SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thinking about selling the collection
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about selling the collection Login/Join 
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer:
I've always regretted selling any gun I've ever owned.

I'm the opposite. I sell guns I don't shoot. And use the money to buy silencers, ammo, or guns that I want more.

Keeping stuff just to have stuff doesn't interest me. I don't regret a single gun that I have sold.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I have always been of a mind to never sell much from my collection, there are a few dozen.
Plus mags and ammunition for everything aplenty.

I have been of a mind that I wanted to be prepared to arm my neighbors if crunch time comes out of nowhere.

I know it sounds paranoid but it never hurts to be prepared.
The government knows what I have.
While they say they don't, we all know they do.
Therefore, they know exactly what I have.

And yes, everything was legally purchased with 4473s and such.
I never hid anything, everything above board.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Better to have it and not need it, rather than vice versa, right?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say for anyone i offended with this thread I am sorry. It's been a very stressful filled months with work. Budgets cuts and let's get more done with less type of hell. And I have begun my decision to let something's go. So far it's not helped. I sold one and and already bought 2. So i will begin, hi my name is gambit and I have problem, I just love guns.

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh and Thank you para for not banning when my panties got moist.

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just wanted to say for anyone i offended with this thread I am sorry. It's been a very stressful filled months with work. Budgets cuts and let's get more done with less type of hell. And I have begun my decision to let something's go. So far it's not helped. I sold one and and already bought 2. So i will begin, hi my name is gambit and I have problem, I just love guns.

Well welcome to the Sig twelve step program. The first step is that You are powerless when it comes to buying guns.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gambit123:
I sold one and and already bought 2.

At that rate, you'll always have something to sell. Big Grin

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
OP, glad you're back. I was kind of worried. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh and Thank you para for not banning when my panties got moist.

LOL

Glad you're still with us, gambit!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Alright-y. Lemmee scratch "the humorous approach" off the list of ways to address this.

I knew it! Big Grin
Yup, same here. 12131 Kicked it off. Along with wit, he's got a friendly sense of humor. I'll have to read on and see what the OPs' collection has been bid up to. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Self healing therapy.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I have sold a bunch over the years a 225, 220TT, 226Navy, hkusp45TT, Smith 581, DW pointman and 226 357Sig.

Reasons didn't like-- 225/220T
upgrade-- 226 Navy went to a legion. 581 went to a SW performace 627.
226-- too many 226's.

Only one I really regret is ist Point man

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
too many 226's.

That's not really a thing, is it? That combination of words does not make sense to me.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just wanted to say for anyone i offended with this thread I am sorry.

I don't think anyone was offended, per se. Mystified, maybe Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
too many 226's.

That's not really a thing, is it? That combination of words does not make sense to me.

your right.. strike that. I needed money and made a bad decision!!!!

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That ain't the half of it. I'm 'bout to send in the clowns.

Oh, wait. Shit, they're already here.

LOL that's rich, don't you agree. Razz

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post