SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
McCabe won't face any criminal charges.
Stone was facing 7 to 9 years in federal prison.

Yeah, Dept of Injustice alright. Fucking swamp. Mad

My wild ass speculation is that Comey,McCabe,Clinton,Brennan etc have massive amounts of information ie(dirt) about other government employees and politicians that renders them immune from prosecution. J.Edgar Hoover essentially ran a deep state of his own for decades because he had dirt.

Exactly this is why and how the Clintons have been untouchable all these decades. If you have dirt on others they don’t want to stir up any trouble because of the skeletons in their own closet will then be revealed. The Clintons aren’t afraid to take down others if they are going down. This has been the way of Washington for longer then we can ever imagine.

I voted for President Tump in hopes he would go after the stench and rot in Washington. However one person has very little chance to break up or expose them. With dishonest press, the deep state, and the corrupt government members how can we expect prosecutions to happen when there is so much corruption so many involved.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://dailycaller.com/2020/0...ak-denial-lisa-page/

Andrew McCabe’s denials to his FBI colleagues that he was behind a media leak related to the Clinton Foundation investigation in October 2016 cast suspicion on his loyal aide, Lisa Page, former FBI Director James Comey said in an interview with the Justice Department’s inspector general.

In a Nov. 15, 2017, interview, Comey said McCabe denied to him that he was involved in a leak for an Oct. 30, 2016, story in The Wall Street Journal that disclosed the existence of an investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

Because of McCabe’s denials, Comey’s chief of staff, James Rybicki, came to suspect that Page, McCabe’s general counsel, might have revealed the information for the story.

“I actually didn’t suspect Andy,” Comey said in the interview.

“After conversations with Rybicki my worry was is his aide doing it,” he added, referring to Page.

The Justice Department on Friday closed an investigation of McCabe. Prosecutors in Washington, D.C., were weighing whether to charge McCabe with making false statements to FBI investigators and the Justice Department’s office of the inspector general regarding his role in authorizing Page to speak with a reporter from The WSJ.

The inspector general found that McCabe displayed a “lack of candor” four times by denying any role in the leak.

Page congratulated her former boss in a Twitter post on Friday after the Justice Department closed the case.

McCabe authorized Page to provide details of the investigation to Devlin Barrett, a reporter who worked for The WSJ. Days earlier, Barrett published a negative story about contributions that a Clinton ally gave to the state senatorial campaign for McCabe’s wife.

Barrett’s second story revealed the existence of an investigation of the Clinton Foundation. It also portrayed McCabe as battling with the Justice Department to try to keep the investigation going. The story revealed that McCabe had a heated conversation on Aug. 12, 2016, with Justice Department official Matthew Axelrod, who reportedly wanted the FBI to back off of the probe.

Comey told the inspector general that he considered the story a problem because it would make the Justice Department “furious.” He also said Rybicki suspected that Page was the sole leaker.

“I think Rybicki came in or called me when this appeared and said this is really bad. DOJ is going to be furious,” Comey said.

“I’m really worried Lisa Page went off the reservation or something here,” Comey recalled Rybicki saying.

Comey also appeared to embrace the theory because of McCabe’s repeated denials that he was involved in the story.

“I don’t remember except that I have a strong impression that he conveyed to me, it wasn’t me boss,” Comey said of McCabe, who was fired from the FBI on March 16, 2018.

He paraphrased McCabe saying “I don’t know how this shit gets in the media,” and “why would people talk about this kind of thing?”

Besides an initial denial that he was involved in the leak, McCabe did not tell Comey of his involvement even after the FBI chief asked him to pull phone and email records for FBI employees in order to snuff out the leaker.

Comey said that when he discussed the issue with McCabe, the deputy mentioned there were a large number of contacts between FBI agents in New York and members of the press.

Comey said it “bugged” him that there were stories in the media about the Clinton Foundation probe.

I want to find who is making disclosures and nail them to the wall and so see if we can do it internally ,” Comey said.

so what does Comey say now that he knows it was McCabe leaking ? "nail him to the wall" , jimbo ?

He added: “I remember him telling me that we were finding a disturbing number of contacts between the FBI in New York executives and media figures, not that executives can’t talk to media figures, but a concerning number of contacts.”

