SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    BBQ beef or pork? What's your preference?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBQ beef or pork? What's your preference? Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
BBQ beef or pork?

Yes. Big Grin

This man is correct. Smile

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smoked baby backs......will be having some this Sunday!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
Porque no los dos?

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer smoked salmon with beef a close second. Pork is a distant third.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I like it all but if picking only one, it's definitely beef.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:

I prefer smoked salmon with beef a close second. Pork is a distant third.
Good answer!

Smoked trout is great, too. Sturgeon. Whitefish. Actually, I have not tasted a smoked fish that I did not like.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Beef, pork is not BBQ!!

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brisket, then fish, then chicken, then pork.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Beef, pork is not BBQ!!

HK Ag

Actually, historically, it appears pork was the original BBQ. Here is an excerpt from a Smithsonian article, the full link is below:

The first indigenous tribes Christopher Columbus encountered on the island he named Hispaniola had developed a unique method for cooking meat over an indirect flame, created using green wood to keep the food (and wood) from burning. Reports indicate that the Spanish referred to this new style of cooking as barbacoa: the original barbecue. As the Spanish explorers who followed Columbus turned their expeditions north, they brought the cooking technique with them. In 1540, close to present-day Tupelo, Mississippi, the Chicksaw tribe, in the presence of explorer Hernando de Soto, cooked a feast of pork over the barbacoa. Eventually, the technique made its way to the colonies, traveling as far north as Virginia.

Barbecue belt residents would argue that the beef-based BBQ of Texas, or the mutton-based BBQ found in Kentucky, doesn’t constitute authentic barbecue.

History of BBQ

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:

Actually, historically, it appears pork was the original BBQ.
The truth is, barbecued pork originated in China.

A family's pet pig was in a wood building that was struck by lightning. The building burned, with the pig in it.

When the fire was almost burned out, the son of the family saw the burned pig. He touched the pig that was still hot, pulled his finger back quickly, and stuck his painful finger in his mouth.

He was amazed by the taste and called the rest of the family.

A few centuries later, it was discovered that it was not necessary to burn the barn down in order to enjoy tasty pig.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
you ain't seen noting
Till you're down on some Mutton
Then you're sure to be a-changin' your ways

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
you ain't seen noting

Q

Posts: 26375 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

you ain't seen noting
The Moonlite Bar-B-Q in Owensboro KY features Mutton, as well as beef, chicken, pork, turkey, and country ham. Catfish and shrimp, too. Don't eat too much meat though, save room -- the desert buffet is incredible.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Jackfruit. Grilled in a skillet with BBQ sauce..instant Sloppy Joe.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Pork

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got me fired up, so I did some Char Siu Beef Shorties!
http://imgur.com/a/nphg0af

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
HRK—- I always thought Steven as more of a muffin man.

If I could do brisket like they do in Texas, it’d be beef, but until then I go with pork.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since it's a simple question, I'll give a simple answer. Pork.

As to the unasked question that others have answered, I love it all.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Pork Smile

(The pull from the little 7lb butt I did today).

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I grew up in SE Texas and SW Louisiana, and down there, when it comes to barbeque, beef is king. I love barbeque pork, but for me, nothing beats barbeque beef brisket when it's done right. A couple of thick slabs of brisket between two pieces of white bread and with just a hint of sauce, that's just Heaven.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post