SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Use Sling TV?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Use Sling TV? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Roku + Sling here as well for over a year or more. Best thing I ever did was dump Uverse. Also use Amazon Prime and Netflix as well. I do not miss cable one bit. Also upgraded Internet to Spectrum with over 100Mb from ATT deal service. And still my price went down.

Tried the Firestick from Amazon, but seemed to drag a bit, Roku is my go to.

Screw you AT&T!

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I cut the cord a couple of months ago, and I tried the free trials of Sling, DirecTV Now, Playstation Vue and Hulu...all at the same time. I'd switch between them all to see what I liked best, ending up going with PS Vue. Sling wasn't bad, but I liked the PS Vue interface better. Also, I liked that I could use PS Vue credentials for other apps.

I pay right at $60.00 with tax.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1164 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I figured I'd update this thread.

Damn you Comcast...

Each time I try to ditch Comcast or at least ditch them for just internet and go all-streaming, they suck me back in.

I ended up re-upping with Comcast for a new 2-year deal that gives us what we had for the past 2 years and only went up a few bucks from the promotional pricing we had been getting. Asked them to swap out the Showtime which I never watched and was getting for HBO so now I can get caught up on Curb Your Enthusiasm and check out Westworld. Seems like their customer service is finally slowly starting to recognize that unless they start working with their existing customers and dropping the "You need US more than WE need you" crap that they will keep losing people.

I priced out going LTE from AT&T and DSL (yuck) and nothing could beat what we already had, so Comcast/Xfinity it is.

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Westworld

I'll be signing backup for HBO again once WW is back on. It's really good.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My son started Directv Now earlier this week and is very happy. He gets all the locals in Salt Lake City. I signed up for it yesterday but, guess what, no locals in NW Montana.

That won’t work. The search continues.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
My son started Directv Now earlier this week and is very happy. He gets all the locals in Salt Lake City. I signed up for it yesterday but, guess what, no locals in NW Montana.

Mike

www.PSVUE.com check out the PlayStation TV (Sony), I've had it for over a year and love it. Also get all the locals.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:

Mike

www.PSVUE.com check out the PlayStation TV (Sony), I've had it for over a year and love it. Also get all the locals.

No locals here. Only select markets.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post