SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thinking about selling the collection
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about selling the collection Login/Join 
posted
I have been thinking about this for awhile and I am on the fence about selling everything i own but a colt 6920, glock 19, rem 870 and a 22 ruger pistol. I have other items I don't shoot and have no use for other then looking at. At the same time it feel like I would regret it. I have no reason to do it other then no use for them. What is everyone else's thoughts on this?

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
If you don't need the money, maybe think it over for several months.

I've read a lot on this forum about people lamenting the guns they let go, that they wish they would have held on to. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I guess the thought that comes to mind is make sure the proceeds are just not squandered.

I mean, as it is. At least the money was well spent Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I know a guy (late 50s) who auctioned a large collection and kept just a few guns. He felt like he was a slave to his possessions, and it was very freeing.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat - out of my entire collection, there are only 2 or 3 handguns I regularly shoot. But, I just can't see myself ever selling anything - I know I would forever regret it. My taste in guns kind of goes in cycles, sometimes I like to admire my 1911, sometimes my Ruger Blackhawk, sometimes it's my HK or Sigs. Even though I don't shoot them, I still take pleasure in owning them. Plus, a couple of my kids have expressed interest in a few of my guns, and I'd like to be able to pass them on to them.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
I've always regretted selling any gun I've ever owned.

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The market is awful soft right now. I understand the feeling, and came awful close during the assault-riflemageddon.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are looking to by land to buy to build our future house, but at the current moment we have Less then 8,000.00 worth of debt and we only pay 125.00 on lot rent. Also driving high mileage cars so we have no car payments. I would not think my selling the collection would help a lot right now do to market conditions but at the same time I just do not feel the need to have all these guns I do not use, but people like to look at it and go hey that's nice.

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe sell off the one or two you feel the least about. See how that goes and then decide whether to go ahead with more

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I can tell you this with about 75% accuracy.

Sell your collection, but in 8 months you will be buying other guns again.

I have 10x more than I need, but have them.

If you realized you didn't need as many pistols/firearms as you currently have, you wouldn't have bought the amount you have now.

This probably applies to many, many Sig Forum members too, including one Sunset_Va.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I have sold a few and regret it to this day but at the same time I have no other interest at this point so maybe it's just Bordem, maybe I should just watch birds or collect postal stamps.

Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
If you're not hurting for money, why sell 'em? Maybe hand them off to your responsible heirs? I mean, what better gift is there for someone who's into guns than a gun?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have gave some to my brother who voted democratic now turned republican. He was changed after I gave him a gun and YouTube videos. Now he wants more.

Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Well, take it from someone that has gone down that road more than once. I had an extensive HK collection years ago. Sold it all and then went on a SIG collecting spree. And then sold it all other than a P228 and it was the only gun I owned for a while. That didn't last long and did the SIG thing again and then sold it, again. For me it was all about the chase.

I DO regret selling a couple guns that I doubt I could ever replace, at least dollar wise, HK P7's, SP89's Frown

So, I have a couple guns now that I promised myself I won't sell. It's a meager collection, but it works.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Please post a price. All WTS ads must have a price.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Hope this a joke I am not looking to sell, just asking for opinions Eek

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been thinking about this for awhile and I am on the fence about selling everything i own but a colt 6920, glock 19, rem 870 and a 22 ruger pistol. I have other items I don't shoot and have no use for other then looking at. At the same time it feel like I would regret it. I have no reason to do it other then no use for them. What is everyone else's thoughts on this?

I grew up in a frugal family. My Dad would always say don't buy it if you do not need it. I am now Middle Class which means I buy things that I want, but not necessarily need. It feels good, but I always feel some stupid twinge of guilt about having things I do not need.

I have guns I do not shoot often, but still enjoy owning them. Enjoy what you have, we are not promised tomorrow as many of us know. If you decide to sell please post them here, so they can go to a good owner.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gambit123:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Hope this a joke I am not looking to sell, just asking for opinions Eek

Man, you just don't get it, do you? This is about to get nuked. Wink

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take it! Wait, what did I just buy?

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure sorry para and everyone else. Apparently I didn't read the rules. Please nuke this