Comey also suggested in his interview that Page was overly loyal to McCabe, even to the detriment of the FBI.

He described deliberations with McCabe about possible recusing himself from Clinton-related matters because of Devlin Barrett’s initial news story about contributions to his wife’s political campaign.

Comey said McCabe was “very unhappy” at the suggestion that he recuse himself from the investigation. Page was also opposed to the idea, so much so that she raised the issue with Rybicki.

Comey said he had a “strong reaction” when Rybicki told him Page disagreed with the decision to have McCabe removed from Clinton investigations.

“Lisa’s client is the Federal Bureau of Investigation of the United States. Our client is not Andy McCabe and she you know, you want me to do it or you do it, but someone’s got to make that clear to her that she’s not, should never be before me advocating for Andy McCabe,” Comey said.

“She should step back.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comey is so noble. (just kidding)

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Lou Dobbs

shout out to CTH

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exactly this is why and how the Clintons have been untouchable all these decades. If you have dirt on others they don’t want to stir up any trouble because of the skeletons in their own closet will then be revealed. The Clintons aren’t afraid to take down others if they are going down. This has been the way of Washington for longer then we can ever imagine.

Judicial Watch Sues FBI for Records on Seth Rich

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today it filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the FBI for all records related to murdered Democratic National Committee (DNC) Voter Expansion Data Director Seth Rich.

Rich, 27, was murdered on July 10, 2016, according to the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia. The DC police reports that Rich was killed at approximately 4:19 a.m. in the 2100 block of Flagler Place NW, Washington, DC.

No one has been charged in connection with Rich’s death. The case has not been closed, and the DC police are offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible.

Judicial Watch filed the lawsuit in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia after the FBI failed to respond to a July 26, 2019, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request seeking all records related to Rich and his murder (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Justice (No. 1:20-cv-00385)).

“There is significant public interest in the Seth Rich murder and the FBI’s game-playing on document production in this case is inexcusable,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

In a recent production of Peter Strzok-Lisa Page emails obtained by Judicial Watch, the Seth Rich controversy was the subject of one FBI email exchange. In a heavily redacted August 10, 2016, email exchange Strzok sends Page a forwarded message from unidentified agents from the FBI’s Washington Field Office (WFO) discussing Rich.

A public affairs official whose name was redacted opens the WFO email chain, writing:

Various news outlets are reporting today that Julian Assange suggested during a recent overseas interview that DNC Staffer, Seth Rich was a Wikileaks source, and may have been killed because he leaked the DNC e-mails to his organization, and that Wikileak’s was offering $20,000 for information regarding Rich’s death last month. Based on this news, we anticipate additional press coverage on this matter. I hear that you are in class today; however, when you have a moment, can you please give me a call to discuss what involvement the Bureau has in the investigation.

An unidentified WFO agent responds: “I’m aware of this reporting from earlier this week but not any specific involvement in any related case.”

An unidentified WFO agent subsequently writes deputy assistant director in the bureau’s Counterintelligence Division Jonathan Moffa and Strzok: “Just FYSA. I squashed this with [redacted]”.

Strzok then forwards the email chain to Page.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/...ecords-on-seth-rich/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
John Ratcliffe interview

https://youtu.be/OAa9r4GQ_uI

"I don't know anyone in the last 3 years who has done more to help Putin and Russia in their efforts to sow the seeds of discord in American elections than Adam Schiff has."

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
very good interview : Devin Nunes and Dan Bongino

https://youtu.be/jD0olMDMpU8

Nunes says in the FBI 302s about Geo Papadopoulos, Papadopoulos offered to help the FBI find and locate Joseph Mifsud. Mifsud - the guy who started it all.

But the FBI charged Papadopoulos w harming their questioning of Mifsud

and Gen Michael Flynn had told Nunes during the 2016 transition process that Flynn was going to downsize the NSC and empty the swamp of senior intelligence people in DC.

Flynn got targeted

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
This article is a couple of days old, but if it’s been posted I can’t find it.

“A top Republican said he doesn't expect U.S. Attorney John Durham to come out with a report upon completing his review of the Russia investigation.

