order to allow all members of the House and Senate intelligence committees to see the classified documents - rather than a smaller group of lawmakers known as the “Gang of Eight” - was made despite concerns by intelligence and law enforcement officials that the move could lead to leaks, the Times said.

According to the Times and other media reports, the FBI sent the informant, an American academic who teaches in Britain, to talk to Trump campaign advisers in the summer of 2016 after the agency had received evidence that the aides had suspicious contacts with Russia . The use of informants is commonplace in counterintelligence and criminal investigations.

The FBI at the time was investigating whether anyone in Trump’s campaign worked with Russia to help tip the election in Trump’s favor. The investigation is now being led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The "American academic" fits Stefan Halper perfectly.

"after the agency had received evidence that the aides had suspicious contacts with Russia"

what might that be ? How about the Steele dossier that was briefed to the FBI and the State Department in early July 2016 ?

Could it be this preposterous ?

The FBI / DoJ is trying to keep "secret" that the Steele dossier said Donald Trump and his lead campaign aides worked with the Russians during the campaign ?

and to keep "secret" that the FBI/CIA sent Stefan Halper in to trap Carter Page, Papadopoulos and others in the Trump campaign?

Those are the big "secrets" ?

Is this Strzok's reference to a super sensitive source that needed to be protected ?

If so , the real problems for the FBI are that

a) the dossier looks more like a complete fabrication every week that goes by,

b) the FBI used the unverified (and very likely totally false) dossier to get a FISA warrant against Carter Page,

c) The FBI sent Stefan Halper to spy on the Trump campaign based on information from the Clinton funded dossier

Now that would be a set of reasons to keep it all "secret", but it has nothing to do w national security.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
If so , the real problems for the FBI are that

a) the dossier looks more like a complete fabrication every week that goes by,

b) the FBI used the unverified (and very likely totally false) dossier to get a FISA warrant against Carter Page,

c) The FBI sent Stefan Halper to spy on the Trump campaign based on information from the Clinton funded dossier

Now that would be a set of reasons to keep it all "secret", but it has nothing to do w national security.

It does if your name is Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Mark Warner, or Adam Schiff. Traitorous POS's.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Did anyone ask Pete about the e-mails on Carlos Danger’s laptop?

Somewhere between several hundred thousand and as many as 3/4 million e-mails, in a few years.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Is Strzok delusional? Did he think arrogance would get him anywhere? Dude, Comey and McCabe aren't going to cover your butt anymore. Why not at least pretend to be sorry for your actions??

LEOs tend to be trained to take control of every situation, only recognizing other higher ranking LEO. This can be good, or not. Meekness, contrition are not looked on as professional plusses.

How could the lunatic we saw last week have risen to the position he had? Strzok has outdone John Koskinen of the IRS for arrogant, dismissive posturing (quite a feat). Could it be the utter disrespect for their inquisitors is theater? The Dims in the hearing came equally prepared to spit on the Republicans. In dealing with the right, the left's first response is always attack the messenger. With their fellow travelers in the press, they always get far more traction than they should.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Strzok has outdone John Koskinen of the IRS for arrogant, dismissive posturing (quite a feat).

He didn't merely surpass Koskinen, he overshot by miles. One might even say he's gone to plaid.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Anyone else wonder why this FISA judge isn't throwing people in jail left and right on severe contempt or even perjury charges? Has this judge even been named? I'm starting to think a sympathetic Deep State judiciary is as big a problem as the Deep State FBI.

Posts: 3522 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
been wondering about FISC reaction for quite a while

There were 4 diff judges, each approved one of the 4 warrants against Carter Page.

If things are as bad as reported by Sen Grassley, they should be in an uproar.

I don't think Grassley is bluffing.

Maybe the FISA judges are embarrassed. Maybe they know they will look like fools if it is as bad as Grassley reported

Some bloggers think there has been massive long term abuse of these warrants and subsequent illegal access to the results. Remember - all this FISA stuff is highly classified and the subjects of the surveillance never get to see the warrant application justification. Even if they go to trial.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Anyone else wonder why this FISA judge isn't throwing people in jail left and right on severe contempt or even perjury charges? Has this judge even been named? I'm starting to think a sympathetic Deep State judiciary is as big a problem as the Deep State FBI.

Even experienced judges can be fooled by skillful, clever, experienced parties, especially when there is a aura, a presumption almost, of truthfulness.

One essential function of court proceedings is deciding what the facts are. Judges depend on the parties to present their claim of what the facts are, and evidence to suppport the claim, to make the decision. In ex parte proceedings, where only one side is involved, you pretty much have to rely on what they represent as true, especially where very high officials are assuring you that it is.

That said, “fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, 30 days for contempt.” Big Grin

If they squander their credibility, it is hard to get back.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Some bloggers think there has been massive long term abuse of these warrants and subsequent illegal access to the results.

Admiral Rogers and the FISA Abuses. This is kinda long and I missed it the first time around. Having more knowledge now makes it more interesting.

quote:
Operation Condor – How NSA Director Mike Rogers Saved The U.S. From a Massive Constitutional Crisis…

"the back-story to the 2016 FISA 702(16)(17) political corruption by the Obama administration".
https://theconservativetreehou...nstitutional-crisis/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:

Well, we know who can play the next villain in a James Bond movie. Jesus, that asshole is scary, even Pennywise didn't scare me as much as him. Add in FBI credentials, a gun, and one of the most senior law enforcement positions in the country, that is truly terrifying. If I was executing a search warrant on this guy, I would be looking for dead bodies, lots and lots of buried dead bodies. Just saying.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
it never ends

Nunes interview

https://youtu.be/_em8SnJAxcg

Bartiromo asks Nunes if he thinks Mueller will ever wrap-up; Nunes responds no.

seen on CT