SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Memrise App on sale for next 11 days
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memrise App on sale for next 11 days Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted
Annual pro membership is now $29.95.

Have been tinkering with the free version of German and it seems to work pretty well. Now that the price for a year is cut in half I'm mighty tempted to upgrade.

*Edited to add the following link.
App general info here: https://www.memrise.com/courses/english/

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What is it?

ETA: Ah, it's a language app. Interesting. I may have to look into this.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I was going to make a wise crack about them not having Klingon, but it turns out they do.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I was amazed to find a klingon pic of Hilldawg at one of the links. There's also a Trump klingon.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
I was going to make a wise crack about them not having Klingon, but it turns out they do.

I just searched on "Klingon" and it came back with "No courses found"

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

I just searched on "Klingon" and it came back with "No courses found"

Perhaps you mis-spelled it.
try: https://www.memrise.com/courses/english/?q=klingon

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post