Rep. Doug Collins, the ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee, told Fox News last week what he believes will come out of the secretive inquiry, often called the "investigation into the investigators."

“This is not going to be a Mueller report; there won’t be a report,” the Georgia Republican said, referring to former special counsel Robert Mueller's 448-page report.

Collins said he believes the public will hear about the progress Durham has made when there is an indictment.

“When he’s ready to charge people, he’ll charge people," Collins said. “And that’s when we’ll know.” …”

www.google.com/amp/s/www.washi...n-durham%3f_amp=true

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.
I hope he has some serious security after all the ass whippings he's been giving the Deep State Swamp.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
I hope he has some serious security after all the ass whippings he's been giving the Deep State Swamp.

What ass whippings? They expose a lot of corruption and wrong doing through their FOIA law suits that no one else puts the effort into doing but nothing ever comes of it. Nobody picks up the ball after that. Nobody's been charged much less held accountable for anything that I know of that JW has exposed. Hillary will make Sgt. Schultz look like he's got a photographic memory when they depose her. There will be a lot of legal wrangling that will take place before they ever sit her down in a room and start asking questions.

And nobody is a bigger fan of Judicial Watch than I am. I donate to them as generously as I can every year rather than donating to any political campaign. I keep hoping for the day all their hard work will result in something tangible but until then I'll keep waiting and hoping.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Christopher Steele goes to a private mtg at Oxford University and says "I stand by the integrity of our work"

https://dailycaller.com/2020/0...eele-oxford-dossier/

Former British spy Christopher Steele defended his anti-Trump dossier at a private event at Oxford University on Friday, in his first public remarks about the salacious document in the three-plus-years since it was published.

“I stand by the integrity of our work, our sources and what we did,” Steele said at the Oxford Student Union.

Steele’s glowing self-assessment is in stark contrast to the findings of the special counsel’s investigation and a Justice Department inspector general’s report on the FBI’s surveillance of Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

The FBI relied heavily on Steele’s information to obtain four warrants to wiretap Page. The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) blasted the FBI in the wake of the inspector general’s report, accusing the bureau of submitting false and misleading information related to Page, Steele, and the dossier.

The report found that the FBI was unable to corroborate Steele’s allegations regarding Page or other Trump associates. It also said that Steele’s only direct source for information disputed much of what was in the dossier.

The Steele source’s interviews with the FBI in early 2017 “raised doubts about the reliability of Steele’s descriptions of information in his election reports,” according to the report.

The special counsel’s probe also found no evidence of a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, as Steele alleged in the dossier.

Those findings appear not to have deterred Steele, a former MI6 officer, from doubling down on his most infamous project.

“Trump himself doesn’t like intelligence because its ground truth is inconvenient for him,” Steele said at the Oxford event, which was closed to the public.

"ground truth" ????

The reality check is that Russia is a hostile state as it is run at the moment, it is out to destabilize the West and it is nefarious in the way it goes about its business.”

Steele had not until Friday spoken publicly about the dossier, BuzzFeed News published Jan. 10, 2017, though he has issued several statements through attorneys and his firm, Orbis Business Intelligence, defending the dossier.

Steele’s lawyers issued a statement Dec. 10, 2019, criticizing the inspector general’s report and suggesting that Steele’s primary dossier source gave false information to the FBI. Steele’s attorneys said that he “meticulously recorded” the source. The attorneys have not responded to requests for further information from the Daily Caller News Foundation.

The founders of Fusion GPS, an opposition research firm that hired Steele on behalf of the DNC and Clinton campaign, have spoken out publicly to defend Steele and the dossier.

Steele said in the dossier that Page was part of the Trump campaign’s “well-developed conspiracy of cooperation” with the Russian government. The dossier also alleges that former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen visited Prague in August 2016 to meet with Kremlin officials to discuss paying off computer hackers.

The special counsel’s report and inspector general’s report poured cold water on both allegations. The reports said Cohen never visited Prague. The special counsel also found no evidence that any Trump associates conspired with Russians or acted as agents of Russia.

Steele himself indicated to his FBI contacts before the 2016 election that a sub-source for the dossier was unreliable. The inspector general’s report said that Steele told the FBI that the sub-source was a “boaster” and “egotist".

tough audience Smile

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Mark Meadows says Sen Intel chair Richard Burr (R) may support John Ratcliffe for DNI. That will probably be a big split w Sen Mark Warner.

