SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's going on?

Posts: 107566 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
yes, hard to listen.

Strzok going on about how important to protect confidential sources. Strzok wrapping himself in the flag and an FBI of high ethics. Utter BS.

Posts: 19570 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Joint committee hearing of two House committees, about 70 Congressmen. Gowdy got in a few questions, Strzok declined to answer, chaos ensued, with points of order, Rulings of the Chair, motions, appeals, total chaos, roll call vote.

At one point, we got to hear Agent Strzok deliver a somewhat lengthy exposition of the deep patriotism of the FBI, him, his supervisors and underlings. I can’t remember being so moved like this since being trapped in a window seat next to a born again Christian evangelist. Yikes!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, has anyone on the committee called him a liar to his face? Because that's what should happen.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107566 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, has anyone on the committee called him a liar to his face? Because that's what should happen.

That would be a breach of ahhh, errr, uhhh, decorum.

The preferred polite response is something like this:

“Unfortunately, the precise correlation between the information you communicated and the facts, insofar as they can be determined and demonstrated, is such as to cause epistemological problems, of sufficient magnitude as to lay upon the logical and semantic resources of the English language a heavier burden than they can reasonably be expected to bear.”

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Strzok says he in no way considers Trump supporters "ignorant hillbillies". (which he had texted)

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
This guy is a piece of work, he clearly thinks hes got congress on the run and is smarter than anyone else, I think he likes all the attention...

Posts: 23436 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Strzok has said that he did have and expressed personal, anti-Trump opinions. He also has said those opinions did not affect his job.

It seems to boil down to: How can you prove that personal opinions do or do not affect how one does their job? Put a psychiatrist expert witness on the stand?

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The DEMs have brought the hearing to a complete stop. Arguing over anything and everything. No testimony from Strzok for tens of minutes.

The DEMs have effectively destroyed this hearing so far.

Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
The more I see of our elected officials in action the more I wish most of those elected officials would die slowly from a fatal dose of the Clap.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
Strzok has said that he did have and expressed personal, anti-Trump opinions.
He also has said those opinions did not affect his job.

It seems to boil down to: How can you prove that personal opinions do or do not affect how one does their job?

You mean like changing wording from "negligent" to "careless"? Confused

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

They're getting closer. Sensenbrenner just told Strzok that his answer rates at 4 Pinocchios.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I am not surprised. I never expected anything useful to come from his "testimony". He gains nothing by admitting the truth, so why would he?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I am just wanting to go through my TV and slap that smirking grin-shit face. Mad

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Theater pure and simple. On both sides. If the truth does see the light of day I'm not even sure it will be acted upon. The dems are just delaying, hoping to win the house and put a stop to the congressional investigations. Every minute they delay is a win for them.

"The GOP threatens contempt."

Pfffft! They have been threatening that for over a year. Shit or get off the pot.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Strzok is insufferable to listen to. Much like Comey, incredibly full of himself. He’s being exactly the arrogant asshole he appeared to be in text. The FBI doesn’t look good with these folks representing them. I’m being polite. The organization needs to be disbanded.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
hearing taking a break. continues at 2pm

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Strzok is insufferable to listen to. Much like Comey, incredibly full of himself. He’s being exactly the arrogant asshole he appeared to be in text.

All that and more.
But make no mistake. He's a slippery fish.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
“Unfortunately, the precise correlation between the information you communicated and the facts, insofar as they can be determined and demonstrated, is such as to cause epistemological problems, of sufficient magnitude as to lay upon the logical and semantic resources of the English language a heavier burden than they can reasonably be expected to bear.”

I am saving that for later use!

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/big-...ting-me-helps-putin/

In the prepared remarks, Strzok will admit that while his text message criticism was “blunt,” it was not directed at one person or political party and included jabs not only at Donald Trump, but also at Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT). He will allege to House members that there is “simply no evidence of bias in [his] professional actions.”

“Let me be clear, unequivocally and under oath: not once in my 26 years of defending my nation did my personal opinions impact any official action I took,” the disgraced FBI agent will say.

Although Strzok has said through his lawyer that he was eager to tell his side of the story, he will express his exasperation at being the focal point of a congressional hearing and urge lawmakers to focus on Russian election interference instead.

“I have the utmost respect for Congress’s oversight role, but I truly believe that today’s hearing is just another victory notch in Putin’s belt and another milestone in our enemies’ campaign to tear America apart,” Strzok will say, according to the remarks. “As someone who loves this country and cherishes its ideals, it is profoundly painful to watch and even worse to play a part in.”

He will also hit back at President Trump’s characterizations of Mueller’s work and the threat of Russian election interference, saying, “This investigation is not politically motivated. It is not a witch hunt. It is not a hoax.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

during the DEM talking part, they held these pics up