SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Update Page 2 and now page 7 **Been Sidelined A Few Months * She's Gone * My Sister and Best Friend **Went To Heaven At 9:00 AM. today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Update Page 2 and now page 7 **Been Sidelined A Few Months * She's Gone * My Sister and Best Friend **Went To Heaven At 9:00 AM. today Login/Join 
I'm No Quitter
posted
Hello to all.

Have been a bit sidetracked the past few months. Several family members having ongoing and new health issues .. some worse than others.
Many of you know my sister has been very sick for years --- I have said many many times .. I don't really know why she is still here with us... only God's Will ---- for certain.

Hubby has some new health issues and old back (surgery) pain issues and the Youngest son still has no answers for his head pain ..
( I was corrected to not say Headaches) --- for all the Money and Dr's they have seen for him -- No Real Answers and to be truthful --- no one even interested in looking.
Just take the pains meds and carry on.
No they don't work -- but he gets thru the days and nights somehow.

I have been trying to read on the forum -- whenever I get a few minutes --- and see what all is going on on SF and all my friends.
15 minutes here and 10 minutes there.
Sorry -- Not finding much time for jumping in and posting.

Thanksgiving had some hard moments and Christmas had a few bumps in the road.
NOTHING like what my friends are going thru here on the Forum .. hence my hesitance to post why I have not been on the board much.
Our Problems are Small compared to some folks here.
You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

So I Just wanted to check in briefly and say that I miss posting and hope to get back in the swing of things as time allows.
The very near days --- not looking as bright as I would like but with God's love and compassion --- we will keep going onward and upward.
I am still trying to run the gunshop and Thanks to All Who Have Bought From Me.

I pray each day for all those on my ever growing Prayer List and Think of all those we have met thru the years.
You are always my extended family and will hold all of you near in our thoughts and prayers.

One bright light in our Christmas was --- a Ruger Blackhawk I bought Hubby 20 years ago -- he sold and was fortunate enough to be BOUGHT BACK from an old friend who had bought it!

The Ruger was looking pretty tough after all these years --- but Hubby found a fellow in Florida (Really GREAT guy) who did a Ceracote and Tiger Stripe finish on this gun.
He (Scott Corley of Guardian Custom Coatings) does not know us but after I talked to him and explained that the refinishing job was a “Christmas Present” for hubby — jumped in there and had it back to us before Christmas Day!
The Price was outstanding and the workmanship was unbelievable!

Hubby could not be happier!!! (Me Too!)
I have added a pic below of the finished gun.
It was the Absolute Highlight of Hubby's Christmas!
(Mine too but don't tell him! Ha Ha)
He is looking forward to shooting it a lot more when weather allows.
We have had snow and ice here but not like those up north have for sure.

Thinking of you guys everyday!
Most Sincerely,
Donna and Family

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MississippiGal,

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Best of luck and best wishes for you and the whole family Donna!

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You've been missed.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year Donna, hope this year is better. Best wishes to you and yours!

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from you!

Posts: 991 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Report This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I've missed seeing you around. Thanks for the update and be blessed.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Here is to a better new year for all.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
...and you are???

Razz

Sorry for your family's health issues. That can be extremely taxing.

You haven't missed much. Oh Wait, did you hear we have a new president elect and it's not Hillary?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

there is a 1278 page thread you need to read

there is a quiz next week Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Hope 2017 is a better year for you and your family!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
All the best, Donna.
You are definitely one of the good ones here.

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Great to hear from you Donna. Prayers and best wishes to you and your family.

Jon

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Thank you for checking in and the update. Sorry to learn of your difficulties. Mrs DF and I have been through some too over the years. What I've learned from that is weak things become strong by pressing against resistance. I've also learned to pass through difficulty with patience, long suffering and faith. That changes the whole experience. God bless you and your family. We look forward to your return.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you back, even if for a short time.

Really, really sorry to hear of your trials. As you said, prayer and faith go a long long ways towards a glorious outcome.

Prayers for your and yours and that things do get much better, and SOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Donna, prayers and best wishes for you and your family for the new year. Hope all your med issues are resolved.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Wishing you nothing but best thoughts and prayers kind Lady!

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Report This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear from you and, things can get rather rough at times. We can however take consolation in God's promise that He will never put more on us than we can bear.
My Church has a lengthy prayer list and I firmly believe in prayer and you can be sure you and your family will go on my personal prayer list.

Hope you have a great new year and everything starts looking up for you.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about you a few weeks ago and wondering why you hadn't posted in a while. Now I know why, good luck with the family medical issues.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Donna, welcome back! I am about to say a prayer for you and your family.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Good to see your post...I'm another that wondered where you have been...I understand and I am praying that things will get better for you and your family in this new upcoming year and the health issues with your family will improve...

Good bless y'all Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post