Up to now Burr has kissed Warner's ass at every opportunity so they can say "bipartisan".

https://theconservativetreehou...ference/#more-185743

Note: The Senate Intel Comm STILL has not published a report saying there was no Russian collusion w the Trump Campaign.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Devin Nunes comments on Steele's recent claims at Oxford

https://youtu.be/LK4mTNafuao

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sen Intel chair Richard Burr (R)

What a spineless little weasel. Reminds me a lot of Jeff Sessions.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Remember way back when Rod Rosenstein so dramatically announced that Mueller was indicting 13 Russians for interfering in the 2016 election ?

that was Feb 2018

video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlGm5tse8ek

So where are we 2 years later?

https://www.politico.com/news/...2016-election-118926

U.S. may balk at trial over Russian interference in 2016 election

The Justice Department signaled Monday that it could back away from plans to put a Russian company on trial next month on a criminal charge that it bankrolled online and offline troll activity during the 2016 U.S. presidential race.

During a court hearing in Washington, a prosecutor questioned whether the firm linked to an ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin — Concord Management and Consulting — was sufficiently involved in the American legal process to demand a trial on the criminal conspiracy charge obtained by special counsel Robert Mueller in 2018 as part of a broader indictment of Russian companies and individuals.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Adam Jed, who served on Mueller's staff and is still assigned to the case, said Concord's defiance of a court-approved subpoena raised doubts about its commitment to the U.S. trial.

gee, you would think they would be thrilled

"We're starting to have some concern about whether Concord is really participating in this case," Jed told U.S. District Court Judge Dabney Friedrich. "We envision a possible situation where it would not be either possible or prudent to adhere to the current trial schedule."

Screening of potential jurors for the trial has already begun. Potential jurors are scheduled to appear in court April 1 with the trial set to begin in earnest the following week.

All the high powered Mueller prosecutors have scurried back into their holes

Friedrich seemed startled by Jed's suggestion of a postponement, although she indicated earlier in the half-hour-long hearing that she was frustrated with the company's limited response to a subpoena seeking various documents about its corporate structure, calendars of key personnel and internet use.

The judge, an appointee of President Donald Trump, said she was highly suspect of Concord's failure to provide any documents in response to a request for the internet addresses the company used over a four-year period. Prosecutors say the firm's response was so lacking that the company should be held in contempt of court.

The wrangling over Concord's response produced several heated exchanges Monday between Friedrich and one of the American lawyers the company retained to defend itself, Eric Dubelier.

During one prickly back-and-forth, Dubelier accused the judge of favoring the prosecution in the case and of reading pre-written rulings from the bench after pretending to entertain arguments from both sides.

"You've already reached a decision," he said, also complaining that her "tone" suggested he was "doing something sneaky." At one point, Dubelier also uttered "excuse me" to interrupt the judge — something rarely seen in federal courts.

"I'm not going to argue with you about the way I'm running my courtroom," Friedrich replied, noting that judges aren't required to hold hearings on motions at all.

"Seems to me there are two rules: rules for them and rules for us," Dubelier said.

Dubelier eventually said he was authorized to say the company had complied with the subpoena. "What they didn't have, they didn't produce. ... they don't have it," he said.

Jed said the company was already in contempt of court for failing to send an authorized representative to Monday's hearing as the judge demanded, but Dubelier said that was completely unreasonable for the Russia-based firm to do on a couple of days notice.

Jed proposed "a daily fine" against Concord to persuade the firm to comply. It was entirely unclear how the U.S. could collect such a fine, but the same observation could be made about the criminal fine which is the only punishment Concord could receive if ultimately convicted.

The indictment filed in the case in 2018 alleges that Prigozhin helped direct a "troll farm" that spread social media memes and even sought to organize demonstrations in the lead up to the 2016 election. Most of the activity opposed Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton or favored Trump, prosecutors contend.

None of the 13 Russian nationals indicted the case, including Prigozhin, have been arrested. When the case was filed, many experts regarded it as a "name and shame" prosecution that would likely never go to trial, but was intended to build public awareness about Russia's meddling in U.S. politics.

