SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vacuum sealer recommendations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vacuum sealer recommendations Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
For sealing the end of "rolled bags" on my 215, I just set the vac time to zero or start a cycle and then hit the stop button. It stops the vac cycle but continues with the sealing and cooldown.

The other thing you can do is get an impulse sealer that will allow you to create whatever kind of bag you want. I vacuum pack and seal a lot of stuff. I make compartments in larger bags with the impulse sealer, load the items, then vacuum pack them.

You can also seal things that you do not want to vacuum pack, just protect.

For instance, vacuum seal a roll of or just seal a roll of toilet paper to keep in your trunk. Good insurance that will stay dry until you need it (or paper towels or gloves or anyting else you want to stay dry and protected). Or buy bulk nuts/grains. Put an oxygen absorber in it and then vacuum pack or just seal. Great cost saver.

Also, look at purchasing some of the bags that have the integrated "ziptop" closure. They are great for medium quantity packages where once you open the bag, you can reseal if you think you will only use some of the contents, but plan on using the rest in a few days or just want to close the package (like th toilet paper).

Don't forget to get some spare parts. I would recommend a new, complete seal bar, some of the sealing wire and several pre-cut lengths of Teflon tape.

Enjoy... You can do some very cool things with the VacMaster. First Aid Kit, (with the zip top sealer bags, or not), spare parts kit for your main go-to-war rifle, daily medications packs to use during vacations/travel, reusable ice packs, etc.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Where do you get your rolls?

ETA: Looks like Amazon sells the Vacmaster brand rolls.

I typically get mine at Cabelas, they private labeled from vacmaster I believe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6225 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we used a food saver for 10 years and the 2nd one is on it's 9th year.

90% was used on meat products, pork chops, hamburger, etc.

but I've watched three Vac Master 210 vids,
I wonder if, for the money difference , it would last a lot longer than 10 years?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
we used a food saver for 10 years and the 2nd one is on it's 9th year.

90% was used on meat products, pork chops, hamburger, etc.

but I've watched three Vac Master 210 vids,
I wonder if, for the money difference , it would last a lot longer than 10 years?

The cost savings is in the bags. Somewhere around 30 dollars for a thousand bags. Plus better sealing and vacuum. You can also seal liquids easier and more throughly.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine, the VP 215, is 7 years old and all I have done is change the oil (seriously, there is a bottom drain plug near the back and it is only 4 oz of oil, maybe 5), changed the Teflon tape on the sealer bar and cleaned the surface with a lite bleach mixture.

The thing runs and looks like the day I bought it.

Oh, I did change an o-ring on the drain plug because the original looked pinched during an oil change. I just slipped it over the drain plug. Never had a leak, but it was simple to do.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post