SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    BBQ beef or pork? What's your preference?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBQ beef or pork? What's your preference? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Tough decision, but eased by the fact that that both choices are excellent.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'mma go with: yes. All's good to me

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
BBQ beef or pork?

Yes. Big Grin

Beef, Pork, Chicken...matters not to me, I'll tear 'em all up.

Ditto!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
BBQ beef or pork?

Yes please, could you pass the chicken while you are at it?

I like anything with a good smokey flavor and a good rub. Only preference I have is with ribs. Pork > Beef. If you're cooking I'm eating, no matter what animal you decide on.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like both. I have a pork butt on the pellet grill as I type. Started it at 10:30 last night and woke up at 6:30 this morning to reload the hopper with pellets. Will be going about my day in a bit.

That’s what I like so much about pellet grills. Absolutely no baby sitting.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
If forced to choose, pork. But I love beef too.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Beef Brisket. Hickory. Everything else is second. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Pork. Ideally Corky's when they have all you can eat ribs. I'll start with the dry. After quite a few I swap to the wet ones. Fingers will stink for a week!

I need to get back to Pigeon Forge just for that.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
BBQ beef or pork?

Yes. Big Grin

Beef, Pork, Chicken...matters not to me, I'll tear 'em all up.

Ditto!

You can add me to this group. I think I BBQ or grill more pork than beef, so it might be our preference by a teeny, tiny little bit.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of it

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Beef by a mile.
Brisket is king! Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Ahh yes, the age old question. The Ginger or Mary Ann of BBQ. I love my brisket but it’s hard to beat a nice rack of dry rubbed baby back pork ribs. Beef ribs are almost magical when done properly but a succulent, juicy smoked to perfection pork belly is food for the gods.

A Wagyu tri tip is almost beyond compare until you’ve had a Kurubota pork loin. I love them all equally. If I had to order my last meal it would be all of the above with a side of smoked sausage and a smoked bologna chub on the side. Oh and some pulled pork butt and a smoked beef chuck roast and yeah some of that smoked meat loaf please and pass the smoked pit beans......

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When talking bbq, I am talking smoked on a smoker, as I love a good steak too. But in this order:

Sliced pork, pulled pork, st. louis ribs, brisket, baby back ribs, beef ribs.

Brisket when it's done right is excellent. However, it takes a lot of skill to have it perfect. I've smoked tons of pork myself, but never tried brisket for that reason. However, have had brisket at a lot of barbeque places and it's wrong (dry or chewy or both) more times than it's right (juicy, tender etc.).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jimmy123x,

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BBQ pork and ribs

Beef for steaks

Grilled chicken with or without BBQ

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Brisket

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In order from favorite to least:
Pork belly burnt ends
Brisket
Pork shoulder
Pork loin

Posts: 390 | Location: Northern Colorado  | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
looking for the poll results

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I prefer brisket to ribs; but if it’s ribs, pork ribs.

This.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
In this part of Texas it's Smoked Beef Brisket and Pork Baby Back Ribs.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Either, but brisket is the ne plus ultra of Texas barbeque.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post