Concord, one of three Russian companies charged in the indictment, may have surprised prosecutors by retaining U.S. lawyers and demanding a trial. Preparations for the trial also involve giving the company access to evidence developed in the case, although Friedrich has put limits on some of that information being sent out of the U.S.

Some legal experts have predicted that the prosecution would eventually be dropped because convicting a Russian company of conspiring to defraud the U.S. government would provide little more than symbolic impact, while inviting a variety of complications.

Jed's comments Monday about possibly putting off the trial were surprising in part because of various indications from the prosecution in recent weeks that they were preparing to put on an aggressive case against the company at the jury trial the firm has demanded.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

What ass whippings? They expose a lot of corruption and wrong doing through their FOIA law suits that no one else puts the effort into doing but nothing ever comes of it. Nobody picks up the ball after that. Nobody's been charged much less held accountable for anything that I know of that JW has exposed. Hillary will make Sgt. Schultz look like he's got a photographic memory when they depose her. There will be a lot of legal wrangling that will take place before they ever sit her down in a room and start asking questions.

And nobody is a bigger fan of Judicial Watch than I am. I donate to them as generously as I can every year rather than donating to any political campaign. I keep hoping for the day all their hard work will result in something tangible but until then I'll keep waiting and hoping.

I feel the same way. But I’ve stopped my donations for now until I see some of these bastards put away. Otherwise, it’s just entertainment.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump considering 'full pardon' for Michael Flynn after FBI 'lost' records

https://www.washingtonexaminer...ter-fbi-lost-records

President Trump said he is seriously considering a pardon for former White House national security adviser Michael Flynn.

“So now it is reported that, after destroying his life & the life of his wonderful family (and many others also), the FBI, working in conjunction with the Justice Department, has 'lost' the records of General Michael Flynn. How convenient. I am strongly considering a Full Pardon!” Trump tweeted on Sunday.

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to have a review of the FBI to find out if they make this many mistakes on all their cases or only the high profile ones?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
It would be interesting to have a review of the FBI to find out if they make this many mistakes on all their cases or only the high profile ones?
Mistakes? Or covering/up their asses?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
DoJ drops case against Russian Company Concord Management and Concord Consulting

https://theconservativetreehou...ord-llc/#more-186577

Almost everyone who researched the substance behind Rod Rosenstein and Robert Mueller’s heavily promoted Russian indictments knew the underlying claims were centered on the thinnest of evidence.

A few Facebook memes were used to accuse Russian company Concord LLC of violating FARA and FEC election laws.

In July,2018, Robert Mueller asked a federal judge in Washington for an order that would protect the handover of voluminous evidence to lawyers for Concord Management and Consulting LLC, one of three companies and 13 Russian nationals charged in a February 2018 indictment . They are accused of producing propaganda, posing as U.S. activists and posting political content on social media as so-called trolls to encourage strife in the U.S.

The prosecution was always just a farce. The ridiculous Russian indictments were only created to give some sense of validity to a premise that did not exist; and to allow the Robert Mueller investigation to continue operating when there was never a valid justification for doing so.

This was perhaps the biggest shell game operation, with a non-existent pea, using the DOJ and FBI to give the impression that something nefarious had happened; when factually the ‘Russian Conspiracy Narrative’ was all just one big hoax upon the American people.

The purpose of Robert Mueller was to create something, find anything, that would lead to their political allies being able to remove a sitting president. Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein participated in that hoax for those intents….

adding: Steele identified several Russians by name as having committed similar charges. None of those Russians named in the dossier were ever charged.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
At least Durham is doing somethingFrown Surely there are better targets though.

“U.S. Attorney John Durham announced Monday that he charged a man with threatening to kill House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff.

Durham, the U.S. attorney for Connecticut who is leading the Justice Department’s review of the Russia investigators, sent out a press release noting he charged Robert Phelps of Torrington, Connecticut, “with threatening to assault and murder a U.S. official, which carries a maximum term of imprisonment of 10 years, and with making interstate threats, which carries a maximum term of imprisonment of five years.” …

www.washingtonexaminer.com/new...-to-kill-adam-schiff

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post