SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter and Archery - Vegas day 1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter and Archery - Vegas day 1 Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Day 1 of competition in Vegas is in the books. Our daughter is doing well and so is our team. Hard to believe this is the 5th year our daughter has shot Vegas.

She's doing well. After the first end she's at 288/300 and in 18th place in a division of 94 girls. Crazy some of the scores that are being shot this year. There's only 10 points that separates 1st from 28th. Painful match to watch at one point she was holding 9th place, dropped a 7 and fell to 28th in the rankings in just one end. She's clawed her way back up and her goal of a top 10 finish here is definitely in reach if she can shoot well tomorrow.

Not much got done in the way of photography today, I spent most of my day running up and down the line with 194 archers on it making sure our team was in good shape. We've got 21 archers from our team shooting this weekend. A couple trying for the podium, quite a few shooting Vegas for the first time and two shooting Vegas as their very first tournament. No major blow ups, no tears shed and some solid performances. Proud of one of my personally coached students coming out for the 7:00AM session, killed it and shot a personal best. I can't ask for more from a student.

On the practice range last night, yes if it's astroturf over dirt and smells like horseflop, it must be the practice range in Vegas.

Our team or 21 archers. Yes, 21 archers in Vegas not sure what that may hold for us...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 2000Z-71,

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. Great looking group of archers there!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Then purple arrows seem to be missing their Purple People Eater?

Miss M. -- git some!! (No more shots into the Bud Light sign. Big Grin)

Team -- make coach proud. More personal bests is a great weekend to have.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post